Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    all i can say is ask yourself the question.... Would you defend alex like that?
    this, but I have to say Kap moves the ball down the field, has more balls than alex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    this, but I have to say Kap moves the ball down the field, has more balls than alex
    This? Yeolde9erfan, you know good and well that I have defended Alex Smith for blame that he didn't deserve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    This? Yeolde9erfan, you know good and well that I have defended Alex Smith for blame that he didn't deserve.
    yes I was saying in general wasn't intending it specifically for you, I have to ask it of myself as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    yes I was saying in general wasn't intending it specifically for you, I have to ask it of myself as well.
    OK, Big Cheeze was directing that to me, so I assumed you were too. I've defended Alex when he was blamed for things out of his control, and I'll do it for Colin too. Colin clearly makes our offense more explosive.

vCash
    OK, Big Cheeze was directing that to me, so I assumed you were too. I've defended Alex when he was blamed for things out of his control, and I'll do it for Colin too. Colin clearly makes our offense more explosive.
    I know you have. i have as well and it feels like i'm cheating on my wife

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan:24459070
    I know you have. i have as well and it feels like i'm cheating on my wife
    LMAO, nhaaa. My balls are still attached... There are rewards, and risk in marrying a red head.

Also, the players are really shooting praise towards Kaep... Hard to argue against that. And of course Kaep is a great guy.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Yes, I've been doing it for 8 years
    He has guys. Sometimes it seemed like Lakers, Red, myself and maybe one or two others against everyone else in here at times. Ah memories.

We need to quit this **** though. We did it with Alex for so many years and I really don't want to do it with Kaepernick. I love Alex, and it feels weird moving on in this situation, but you have to admit that CK definitely brings more to the offense. Guy is dangerous. Harbaugh really knows how to develop QBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    He has guys. Sometimes it seemed like Lakers, Red, myself and maybe one or two others against everyone else in here at times. Ah memories.

We need to quit this **** though. We did it with Alex for so many years and I really don't want to do it with Kaepernick. I love Alex, and it feels weird moving on in this situation, but you have to admit that CK definitely brings more to the offense. Guy is dangerous. Harbaugh really knows how to develop QBs.
    We all know (deep down weather everyone will admit it or not) that Smith was nothing but an efficient caretaker to the QB position. This was not a guy viewed as a franchise QB. The consensus in this forum preseason was that this was probably Smith's team only for one more year until Kap was ready. Well Kap looks ready sooner than expected. Sure he may need some polish, but Ws are what matter and he's doing as much or more than Smith was to get the W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    We all know (deep down weather everyone will admit it or not) that Smith was nothing but an efficient caretaker to the QB position. This was not a guy viewed as a franchise QB. The consensus in this forum preseason was that this was probably Smith's team only for one more year until Kap was ready. Well Kap looks ready sooner than expected. Sure he may need some polish, but Ws are what matter and he's doing as much or more than Smith was to get the W.
    I was really enjoying when Alex was being efficient and methodical, to me it was fun watching him tear apart the opponent little piece by little piece at a time. I never really dinged him for not many deep passes, as I always comment about how risky they are. So if Alex won us a SB this year, I could see him staying our starting QB. But I also thought it was a SB or bust year for him.

Did you guys see Harbaugh's press conference? He said Alex wasn't starting due to his injury, I'm not sure I completely believing that though. While it might have been a factor, I'm pretty sure Harbaugh wanted to see what Kaep would do on an away game in a place where we will be playing again in February

vCash
    Is there any quotes from after the game? Specifically Alex or Jim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I was really enjoying when Alex was being efficient and methodical, to me it was fun watching him tear apart the opponent little piece by little piece at a time. I never really dinged him for not many deep passes, as I always comment about how risky they are. So if Alex won us a SB this year, I could see him staying our starting QB. But I also thought it was a SB or bust year for him.

Did you guys see Harbaugh's press conference? He said Alex wasn't starting due to his injury, I'm not sure I completely believing that though. While it might have been a factor, I'm pretty sure Harbaugh wanted to see what Kaep would do on an away game in a place where we will be playing again in February
    I think he's trying to stretch the QB controversy for another week. Make the Rams prepare for both. Doubt it works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    Is there any quotes from after the game? Specifically Alex or Jim.
    Go check out CSN

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/vide...OmbGFIEyqOLoRz

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...85&feedID=5936

Mindy had some interesting points.

vCash
    Whitner very complimentary of Kap to the press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Whitner very complimentary of Kap to the press.
    All the players seem to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Miller
    "We practice that stuff all the time with Colin," Miller said. "He has the unique ability to extend plays and make something happen when you think it's dead. He opens up so much more. The amount of things you can do with him is endless."
    However this comment by Staley made my

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Staley
    Hey, Alex is my best friend, but I'm willing to go to battle with either of them
    Shows how good of a guy Staley is.

vCash
    I love Staley.

That **** has to be rough for some of those guys.

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast