Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

    25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

    47 65.28%
Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 1045
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    744
    vCash
    1500
    Good enough for me start Kaep!!

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,216
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    The point was that anyone can have a good game, Alex has been great this season, no reason to not start him. Last night made me a lot more confident about Kaepernick as our future, and I do think that Kaep has the upside he showed last night, and like mentioned, Alex has made throws like that as well, the Saints game last year he was pinpoint and placing throws right where they had to be. At this point in the season it's not worth switching to Kaepernick unless Alex struggles going forward, but we can't base this off of one game. Hell, even Ponder had a great game against the 49ers this year, and then look how he's been since. If Alex was playing ok this year, fine make the switch, but he's been playing great this year and getting the job done, there's a reason he is the starter. Either way, I won't necessarily have a problem with Kaepernick starting.
    Holy ****, it's this guy!

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,866
    vCash
    1500
    I love how when someone brings up Chad Henne's monster game against the top defense in the league that they brush it off as just 1 game. Well, guess what....we've only seen 1 game from Kaepernick and everyone is already proclaiming him as a star. QBs have up and down games. Matt Ryan just threw for 5 interceptions in one game against the Cardinals. A team in which Alex threw for 232 yards and 3 TDs with no INTs. Smith has the 3rd highest passer rating in the league right behind two guys named Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. He's also ahead of two guys named Drew Brees and Tom Brady. And he's still not good enough for fans.

    ITS ONE GAME! Lets see what transpires from here. Kaepernick may or may not be the future of this team at QB, but they signed Smith for 3 years for a reason. I would also like to think that Harbaugh knows a little more than everyone here and if Kaepernick was ready at the beginning of the season, he would of been the starter on day 1.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,295
    vCash
    1500
    I can't wait till Smith doesn't get cleared for NO and Kap tears it up again so I can hear people say "It's just two games".

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    424
    vCash
    1500
    If we want to be a dynasty like in the 80's we have to give Kaep a chance, all the other tools are there. I have always said, with backlash, that Smith isn't going to be an elite QB and while he has done a good job, I think he has the done the best he can do. Kaep has a higher ceiling. In the one game he played in he looked better than any of Alex Smith's starts. I think you have to give him another chance, because if you don't and we fail with Smith, we will always wonder what could of been. I think if we had an average D and an average rushing game, Smith wouldn't even be our QB right now.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,587
    vCash
    12274
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytx1XDa5K7Q

    A taste of things to come.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    20,617
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I can't wait till Smith doesn't get cleared for NO and Kap tears it up again so I can hear people say "It's just two games".
    While I'm in supporting of Alex starting, if it were Kaep I certainly wouldn't root against him. That being said, if Kaepernick started against the Saints and threw 3 picks, would the Kapernick camp take a step back?



    Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10



  8. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    It sure was. It was marvelous. It was also his 17th game in his 7th year. His first game he threw 4 picks to the Colts. Kaepernick decimated an elite defense in his first start. At least compare them with the same sample size, however small it may be.
    You need to tone it down with the homerism. You can't possibly be comparing Smith's first career start to Kaepernick's first start. That's completely bogus and I know you know better lol. You're trying to build a Kaepernick argument as strong as you can and that's fine, but just don't get carried away by comparing their first career starts.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,587
    vCash
    12274
    I was making a point that at least compare two players with even sample sizes, than comparing Smith's 7 year body of work to one start then call it evidence that Smith is a better choice. And I am not really trying to build a case for him to start immediately, I doubt he will. But I have always been high on him as a player, and how can you not be excited about our future? Also, don't go making excuses for Alex Smith about his first year. The team was horrible, but so were Marinos Dolphins. The only excuse I have made for Smith is the change of offensive coordinators, but that doesn't hide the fact that he isn't anything special.

    Also, Harbaugh himself created this controversy, and sure, it could just be a tactic to force the Saints to prepare for both, but it could equally be debatable that he may actually make the change. Either way, I think he will make the right choice.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,341
    vCash
    1500
    Did CK break Randy Moss fingers by any chance ?

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,587
    vCash
    12274
    Also if you pay attention many analysts have said he should definitely start. Some are just blowing smoke like Skip, but it's not like it's only Niners fans that think he will be something special.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,587
    vCash
    12274
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Did CK break Randy Moss fingers by any chance ?
    Funny you mention that, I just read an article that made that comparison to Favre.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    23,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Did CK break Randy Moss fingers by any chance ?
    No, but moss did have to come out of the game because his fingers hurt after a pass.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    23,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I was making a point that at least compare two players with even sample sizes, than comparing Smith's 7 year body of work to one start then call it evidence that Smith is a better choice. And I am not really trying to build a case for him to start immediately, I doubt he will. But I have always been high on him as a player, and how can you not be excited about our future? Also, don't go making excuses for Alex Smith about his first year. The team was horrible, but so were Marinos Dolphins. The only excuse I have made for Smith is the change of offensive coordinators, but that doesn't hide the fact that he isn't anything special.

    Also, Harbaugh himself created this controversy, and sure, it could just be a tactic to force the Saints to prepare for both, but it could equally be debatable that he may actually make the change. Either way, I think he will make the right choice.
    This is one of the dumbest posts I've read from you which is saying something.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,587
    vCash
    12274
    That's fine. I can resort to calling names when I disagree too. It's mind blowing how instead of rejoicing that we at the very least have a great backup QB, we instead bicker. it seems more bitter around here than after our last loss.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •