Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good enough for me start Kaep!!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    The point was that anyone can have a good game, Alex has been great this season, no reason to not start him. Last night made me a lot more confident about Kaepernick as our future, and I do think that Kaep has the upside he showed last night, and like mentioned, Alex has made throws like that as well, the Saints game last year he was pinpoint and placing throws right where they had to be. At this point in the season it's not worth switching to Kaepernick unless Alex struggles going forward, but we can't base this off of one game. Hell, even Ponder had a great game against the 49ers this year, and then look how he's been since. If Alex was playing ok this year, fine make the switch, but he's been playing great this year and getting the job done, there's a reason he is the starter. Either way, I won't necessarily have a problem with Kaepernick starting.
    Holy ****, it's this guy!

vCash
    I love how when someone brings up Chad Henne's monster game against the top defense in the league that they brush it off as just 1 game. Well, guess what....we've only seen 1 game from Kaepernick and everyone is already proclaiming him as a star. QBs have up and down games. Matt Ryan just threw for 5 interceptions in one game against the Cardinals. A team in which Alex threw for 232 yards and 3 TDs with no INTs. Smith has the 3rd highest passer rating in the league right behind two guys named Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. He's also ahead of two guys named Drew Brees and Tom Brady. And he's still not good enough for fans.

ITS ONE GAME! Lets see what transpires from here. Kaepernick may or may not be the future of this team at QB, but they signed Smith for 3 years for a reason. I would also like to think that Harbaugh knows a little more than everyone here and if Kaepernick was ready at the beginning of the season, he would of been the starter on day 1.

vCash
    I can't wait till Smith doesn't get cleared for NO and Kap tears it up again so I can hear people say "It's just two games".

vCash
    If we want to be a dynasty like in the 80's we have to give Kaep a chance, all the other tools are there. I have always said, with backlash, that Smith isn't going to be an elite QB and while he has done a good job, I think he has the done the best he can do. Kaep has a higher ceiling. In the one game he played in he looked better than any of Alex Smith's starts. I think you have to give him another chance, because if you don't and we fail with Smith, we will always wonder what could of been. I think if we had an average D and an average rushing game, Smith wouldn't even be our QB right now.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytx1XDa5K7Q

A taste of things to come.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I can't wait till Smith doesn't get cleared for NO and Kap tears it up again so I can hear people say "It's just two games".
    While I'm in supporting of Alex starting, if it were Kaep I certainly wouldn't root against him. That being said, if Kaepernick started against the Saints and threw 3 picks, would the Kapernick camp take a step back?

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    It sure was. It was marvelous. It was also his 17th game in his 7th year. His first game he threw 4 picks to the Colts. Kaepernick decimated an elite defense in his first start. At least compare them with the same sample size, however small it may be.
    You need to tone it down with the homerism. You can't possibly be comparing Smith's first career start to Kaepernick's first start. That's completely bogus and I know you know better lol. You're trying to build a Kaepernick argument as strong as you can and that's fine, but just don't get carried away by comparing their first career starts.

vCash
    I was making a point that at least compare two players with even sample sizes, than comparing Smith's 7 year body of work to one start then call it evidence that Smith is a better choice. And I am not really trying to build a case for him to start immediately, I doubt he will. But I have always been high on him as a player, and how can you not be excited about our future? Also, don't go making excuses for Alex Smith about his first year. The team was horrible, but so were Marinos Dolphins. The only excuse I have made for Smith is the change of offensive coordinators, but that doesn't hide the fact that he isn't anything special.

Also, Harbaugh himself created this controversy, and sure, it could just be a tactic to force the Saints to prepare for both, but it could equally be debatable that he may actually make the change. Either way, I think he will make the right choice.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

vCash
    Did CK break Randy Moss fingers by any chance ?

vCash
    Also if you pay attention many analysts have said he should definitely start. Some are just blowing smoke like Skip, but it's not like it's only Niners fans that think he will be something special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Funny you mention that, I just read an article that made that comparison to Favre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    No, but moss did have to come out of the game because his fingers hurt after a pass.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I was making a point that at least compare two players with even sample sizes, than comparing Smith's 7 year body of work to one start then call it evidence that Smith is a better choice. And I am not really trying to build a case for him to start immediately, I doubt he will. But I have always been high on him as a player, and how can you not be excited about our future? Also, don't go making excuses for Alex Smith about his first year. The team was horrible, but so were Marinos Dolphins. The only excuse I have made for Smith is the change of offensive coordinators, but that doesn't hide the fact that he isn't anything special.

Also, Harbaugh himself created this controversy, and sure, it could just be a tactic to force the Saints to prepare for both, but it could equally be debatable that he may actually make the change. Either way, I think he will make the right choice.
    This is one of the dumbest posts I've read from you which is saying something.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    That's fine. I can resort to calling names when I disagree too. It's mind blowing how instead of rejoicing that we at the very least have a great backup QB, we instead bicker. it seems more bitter around here than after our last loss.

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast