Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1045
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Sadly, I believe the read option is the only thing that Kaep is bring to the table right now. Not 100% sure who's fault that is either.
    I still feel he brings the same efficiency that Smith did as well. They need to take the blinders off this kid tho, the flea flicker was nice to see, but need more standard play deep tries.

vCash
    Moss dropped the deep pass.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I still feel he brings the same efficiency that Smith did as well. They need to take the blinders off this kid tho, the flea flicker was nice to see, but need more standard play deep tries.
    Honestly, I don't think he does right now. It just seems our offense is less efficient out there, some of the confusion, the wasted time outs, etc... seem to be back. It's a real learning curve, and I just think Alex was past that curve and Kaep still isn't. It's just a time and experience thing.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Moss didn't drop that pass... he got mugged in the end zone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Honestly, I don't think he does right now. It just seems our offense is less efficient out there, some of the confusion, the wasted time outs, etc... seem to be back. It's a real learning curve, and I just think Alex was past that curve and Kaep still isn't. It's just a time and experience thing.
    Kap had over 78% completion percentage. The team averaged 5.5 yards per rush. Moss basically had a huge TD, but the refs blew it. I don't know what else you want. The time out thing isn't all on Kap. A couple of them were on Delanie not knowing where he was supposed to be.

vCash
    When we compare Alex and Kap, we can't use Alex's games against the Cardinals and Bills and ignore the Giants, Seahawks, and Vikings games, then use Kap's games against the Rams and Dolphins and ignore the Bears and Saints games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I'm not sure that catch was possible, Moss's arm was being held back and he was going for a two handed catch.

As for the game, nice progression from Kaep from last week. But we are not getting ahead of teams early, and relying on our defense to keep getting us the ball back. If we have an average defense today, the Dolphins probably win in TOP.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Kap had over 78% completion percentage. The team averaged 5.5 yards per rush. Moss basically had a huge TD, but the refs blew it. I don't know what else you want. The time out thing isn't all on Kap. A couple of them were on Delanie not knowing where he was supposed to be.
    When we compare Alex and Kap, we can't use Alex's games against the Cardinals and Bills and ignore the Giants, Seahawks, and Vikings games, then use Kap's games against the Rams and Dolphins and ignore the Bears and Saints games.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Not sure Harbaugh is willing to risk taking the blinders off of Kap. Three games until the postseason and drastically changing the offense is very risky, especially with Seattle having 8 wins. Kap brings better tools to the table than Smith, as we all know, and if he can play mistake free football (mostly) like today, then we may have a more explosive offense just due to the fact of the deep threat being there and his speed.

If Kap keeps making progression like today, the safe bet of keeping the offense conservative may be the best option (atleast the less risky), but the true test is next week to see if it can work against an elite team, because we haven't played one since Alex was starting.
    Last edited by Demon11; 12-09-2012 at 10:53 PM.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    You see, the problem i have with your argument is that it was exactly the same thing we were getting out of Smith, but even worse third down conversion. I'm not sure you can throw completion % numbers out there against Smith considering his last 3 games he played in.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    You see, the problem i have with your argument is that it was exactly the same thing we were getting out of Smith, but even worse third down conversion. I'm not sure you can throw completion % numbers out there against Smith considering his last 3 games he played in.
    Have you seen Smith's 3rd down numbers? Besides, Kap's 3rd down numbers have been good overall. You can't just cherry pick games from Kap and Smith that fit your argument.

vCash
    No more of this type of argument. I'm going to call it out every time from here on out. You either compare all of Smith's games vs all of Kap's games, Smith's best vs Kap's best, or Smith's worst vs Kap's worst.

vCash
    Have you seen Smith's 3rd down numbers? Besides, Kap's 3rd down numbers have been good overall. You can't just cherry pick games from Kap and Smith that fit your argument.
    How exactly else would i compare them then other than Smith's last played games?

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    I can say the same thing on just about every game Alex has played the last couple of years.

Trust me, I don't forget about the bad games. And I don't just focus per say on the last 2 games for Kaep. But, I can say that the Saint's game wasn't all that from Kaep either, so honestly he's had 1 real good game against the Bears, 3 So-So games - but with one being in the Superdome, at least that one has a lot more reasons and not as many excuses.

BUT... we're 3-1-1 with Kaep right now (you gotta put his finger prints on that tie game too). So I'm not PO'd about that, but I think it could be better... and honestly I'm VERY worried about the next 2 games.

vCash
    Code:
    Year 	Team 	G 	Att 	Comp 	Pct 	Att/G 	Yds 	Avg 	Yds/G 	TD 	TD% 	Int 	Int% 	Lng 	20+ 	40+ 	Sck 	SckY 	Rate
    2012 	49ers 	10 	129 	87 	67.4 	12.9 	1,073 	8.3 	107.3 	3 	2.3 	1 	0.8 	57 	16 	3 	13 	82 	97.5

Year 	Team 	G 	Att 	Comp 	Pct 	Att/G 	Yds 	Avg 	Yds/G 	TD 	TD% 	Int 	Int% 	Lng 	20+ 	40+ 	Sck 	SckY 	Rate
    2012 	49ers 	9 	217 	152 	70.0 	24.1 	1,731 	8.0 	192.3 	13 	6.0 	5 	2.3 	55 	22 	4 	24 	137 	104.1
    BTW, YTD numbers for both QB's. I've bolded a few that I think are the most important and stand out the most in their numbers.