Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Until we fix the play calling, it will never matter who we have at QB.
    I know the pitch wasnt the best idea, but it feels like people have been complaining about play calling for years. It really hasnt been bad at all the last few years, execution is the issue.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    I know the pitch wasnt the best idea, but it feels like people have been complaining about play calling for years. It really hasnt been bad at all the last few years, execution is the issue.
    The play calling is better now, its just inconsistent week to week, and the trick plays are almost always called at the worst times, and now with Kap under center we still aren't utilizing the deep ball, or exploiting a team giving our WR cushions like in the Rams game. Some days its brilliant, but other days Roman just leaves me scratching my head.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    The playcalling is the most confusing thing there is. Or maybe its the gameplan. Some weeks the game plan is perfect. Other weeks its really lackluster. And bad play calling with bad gameplanning = ****** day for Ninernation
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    I also love how people think this offense is tailored for Alex and some change needs to be made to accommodate Kaepernick like it never occurred to anyone but myself that the offense could have been tailored for Kaepernick (his guy) all along, and Alex was just filling the position until CK was ready.

If we win a Super Bowl with CK I wonder how many #TeamAlex members will remain bitter about the situation and won't let it go and embrace positive change. This is real life, not a fairy tale in which you get the happy ending (or ending for a QB rather) of your dreams. The reality is that Alex may never win a SB under center, and that his best years may easily be eclipsed by Kaepernicks future resume and he may soon be all but forgotten by the majority of the fans and left to an afterthought, like Garcia. Oh yea, that guy. You never know, we will just have to wait and see.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    The play calling is better now, its just inconsistent week to week, and the trick plays are almost always called at the worst times, and now with Kap under center we still aren't utilizing the deep ball, or exploiting a team giving our WR cushions like in the Rams game. Some days its brilliant, but other days Roman just leaves me scratching my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    The playcalling is the most confusing thing there is. Or maybe its the gameplan. Some weeks the game plan is perfect. Other weeks its really lackluster. And bad play calling with bad gameplanning = ****** day for Ninernation
    I've been pretty consistent with my gripe about play calling for years. I don't get how Alex drives us down the field and then we put in CK at a goal to go situation. Or it's OT and we do run run run to set up a 51 yard FG. How many times are we going to bring in a DL and run the ball.... maybe change it up and actually pass it?

Even last year, bottom of the league on 3rd downs. Akers sets a record for the most FGs. Horrible red zone TD efficiency.

The play calling sucks.

vCash
    If its not broke, then there is no need to fix it. And that goes for both the QB situation and the play calling. Its easy to question both after a bad loss, but no one was complaining about it when they were 6-2. And just to speculate a little.

If it was Alex Smith in that situation, would Harbaugh (and/or Roman) call a trick play at their own 17 yard line in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left while being up 8 points on 2nd and 10? I think they hand the ball off to Gore and hope he gains some yards.

vCash
    ^ actually we have been doing well on 3rd down conversions with Kaepernick.

Darn you for posting so fast westcoastsportz, that was for Nutty.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    ^ actually we have been doing well on 3rd down conversions with Kaepernick.

Darn you for posting so fast westcoastsportz, that was for Nutty.
    In his 3 starts,

25%
    46%
    42%

If you average those out, I assume they are pretty close to our season average of 37% which is 20th in the league.

vCash
    In his 3 starts,

25%
    46%
    42%

If you average those out, I assume they are pretty close to our season average of 37% which is 20th in the league.
    While Alexs are.....I will wait since you have the time to look it up and I do not at the moment. But I am positive I read somewhere this weekend that CK had a better conversion rate than Alex thus far.

vCash
    While Alexs are.....I will wait since you have the time to look it up and I do not at the moment. But I am positive I read somewhere this weekend that CK had a better conversion rate than Alex thus far.
    well, the season average is 37% for the team... and those 3 games are about 37% so CK might have slightly better #s, but they aren't much better if that. I don't actually have time to go through all of the games and actually calculate it, I'm supposed to be doing training, but got bored. lol

vCash
    well, the season average is 37% for the team... and those 3 games are about 37% so CK might have slightly better #s, but they aren't much better if that. I don't actually have time to go through all of the games and actually calculate it, I'm supposed to be doing training, but got bored. lol
    If those numbers are correct, it's 37.6%
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    The play calling for the run game is genus but the pass play calling they look like Jimmy Raye calling the plays

vCash
    If we win a Super Bowl with CK I wonder how many #TeamAlex members will remain bitter about the situation and won't let it go and embrace positive change. This is real life, not a fairy tale in which you get the happy ending (or ending for a QB rather) of your dreams. The reality is that Alex may never win a SB under center, and that his best years may easily be eclipsed by Kaepernicks future resume and he may soon be all but forgotten by the majority of the fans and left to an afterthought, like Garcia. Oh yea, that guy. You never know, we will just have to wait and see.
    I am all for the 49ers winning the super bowl, obviously. I think you are way off in your assessment of Alex supporters, those of us who who feel that Alex represents our best chance at winning a Super Bowl this year. And obviously if he isn't the 49ers starter than he probably won't win the super bowl ever, jeeze, the 49ers squad would be every quarterbacks best chance at winning one as currently constructed. I will always remember Alex Smith, regardless of what happens going forward. He was an integral part to one of my all time favorite niner squads and gave me one of the best playoff games I have ever seen. Kap probably will never top the Saints game, sorry, that was the most thrilling game I have ever seen.

It is funny you mentioned Garcia, i feel as though the organization screwed him too.

vCash
    Execution falls on players. Great players execute, bad ones don't. I personally think the team does have some offensive talent now. I didn't think it had any talent (wrong on my part) before the start of last season...

Let's not kid ourselves. This 49er offense has never been top 5... even top 10. It's right around average. There's room for improvement, and frankly that's where the 49ers need to improve if they want to win a superbowl.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Personally it was one of the best games I have ever seen as well and is the prime reason I will never forget Alex. That being said, I think Kaepernick can beat that performance, and might even do so in these playoffs. Also what Harbaugh did with Alex here he does with any QB.

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast