Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I love how the "The Saints have a horrible D so people can't be excited if Kap does well" stuff is starting already. Yet people will drool all over what Smith did against the same defense last year in the playoffs, can't have it both ways. If Kap can do equal or better than Smith, on the road this time, then he's the guy from here on out.
    Different defenses. Coordinators and players.

vCash
    Kaepernick now 2-0. Another chapter of the Kaepernick Era has been written.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Kaps 2 games have been the same stats as Alex. It's the energy and possibilities Kap brings. The players seem to enjoy him more.

vCash
    I believe Kaep should start the rest if the year.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Kaepernick was 16-25 for 231 yards and 2 TD's (one passing, one rushing)

Again, another typical Alex Smith stat game for Kaepernick....against the worst ranked defense with 2 SF defensive touchdowns to really help. Still not enough to convince me that we should roll with the inexperienced 2nd year QB over a proven guy in Smith for THIS SEASON. No knock on Kaepernick, he's in his 2nd year with only 2 career starts so I'm going to defend him if anyone criticizes him. But for this season, I still think Smith should be starting.

I trust Smith over Kaepernick when we have to go on the road deep in the playoffs against the likes of Atlanta....or at home against the packers or someone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    I trust Smith over Kaepernick when we have to go on the road deep in the playoffs against the likes of Atlanta....or at home against the packers or someone
    Alex has earned this trust with the fans that are open to Alex. Kaep has earned Harbaugh's trust, and not all the fans yet. But, he did play a good game, made mistakes and made plays.

In the end, right now, we're IMHO no better off with Kaep than Alex. But we're not worse off either... That leaves me feeling... almost like after the Rams game... it's a Tie right now in my mind.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Long time Niner fan that has been lurking for years. That was a road win against a hot team no one wants to face, and it wasn't really that close. We have a new qb like it or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    Kaps 2 games have been the same stats as Alex. It's the energy and possibilities Kap brings. The players seem to enjoy him more.
    The stats were the same because we scored 2 defensive TDs and were running down the clock in the 4th quarter. If the game had been closer, Kaepernick would've thrown more and beat Alex's stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBum View Post
    Long time Niner fan that has been lurking for years. That was a road win against a hot team no one wants to face, and it wasn't really that close. We have a new qb like it or not.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    By the way, the interception was only half of Kaep's fault. He shouldn't have thrown it, but he would've been able to read the defense had Goodwin not snapped the ball at his ankles. Moss did save him from a potential interception. Other than those 2 plays, he played great. Also keep in mind that Vernon Davis drop that would've been a 30+ yard gain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    By the way, the interception was only half of Kaep's fault. He shouldn't have thrown it, but he would've been able to read the defense had Goodwin not snapped the ball at his ankles. Moss did save him from a potential interception. Other than those 2 plays, he played great. Also keep in mind that Vernon Davis drop that would've been a 30+ yard gain.
    All I can say is ask yourself the question.... would you defend Alex like that?
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Don't forget that huge missed flag on Crabtree that would have been a tremendous gain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    All I can say is ask yourself the question.... would you defend Alex like that?
    Yes, I've been doing it for 8 years

vCash
    It feels good to be towards the top of the heap with an up an coming qb. I'm not an Alex hater at all. I appreciate all he's done. If anything we should be excited that we have the best backup in the league with not much to worry about if the starter goes down.

vCash
    Wow people will not let go of the Smith stuff still. Was Smith good for us? Yes. Is Kap just as good? Yes. But Kap makes plays Smith won't and avoids sacks that Smith wouldn't. The team looks like it plays and tries harder for Kap than Smith. I think its pretty clear that Kap is who you roll out from here on out.

Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast