Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

    25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

    47 65.28%
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1045
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,371
    vCash
    1500
    I love how the "The Saints have a horrible D so people can't be excited if Kap does well" stuff is starting already. Yet people will drool all over what Smith did against the same defense last year in the playoffs, can't have it both ways. If Kap can do equal or better than Smith, on the road this time, then he's the guy from here on out.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Opposing teams now have "some" film on Kap. I want to see how that plays out with Kaps effectiveness. People tend to forget the Flynns, Kolbs, etc. I hope Kap is the exception.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,837
    vCash
    11507
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    Opposing teams now have "some" film on Kap. I want to see how that plays out with Kaps effectiveness. People tend to forget the Flynns, Kolbs, etc. I hope Kap is the exception.
    People keep saying this. Always the glass half empty, never understood the attitude. Why wouldn't he be the exception? He was hand picked by Harbaugh for crying out loud. And groomed by him. Harbaugh himself is an exception. I could understand not believing in Harbaugh from the get go like some did back in 2010, but now? After all this? Some people just kill me, it's never enough to trust, to believe.

    If Harbaugh can turn the Niners tin cans into gold (Smith) then I don't understand the logic behind doubting him about his own draft pick. The man is money. Everything about the Niners since he got here has been unorthodox and worked. And fans still refuse to just not worry and leave it in his hands and look towards the future. I am pretty sure he knows what he has, and what he is doing. He has proved his worth so far.
    Last edited by lol, please; 11-25-2012 at 12:22 PM.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,371
    vCash
    1500
    Hate to quote this guy but Micheal Irvin had an interesting point on NFLN. Coming into last week we were averaging 3 "big plays" (I'm assuming plays over 20?) a game, last week with Kap, we had 6.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,641
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    People keep saying this. Always the glass half empty, never understood the attitude. Why wouldn't he be the exception? He was hand picked by Harbaugh for crying out loud. And groomed by him. Harbaugh himself is an exception. I could understand not believing in Harbaugh from the get go like some did back in 2010, but now? After all this? Some people just kill me, it's never enough to trust, to believe.

    If Harbaugh can turn the Niners tin cans into gold (Smith) then I don't understand the logic behind doubting him about his own draft pick. The man is money. Everything about the Niners since he got here has been unorthodox and worked. And fans still refuse to just not worry and leave it in his hands and look towards the future. I am pretty sure he knows what he has, and what he is doing. He has proved his worth so far.
    You have to admit, your biased for Kaep.

    However, I agree... "In Harbaugh we trust!" I've said it so many times when I was like WTF?? And he's been right much more often than not, so... no matter who's the starting QB today, and the rest of the year even if I "think" it should be the other guy... "In Harbaugh I trust!"
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    :drool; As I had hoped for.
    Only for those who participate in it and let it control their passion for the game. It's the main reason I refuse to play fantasy football anymore, it absolutely ruins the priorities of the sport, and fantasy does not focus on what's actually important in a game and new fans who jump into fantasy approach the game the wrong way and then go talking nonsense and spreading false information.
    This is one thing I truly agree with you on!!!!! hate fantasy, makes your root for people and teams you don't want to.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,837
    vCash
    11507
    I admit I am biased for Kaepernick, but also the team comes first. More so I would say that I am biased for Harbaugh though. He can "do no wrong" when it comes to football to me, until proven otherwise. I would be just as confident with Tolzien, or even Gabbert out there. If you can't succeed under Harbaugh you won't succeed ever.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    People keep saying this. Always the glass half empty, never understood the attitude. Why wouldn't he be the exception? He was hand picked by Harbaugh for crying out loud. And groomed by him. Harbaugh himself is an exception. I could understand not believing in Harbaugh from the get go like some did back in 2010, but now? After all this? Some people just kill me, it's never enough to trust, to believe.

    If Harbaugh can turn the Niners tin cans into gold (Smith) then I don't understand the logic behind doubting him about his own draft pick. The man is money. Everything about the Niners since he got here has been unorthodox and worked. And fans still refuse to just not worry and leave it in his hands and look towards the future. I am pretty sure he knows what he has, and what he is doing. He has proved his worth so far.
    I don't see how you say cautious optimism is glass half full. Just because everybody isn't hanging on Kap's nuts like you, doesn't mean they are doubting Harbaugh or not supporting the team.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,232
    vCash
    1500
    I don't give F who starts, this TEAM better not get smacked around today like they aren't in the same class with the Saints.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    I don't give F who starts, this TEAM better not get smacked around today like they aren't in the same class with the Saints.
    this

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Hate to quote this guy but Micheal Irvin had an interesting point on NFLN. Coming into last week we were averaging 3 "big plays" (I'm assuming plays over 20?) a game, last week with Kap, we had 6.
    That's pretty cool.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I love how the "The Saints have a horrible D so people can't be excited if Kap does well" stuff is starting already. Yet people will drool all over what Smith did against the same defense last year in the playoffs, can't have it both ways. If Kap can do equal or better than Smith, on the road this time, then he's the guy from here on out.
    I'm on the opposite side on this. I think the Bears were an easier defense to read because they sit back and play their cover two. Harbaugh set him up well in where to attack it. The Saints defense is much harder to read with all their wild blitzes. We will really know what we have with Kaepernick after today. Add to that its one of the toughest places to play. Big learning curve in this game. I'm excited, and I will be insanely excited if he duplicates his output of last week.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,837
    vCash
    11507
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I'm on the opposite side on this. I think the Bears were an easier defense to read because they sit back and play their cover two. Harbaugh set him up well in where to attack it. The Saints defense is much harder to read with all their wild blitzes. We will really know what we have with Kaepernick after today. Add to that its one of the toughest places to play. Big learning curve in this game. I'm excited, and I will be insanely excited if he duplicates his output of last week.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,641
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er:24448793
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I love how the "The Saints have a horrible D so people can't be excited if Kap does well" stuff is starting already. Yet people will drool all over what Smith did against the same defense last year in the playoffs, can't have it both ways. If Kap can do equal or better than Smith, on the road this time, then he's the guy from here on out.
    I'm on the opposite side on this. I think the Bears were an easier defense to read because they sit back and play their cover two. Harbaugh set him up well in where to attack it. The Saints defense is much harder to read with all their wild blitzes. We will really know what we have with Kaepernick after today. Add to that its one of the toughest places to play. Big learning curve in this game. I'm excited, and I will be insanely excited if he duplicates his output of last week.
    I completely agree!
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,001
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I'm on the opposite side on this. I think the Bears were an easier defense to read because they sit back and play their cover two. Harbaugh set him up well in where to attack it. The Saints defense is much harder to read with all their wild blitzes. We will really know what we have with Kaepernick after today. Add to that its one of the toughest places to play. Big learning curve in this game. I'm excited, and I will be insanely excited if he duplicates his output of last week.
    Agreed.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •