Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    yeah, I don't know how being a "real" fan vs a "not-so-real" fan has anything to do with Kap and his athleticism.
    Dude... do you not know how the internet works? If you agree with ME than your right, and in this case would make you a "real fan". However, if you don't agree with me then you aren't a real fan.

I mean, come on man... are you new to this whole interwebz?
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Dude... do you not know how the internet works? If you agree with ME than your right, and in this case would make you a "real fan". However, if you don't agree with me then you aren't a real fan.

I mean, come on man... are you new to this whole interwebz?
    lol

apparently I am a slow learner

vCash
    yeah, I don't know how being a "real" fan vs a "not-so-real" fan has anything to do with Kap and his athleticism.
    Nutty's not a real fan or he would know the answer to this question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Nutty's not a real fan or he would know the answer to this question
    lol

yeah, apparently I'm not a real fan! I facepalm myself

vCash
    Mid-season QB changes aren't really a good thing. If they were to make a QB change at the end of the season, I'd have no problem with it, but Alex Smith is this year's starter Kaepernick played a great game and I'm not going to take anything away from it. He made some great passes, but so have Alex. Everyone keeps talking about the pass to Kyle Williams. It was pretty, but lets not forget Alex has thrown some amazing passes when the game was on the line against the Saints in the playoffs. Remember the Catch #3?

Taking the Rams tie out of the equation in the Harbaugh era, Kaepernick is 1-0. Alex Smith is 19-5. Should there even be a question who starts? I guess there is.

vCash
    lol

apparently I am a slow learner
    Apparently... I'm so embarrassed for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I agree with alot of what you are saying here but why is it you feel it necessary to question someones fanhood like this if they have a differing opinion?
    I'm sorry, I was more or less singling out bandwagon fans with a big opinion who don't normally watch the team. I'm fine with someone wanting to start Alex Smith for the right reasons. It's just, I was at a bar last night. After the win, of course all the bandwagon fans come out. And people who knew nothing of Kaep before tonight making such critical judgments.

vCash
    I think I have to say Smith. Starting CK would pretty much ruin Smith's confidence and if CK struggles it would be very hard to regain it for Smith. This could be a big boost to Smith if we start him. He plays very well when his back is against the wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    I think I have to say Smith. Starting CK would pretty much ruin Smith's confidence and if CK struggles it would be very hard to regain it for Smith. This could be a big boost to Smith if we start him. He plays very well when his back is against the wall.
    Like I said, if we start Smith this game, he'll either deliver his best game of his career or one of his worst. He's going to want to prove he is the starter going forward. So if we start him, after the game we'll know either way. He'll light it up, or play poorly. He knows what he has to do, lets see if he can
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I think this is the best argument in favor of keeping Smith at QB, but I think Kaepernick's upside is worth the risk.

vCash
    I understand this argument, but... If Smith's confidence is so fragile then we really need a QB who doesn't have such issues. Like I've already said, I'm for starting Alex - but not for this reason.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think this is the best argument in favor of keeping Smith at QB, but I think Kaepernick's upside is worth the risk.
    This.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Like I said, if we start Smith this game, he'll either deliver his best game of his career or one of his worst. He's going to want to prove he is the starter going forward. So if we start him, after the game we'll know either way. He'll light it up, or play poorly. He knows what he has to do, lets see if he can
    Great point, if Alex is ready to go then he should start. Let his play dictate what happens going forward.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Kaep has WORLDS more talent than Alex Smith. The only thing that might have been of concern was whether he was mentally ready to handle starting. I think that question has been answered...YES!

Kaep made throws tonight Alex Smith can only dream of.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Honestly guys...the popular thing to do...would be to let kapernick start...but out of respect for what alex has accomplished under harbaugh and for all the years of hardship he has overcome...i would still let alex start.....i do this because....it lights a fire under his ***...and puts pressure on him to perform...knowing that the moment he messes up...someone is there to take his job...i wouldn't just throw alex under the bus....yes and thats coming from me.....its good to know we have kaepernick ready to go!!
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast