Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's one game guys, one game. An exciting game, but one nonetheless.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    kaep has worlds more talent than alex smith. The only thing that might have been of concern was whether he was mentally ready to handle starting. I think that question has been answered...yes!

Kaep made throws tonight alex smith can only dream of.
    agree
    Go 9ers!

vCash
    I've been pretty adamant about Kaepernick not being a starting QB anytime soon, but after tonight, I may change my tune. They way he was hyped was that he was a option QB. After all, thats how he was used when he was in the game and its how he was sold during the draft. What I was most impressed with was his 4 rushing attempts for 12 yards. Not good numbers, but it showed that he's willing to stand in the pocket and be a passer instead of just using his legs.

Even with that said, its still one game and if Smith is healthy next week, then I'd like him to start and at least finish the season as the starter.

vCash
    Everything JH said was just to keep the Saint's guessing and force them to divide their time preparing for both QB's. He was never going to say who it will be either way, and prob wont till very late in the week. It's all part of his genius. JH has almost single handedly restored this franchises prestige/heritage after years and years of being the NFL doormat/joke. From someone in their late 30's, who remembers the Walsh/Seifert/-Montana/Young years, i am so thankful to him! In JH i trust!!!
    Last edited by Orange&Black55; 11-20-2012 at 01:26 AM.

vCash
    I'm torn... but I flipped a coin and the coin said Kaepernick.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    The reason why I'm not going to go with this 1 game for kaepernick is because look at how the entire offense and defense played tonight. Smith would have had similar numbers, if not, better tonight. The bears were just outmatched, not because of the QB but because of the team and playing in the spotlight. Remember what we did to the Steelers last year on MNF? Remember against the Saints in the playoffs? Smith would have had a good game tonight too if he played. It would've been a blowout if Smith was in too. The defense man handled their offense and Smith's steady consistent approach combined with our running game would've rang up a good chunk on the Bears as well. I'm not knocking kaepernick. I just don't want to give in to this premature hype. I want to go with the proven veteran who's a prove a starter and consistent.... who also has playoff experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    The press conference made it clear it will be CK, to us fans who know Harbaugh by now. Let's face it guys, his ceiling is that of legend. Trust Harbaugh, he traded up for him, and he will unleash him when ready. The Quest For Six!!!
    well if you know Harbaugh, you should know he's playing mind games with the Saints. This is typical Harbaugh. I'm not saying it's Smith, I'm not saying it's Kaepernick. EVERYONE is left in the dark. There's no way his press conference made it clear one way or the other.

vCash
    Like I said in the other thread, Matt Flynn had a 480 yard 6 TD game last year while starting for Rodgers one game. Then lost his job to a late round rookie in Seattle. I'm not saying that's Kaepernick or anything. I'm just saying one game doesn't mean much. Right now, for this season, Smith is probably the better guy for the team, season, and playoffs. But no doubt, the future is bright no matter who our QB is moving forward. Two very good options in the next couple years.

vCash
    Ck

vCash
    This is tough. I'd say Kaepernick for at least another game.

Alex gives a competitive chance to win at QB but is more a product of the system Harbaugh has put him in. There's no reason to believe Roman and Harbaugh can't do the same for Kaep.

Kaep can do things Alex can't. Plain and simple. Your looking at potentially one of the most athletic QB's in the league. All real 49er fans already knew this. It's a matter of him developing pocket awareness and the ability to read defenses which he displayed against one of the league's best defenses.

Now of course this is only one game. And of course Kaep's likely to struggle at some point. But if he's ready to play, his talent warrants an opportunity at the very least.

Regardless, I trust Harbaugh's decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    This is tough. I'd say Kaepernick for at least another game.

Alex gives a competitive chance to win at QB but is more a product of the system Harbaugh has put him in. There's no reason to believe Roman and Harbaugh can't do the same for Kaep.

Kaep can do things Alex can't. Plain and simple. Your looking at potentially one of the most athletic QB's in the league. All real 49er fans already knew this. It's a matter of him developing pocket awareness and the ability to read defenses which he displayed against one of the league's best defenses.

Now of course this is only one game. And of course Kaep's likely to struggle at some point. But if he's ready to play, his talent warrants an opportunity at the very least.

Regardless, I trust Harbaugh's decision.
    THIS

And this was agains a Bears D ranked one of the best in the league!

vCash
    Kaep made it look so easy I'm not even sure if the bears tried.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Kaep made it look so easy I'm not even sure if the bears tried.
    The last TD he threw to Crabs was awesome.. He looked to his right and the bears D right away thought it was gonna be VD on a quick out, but they all underestimated Crabs.

vCash
    I don't think it would be a good thig to go to CK now honestly.

CK does have that big play feel about him that you just can't ever expect from Alex, but I don't think you an make the move like this, right now.

vCash
    It was just one game. If you switch to Kaepernick and he slows down, the locker room gets torn on whether or not to switch back to Smith. Stay with Alex for now

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast