Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Vernon Davis

vCash

Vernon Davis

Can someone... ANYONE please tell me where OOO where has Vernon gone? I don't understand with how well Crabs has been doing, and in general our run game (both from Kaep and the RB's) why hasn't he been even TARGETED more? He can't be still getting double or triple covered darn near every play?!?!

He's a nightmare match up, and he's disappeared. WTF????
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Defenses are taking him away...which is why Crabtree is getting so many looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Defenses are taking him away...which is why Crabtree is getting so many looks.
    I'm just not buying that any more... Crabs has been too good lately, they have to cover him. Yet he's getting open, and still no Vernon.

And no, I know it's not Kaep so I'm not trying to pin it on him, Vernon disappeared after like week 4, and then had that one game with Kaep with Chicago.

vCash
    It's frustrating to saynthe least

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Literally just posted this in the Giants OT thread

Vernon has literally been non existent in several games this years. I wonder if he takes back the comments he said after the MNF win over the bears that CK "took off the handcuffs" 0, 15, and 4 yards in the 3 games since.

vCash
    Have you ever honestly seen Vernon as a great route runner? He has pretty good hands, is an atheltic freak, a good blocker, but getting open isn't his specialty. He mostly gets open on outrunning linebackers.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Could just be a case of the coaching staff seeing him taking away two defenders, get it to someone else and don't take the risk into double coverage. Vernon could very well be doing what we all thought Moss would be doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I'm just not buying that any more... Crabs has been too good lately, they have to cover him. Yet he's getting open, and still no Vernon.

And no, I know it's not Kaep so I'm not trying to pin it on him, Vernon disappeared after like week 4, and then had that one game with Kaep with Chicago.
    Teams are putting their effort in to taking him away and although Crabtree has been excellent...the offense as a whole isn't dominating people. Other than Chicago, every team they've played since the Buffalo game has been right there til the end or beaten them. (Ari is a disaster so they don't really count)

On plays where it looks like VD has been the primary/play designed for him...they've been 2 man routes. The D takes it away without much of a problem. The solution is extremely easy to see and shouldn't be hard to fix. They won the game...so they won't fix what they don't think is broken. Even though it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    Have you ever honestly seen Vernon as a great route runner? He has pretty good hands, is an atheltic freak, a good blocker, but getting open isn't his specialty. He mostly gets open on outrunning linebackers.
    He's a good route runner, good enough. I mean... it just ... UGH! It's a bit frustrating for me because I know good things happen when he get's the ball. Alex is supposedly too scared to throw into coverage, so we brought in Kaep. Still same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Teams are putting their effort in to taking him away and although Crabtree has been excellent...the offense as a whole isn't dominating people. Other than Chicago, every team they've played since the Buffalo game has been right there til the end or beaten them. (Ari is a disaster so they don't really count)

On plays where it looks like VD has been the primary/play designed for him...they've been 2 man routes. The D takes it away without much of a problem. The solution is extremely easy to see and shouldn't be hard to fix. They won the game...so they won't fix what they don't think is broken. Even though it is.
    They have to fix it... If we stand a chance in the playoffs we need Vernon. Were are his quick slant routes, or those turn and throw plays? He's big, fast and can break tackles - I admit Crabs is better at cuts (I giggle like a school girl watching Crabs make the defenders miss) but Vernon is just beastly out there.

I have to imagine that if I'm this frustrated by it... Vernon is steaming.

vCash
    Can someone... ANYONE please tell me where OOO where has Vernon gone? I don't understand with how well Crabs has been doing, and in general our run game (both from Kaep and the RB's) why hasn't he been even TARGETED more? He can't be still getting double or triple covered darn near every play?!?!

He's a nightmare match up, and he's disappeared. WTF????
    For one he might be getting covered, and he might mot be getting targeted, it's not like it's his fault, he was the main threat for us coming into the season according to other teams media, I am not sure why people are surprised. He gets his from time to time, alot of people have to touch the ball in our offense, and frankly I want Crabtree to be the #1 guy through the air but we need to use VD Moss and the others obviously as well.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    It's not even like we are losing. There is no reason to complain. We aren't going to see the entirety of the playbook week in and week out either. Fans demand to much.

And If VD is steaming because he isn't getting the ball while we have a winning record and he is free of injury and still out there on the field I don't want a selfish player like that on my team regardless of the talent because bad attitudes like that become cancerous. But I doubt that's the case. More the fans selfishless if you ask me.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    It's not even like we are losing. There is no reason to complain. We aren't going to see the entirety of the playbook week in and week out either. Fans demand to much.

And If VD is steaming because he isn't getting the ball while we have a winning record and he is free of injury and still out there on the field I don't want a selfish player like that on my team regardless of the talent because bad attitudes like that become cancerous. But I doubt that's the case. More the fans selfishless if you ask me.
    He's not selfish (any more - thank you Mr. Singletary), he just wants to play and make a difference. Just like all the guys do... He is of course being a team player... unlike some other unnamed running back who used to be on the Giants.

vCash
    They have to fix it... If we stand a chance in the playoffs we need Vernon. Were are his quick slant routes, or those turn and throw plays? He's big, fast and can break tackles - I admit Crabs is better at cuts (I giggle like a school girl watching Crabs make the defenders miss) but Vernon is just beastly out there.

I have to imagine that if I'm this frustrated by it... Vernon is steaming.
    I agree it needs to be fixed...but the bold part I disagree with. That's why I was so excited when Kaep was put in the lineup. There is SO much talent on the offense that, while VD is fantastic and an awesome weapon...so are Manningham, Crabtree, Moss, Gore, Walker (if he catches it), James/Hunter, and Jenkins now (I do believe he can be extremely valuable when on the field WITH guys like Moss, Crab and VD.). The offense is good enough to beat an opponent with multiple players. The problem is...Harbaugh/Roman are basing the offense off of 1 player...Kaepernick. Granted the zone read involves the RB too, but it limits your weapons when you use it the way they are. I don't mind it at all from a traditional shotgun formation. This pistol crap though...it's handcuffing the offense. Just in a different way that with Alex.