Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Not really. The fact that he says they need to make a decision on him by Friday and not that they'll simply tender him a contract and sort it out by April says that they've got their 2 catchers to me. I can see how some would interpret it differently, I don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Quote from AA

Interesting...
    Maybe more Buck? JP been told he will be here opening day, Wilson is the defensive guru and TDA is the hot shot prospect.

vCash
    With TDA's injury, I'm fairly certain he either starts in the minors to see if he can resume where he left off or gets traded in the off-season.

My guess would be seeing him start in AAA and if he is mashing mid-season, we could see JPA traded at that time. Then again...with AA there is no guessing to what he will do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    With TDA's injury, I'm fairly certain he either starts in the minors to see if he can resume where he left off or gets traded in the off-season.

My guess would be seeing him start in AAA and if he is mashing mid-season, we could see JPA traded at that time. Then again...with AA there is no guessing to what he will do.
    Give TDA a little more time in the minors...control his rights another year on the other end.

vCash
    Does anyone know if TDA and Gose are playing winter ball and where??????

vCash
    I highly doubt that AA has told ANYONE on the Jays that they will for sure be here come Spring Training. That's not really how he seems to operate. Especially to say that to JP Arencibia. If AA HAD said that to JP and the perfect deal came along, AA would have to go back on his word. Why set yourself up for something like that. JP knows the game is a business, he has no no-trade clause and is definitely being pushed by D'Arnaud, he must know that anything can happen.

I'm beginning to think that Buck gets dealt, JP begins as the starter, and D'Arnaud goes to AAA to prove he's healthy. Once he is, he comes up to the show and literally forces JP out the door. If D'arnaud is the real deal, we might as well set the market by dealing Buck, look for a better deal for JP later on, and give D'Arnaud all the time he needs to prove he is 100% healthy and capable.

I realistically can see JP here until next offseason. He's still on his rookie contract. Give him most of 2013 to have a great season, build his value further, and when he hits arbitration after next season sell him off to the highest bidder. He has some projectability still and why not try to maximize his value.

vCash
    With Russell Martin getting 8.5M per for 2 years the catcher market is starting to heat up.

Only Pierzynski, and Napoli are the only starters left and they are about to command top dollar and Napoli may not cut it as a catcher. Barajas and Olivo might be ok platoon guys but there are still some teams looking for a starter.

Jays may find them selves with a good offer for one of their guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    With Russell Martin getting 8.5M per for 2 years the catcher market is starting to heat up.

Only Pierzynski, and Napoli are the only starters left and they are about to command top dollar and Napoli may not cut it as a catcher. Barajas and Olivo might be ok platoon guys but there are still some teams looking for a starter.

Yep. Since the rules have changed because of GM's like him.....I think AA has gone from hoarding guys that turn into type B picks into hoarding pitching and whatever is the catch of the day.

vCash

You mean JPA and TDA right? because I'm not sure why people suggest moving Buck and actually getting anything in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You mean JPA and TDA right? because I'm not sure why people suggest moving Buck and actually getting anything in return.
    I am but right now i am more embarrassed with my grammar and spelling.

vCash
    I am but right now i am more embarrassed with my grammar and spelling.
    I really think Buck has the more value to the Jays than any other team because of his familiarity with the pitchers. Josh Johnson liked working with him, and Buehrle, Romero and Morrow have all played with him for a year in the past. I don't think the Jays want to move him. Then again same with JPA because of his clubhouse presence.

I think the chances are that we stay with the current group. TDA starts in the minors and chances are that one of the catchers will get injured and he'll get called up. I think the Jays value having this kind of catching depth a lot. If a catcher gets moved, it's probably at the trade deadline.

Our best trade chip right now looks to be Colby Rasmus.

vCash
    Yankees will probably take AJ from White Sox as they dont have a catcher. So now Texsas needs a catcher, Mets need a catcher as well, so does Pittsburgh.

Wonder if Dodgers would trade for Buck for Harang or Capuano. Buck is a backup for AJ Ellis. Dodgers want to add two more pitchers Grienke or Lohse or Sanchez. That would provide close to 9 SP.

Finally, Texas must be hungry after dumping SOTO, to have a Catcher. Adding Kinsler + Ogando for d'Arnaud + Davis+ prospects

Imagine your Starting lineup, even losing d'arnaud. Though you are stuck with JPA and BUck, look what you have
    Reyes
    Melky
    Joey Bats
    EE
    Kinsler
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    Buck(JPA)
    Lind
    Pretty Heavy duty

vCash
    So with Wilson out the reality of a JPA/Buck tandem is setting in. That's actually a pretty terrible duo, hopefully TDA forces someone out sooner rather than later.

vCash
    Would the Bluejays except this trade,
    Rangers send 2B Ian Kinsler,Justin Grimm,and lower level prospect
    Bluejays send Travis D'arnaud and Ricky Romero

vCash
    Nope, not even close.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast