Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If the Jays get Ogando, Im not sure what you do with him -- he's very good out of the pen, but he has no stamina to be a starter -- he's almost 30 years and started only one year and wasnt able to hold up. Had a fantastic start to 2011, but he blew up and fell apart. At his age, its almost virtually impossible to convert him to starter.

And with that in mind -- again knowing he's very good out of the pen -- I'll pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    If the Jays get Ogando, Im not sure what you do with him -- he's very good out of the pen, but he has no stamina to be a starter -- he's almost 30 years and started only one year and wasnt able to hold up. Had a fantastic start to 2011, but he blew up and fell apart. At his age, its almost virtually impossible to convert him to starter.

And with that in mind -- again knowing he's very good out of the pen -- I'll pass.
    Well if that's the case, if the Jays got him, he'd lock the 7th inning.

It'd go Ogando, Santos, Jannsen for the 7,8,9 innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    I don't see why Texas would trade anything of value for JPA or Buck, when they could resign Napoli or use Soto.

I don't think the amount Texas would save by not signing Napoli is worth losing Holland or Ogando.

I could see Texas getting Buck for a mid level spec.
    Soto is going to get too much in arb and will probably be non-tendered. As for Napoli, I'm guessing that they dont want to overpay for a guy who they dont think can start everyday at catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Well if that's the case, if the Jays got him, he'd lock the 7th inning.

It'd go Ogando, Santos, Jannsen for the 7,8,9 innings.
    That's a nice trio to lock down the 7 8 9 .

vCash
    JPA

Wish i could say what i knoRT @adamwhite88: “@mlbtraderumors: Rangers Interested In Arencibia, Buck http://bit.ly/10277YA #mlb” @jparencibia9
    Has he been traded? Or does he know that Gibbons will be hired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    JPA must have some value if teams are going after him. I think our fan base undervalues the guy.
    He is very undervalued in Toronto, but mostly because of his OBP. There are many teams that would really like to have a 27 year old catcher who has actually turned out to be an above average defender (after being awful initially as a rookie) with way above average power, especially for the position. Add to it the years of club control and he's an asset with value.

vCash
    im startin to think more and more that JP is gonna be our catcher, and that we may see TDA dealt ...

vCash
    JPA is over-rated in my books. The guy is average on D and provides absolutely nothing on offense besides the occasional home run. I still can't believe that people think his home runs somehow compensates for his atrocious OBP and hitting in general. A 1.4 WAR last season, a career high. He's a replacement level catcher.

vCash
    I would look at the possibility of Niese for JPA and Davis/Rasmus.

vCash
    If we do trade JPA i can see him and a prospect going to Texas. We wont let Rasmus or Rajai go (from other post)

JPA and Prospect for Holland would be ok

vCash
    JPA isn't going anywhere this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    JPA is over-rated in my books. The guy is average on D and provides absolutely nothing on offense besides the occasional home run. I still can't believe that people think his home runs somehow compensates for his atrocious OBP and hitting in general. A 1.4 WAR last season, a career high. He's a replacement level catcher.
    Two points your overlooking are his youth and depth around the league (IE there is none). Catcher is a very hard position to fill at this level. A young, controllable catcher that can do the job and theoretically improve is a lot better than most teams have. Look around the league, there is not a lot of catching depth anywhere. This makes JP a better asset.

I'm not saying he's worth a tonne on the trade market, but he has value, I have no idea how you can say he's "over-rated" all any one does is say he sucks...

Personally I don't think we make a deal with catching until later in the season. TDA needs to spend the first part of the season in AAA, and when he's ready, then you make room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    That's a nice trio to lock down the 7 8 9 .
    Delabar in the 7th inning would be pretty awesome too.

vCash
    oliver might still come back no?maybe all these additions will make him want to come back for 1 season.

vCash
    I would be really surprised if JPA gets moved. He's young, has power and despite what many people think, is a descent defensive catcher. He was weak at blocking and throwing out runners in his rookie season, but he improved significantly in 2012 and there's no reason to think he won't continue to get better. If anyone gets moved it's Buck. Maybe him, Lind and a prospect P for an upgrade at 1B/DH. Really though, we've got depth at a position that can cost you when you don't, so why mess with it?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast