Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eric Wright Suspended 4 Games For Adderall

Did anybody just catch this????

Jay Glazer on Fox's pregame show just said Eric Wright is facing a possible 4 game suspension for Adderall.

I can't even believe this right now

Edit:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ll-suspension/
    With Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib serving a four-game suspension for taking Adderall, the other starting corner in Tampa could be sitting down for a quarter of the season, too.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Eric Wright is facing a ban for Adderall, an ADD medication that more and more players are using as a stimulant. It’s a banned substance, and players may permissibly take it only with both a prescription and a waiver from the league’s policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances.

The status of Wright’s appeal, if any, isn’t known. The suspension will become official once the internal process has been finalized.
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 10-28-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Wtf?!!

vCash
    Seriously, are these guys fu(king ********?

Per Roto:

FOX's Jay Glazer reports Bucs CB Eric Wright is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

Like currently suspended teammate Aqib Talib, Wright's positive test was reportedly triggered by attention-deficit drug Adderall. Whatever caused it, it's crushing news for a Bucs' pass defense that's already amongst the worst in the league. It's unclear if Wright is appealing, but if not, he'd presumably be out for Week 9. With Talib not due back until Week 10, that would leave Tampa without its two best corners against the Raiders. Perhaps Carson Palmer has one week of QB1 value left in his arm, after all.
    Moron.

vCash
    Thinking its a possibility that this is why Talib didnt appeal. He goes early, Wright appeals goes late. so were not without both. IDK this whole thing has me mind ****ed, Glazer said hes not sure if Wright had a prescription.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    If Wright can stay on the team through the Oakland game, we will get Talib back by SD. Biggers has played well, so this may not be a huge deal!

If Wright is suspended before Oakland, Quick may get his wish, and we may see L. Johnson playing #2!

BTW, we always hear about A. Talib being a leader on this team. it sounds like he lead his teamate right into a pill-popping suspention. Of course that is just speculation.

Even though we are about to get Talib back, and this should not be a huge deal, I wonder if this will put us in position to make a trade before deadline. Thoughts!

vCash
    I've already lost all patience with Aqib and I'm quickly losing patience with Wright too. He nearly got popped before the season started for DUI, now this?! I'm sorry, but this is a huge deal. Yeah it's great that one of them will be playing while the other is on suspension, but that doesn't do much to lessen the blow for me. And the real problem is that they're both quality players; one of whom has a big contract with a lot of guaranteed money; and each game they miss puts us at a disadvantage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Even though we are about to get Talib back, and this should not be a huge deal, I wonder if this will put us in position to make a trade before deadline. Thoughts!
    That was my first thought, too. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens; Dominik has made more trades than just about anyone since he was hired as GM.

I just can't think of who would be available at this point. Any ideas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    I've already lost all patience with Aqib and I'm quickly losing patience with Wright too. He nearly got popped before the season started for DUI, now this?! I'm sorry, but this is a huge deal. Yeah it's great that one of them will be playing while the other is on suspension, but that doesn't do much to lessen the blow for me. And the real problem is that they're both quality players; one of whom has a big contract with a lot of guaranteed money; and each game they miss puts us at a disadvantage.
    I'm not argueing against that. Let me ask this, is anybody other than myself, a Biggers fan? Because I believe that this E. Wright signing is really going to cause us a problem in the future! let me explain my view-

Current situation- Because of Wrights contract, we will not be able to cut or trade him. He is an average #2 corner. After this season, we are almost forced to keep Talib unless we want our secondary to get even worse. I don't think there are any free agents CB's that are upgrades to Talib, and it is difficult to draft a guy in the first round and expect him to come in and be an immediate upgrade at the #1 spot over Talib. Even if we drafted a guy in the first round to play #2 behined Talib, can we really afford to pay Wright this knid of money to play #3?

What we should have done- Skipped the signing of E. Wright. Biggers was cappable of playing #2 this year, and next year we could have drafted our new #2 corner, with the intention of him eveneually playing #1. We could have saved the E. Wright money, and added it to the cap for next year. We may have to spend a decent amount of money re-signing Miller, Freeman, and Bennett this offseason, and I'm not sure what kinda money that will leave us to be active in free agancy in 2013. Do you guys agree, or see it differently?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    That was my first thought, too. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens; Dominik has made more trades than just about anyone since he was hired as GM.

I just can't think of who would be available at this point. Any ideas?
    Off the top of my head, I would say M. Jenkins, or any Philly CB. I also think pacman is on market. Not sure how big of a fan I would be of that move.

vCash
    No way to void this bum contract
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I'm not argueing against that. Let me ask this, is anybody other than myself, a Biggers fan? Because I believe that this E. Wright signing is really going to cause us a problem in the future! let me explain my view-

Current situation- Because of Wrights contract, we will not be able to cut or trade him. He is an average #2 corner. After this season, we are almost forced to keep Talib unless we want our secondary to get even worse. I don't think there are any free agents CB's that are upgrades to Talib, and it is difficult to draft a guy in the first round and expect him to come in and be an immediate upgrade at the #1 spot over Talib. Even if we drafted a guy in the first round to play #2 behined Talib, can we really afford to pay Wright this knid of money to play #3?

What we should have done- Skipped the signing of E. Wright. Biggers was cappable of playing #2 this year, and next year we could have drafted our new #2 corner, with the intention of him eveneually playing #1. We could have saved the E. Wright money, and added it to the cap for next year. We may have to spend a decent amount of money re-signing Miller, Freeman, and Bennett this offseason, and I'm not sure what kinda money that will leave us to be active in free agancy in 2013. Do you guys agree, or see it differently?
    Resign miller and Bennett? Are u high? Bennett is no scrub but there will be better options available at his position. Miller is a BONAFIDE scrub. Wright is decent at best, but he was the best CB available at the time. We have no one we NEED to resign next yr. we got $$ to spend. And Freeman isn't goin anywhere so we don't have to resign him next yr.
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 10-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Resign miller and Bennett? Are u high? Bennett is no scrub but there will be better options available at his position. Miller is a BONAFIDE scrub
    I will not argue with you, because I know that this has been your opinion all along, but I could not disagree more. You just aren't willing to say somebody is good unless they are a 1st round pick.

vCash

I disagree, the defense has played better. If you drafted Barron and David with adding no free agents we would be shooting for a top 5 pick. It needed to be done.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    LGB for a new CB? we dont even utilize his talent anyway

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucc4life View Post
    LGB for a new CB? we dont even utilize his talent anyway
    In theary that sounds great, but trades like that are tough to pull off. What team out there has a good CB that is expendable, and alos have the nees for as RB? And if they do, is it an even trade?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast