Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    You probably think Alex Smith is better than Romo, Eli, Dalton, Cutler, etc don't you? Because he has better stats

Sorry you can't see the difference between attacking a defense focused on stopping the best running game in the league vs. having one of the worst running games in the league playing behind you. Prior to Hardballs coming in, we saw what Alex Smith is when his run game isn't dominant and he actually has to make difficult passes when opposing defenses aren't completely selling out to stop the run.

The Bears game just showed everyone what they already knew. Smith is a great QB to put in there if you want to only play mistake free football and nothing else but if you want to actually make plays in the passing game, Kaepernick is the better option.
    Nope, but he's sure as hell better than Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman that you compared him with. And I'd say its arguable he's better than Dalton.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    You probably think Alex Smith is better than Romo, Eli, Dalton, Cutler, etc don't you? Because he has better stats

Sorry you can't see the difference between attacking a defense focused on stopping the best running game in the league vs. having one of the worst running games in the league playing behind you. Prior to Hardballs coming in, we saw what Alex Smith is when his run game isn't dominant and he actually has to make difficult passes when opposing defenses aren't completely selling out to stop the run.

The Bears game just showed everyone what they already knew. Smith is a great QB to put in there if you want to only play mistake free football and nothing else but if you want to actually make plays in the passing game, Kaepernick is the better option.
    Im not a huge Smith fan or anything but what the hell has cutler done to be considered better than Smith. Hes not a leader like Smith is, he constantly turns the ball over, and his team wins more games.
    Jay Cutler million dollar arm, ten cent brain.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    -And Rex Grossman was 19-7 in his first 26 starts with the Bears. Who cares?
    -Trent Dilfer went 18-4 when being fortunate enough to play with some great defenses in the middle of his career. Who cares?
    -QB record is one of the most meaningless stats out there, it completely ignores the entire other side of the game (defense!). Kaepernick makes the Niners offense and passing game better, scarier, more explosive, and more difficult to play against than Smith does. Period.

I'm sure that 20-6 record has nothing to do with having a defense that has given up 14.2 ppg and 13.4 ppg the last two seasons. Most starting QB's in the NFL would have a similar record with a defense like that. Get real man. Smith is the ONLY weak link on the Niners.

Smith is the type of QB who has to play within the X's and O's....meaning if there is a good play call and an open receiver Smith will hit him. With Smith the offense goes as far as the playcalling and script takes it. Kaepernick can play ABOVE the x's and o's...meaning when things break down or the play call isn't quite the best or his receivers aren't wide open or the pass rush is in his face he can still make a play.
    Take the NFC semi finals last year, Drew Brees had better stats in that game but Smith made the plays when it mattered and won them the game, can say it was all running game and defense in Alexs biggest win in the NFL.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Easily Smith. It was one game.

vCash
    Here's why I'm leery as a Niner fan of suddenly jumping on the Kaepernick train.

I remember Tim Rattay
    I remember Troy Smith

It seems every time a QB plays 1 good game everyone jumps on him as the savior, and then in 8 games we are right back where we started.

I also love how I was basically castrated for trying to dump Smith all those times yet now we have 1 freakin' game by a backup and suddenly it's OK to throw him to the wayside.

He's a 2nd year player. When the playoffs start and he starts seeing Elite Defenses with tailored gameplans, does anyone think he's going to be able to have the poise, experience, and knowledge to beat those situations?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    If Smith is healthy he'll start. If he ****s up they will go with Kap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Here's why I'm leery as a Niner fan of suddenly jumping on the Kaepernick train.

I remember Tim Rattay
    I remember Troy Smith

It seems every time a QB plays 1 good game everyone jumps on him as the savior, and then in 8 games we are right back where we started.

I also love how I was basically castrated for trying to dump Smith all those times yet now we have 1 freakin' game by a backup and suddenly it's OK to throw him to the wayside.

He's a 2nd year player. When the playoffs start and he starts seeing Elite Defenses with tailored gameplans, does anyone think he's going to be able to have the poise, experience, and knowledge to beat those situations?
    me me me

I thought Bears were as elite as they come. Or so I was told.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    roll with Smith he knows that he has a big bullseye, i believe the niners can win with him as the starter. Superbowl or bust for Smith even if that is not really fair.
    Knicks and 49ers!

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    He's far more entertaining.
    Agreed. And more interesting, considering he has more potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Alex Smith is a good quarterback. He is having his best season yet. However, Kaepernick has the upside to be an elite QB (not saying he is elite, but that his upside is elite potential). Alex Smith's upside is pretty much where he is now. Alex is the safe play. Kaepernick is the risky move, but when you go all in with a pair of pocket rockets you make the right play.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345