Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I say stick with Alex Smith. He had played very well and we have a winning formula with him. Kaep played good for 1 game, but who's to say he's going to duplicate that brilliance again? He is still a 2nd year player and he will get tested, he will have coverages he gets fooled on, he will have Defensive Coordinators who will better prepare for his mobility.

With Alex Smith we went to the NFC Championship game, why take him out now?
    With Mark Sanchez the Jets went to the AFC Championship game TWICE. Who cares?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    With Mark Sanchez the Jets went to the AFC Championship game TWICE. Who cares?
    How about this, under the Harbaugh Era, Smith is 20-6 (including playoffs). How about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    So just imagine what Harbaugh can do with an even better QB.

Kaepernick.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    How about this, under the Harbaugh Era, Smith is 20-6 (including playoffs). How about that?
    So?

You're ignoring the fact that they also have a great run game and defense.

vCash
    -And Rex Grossman was 19-7 in his first 26 starts with the Bears. Who cares?
    -Trent Dilfer went 18-4 when being fortunate enough to play with some great defenses in the middle of his career. Who cares?
    -QB record is one of the most meaningless stats out there, it completely ignores the entire other side of the game (defense!). Kaepernick makes the Niners offense and passing game better, scarier, more explosive, and more difficult to play against than Smith does. Period.

I'm sure that 20-6 record has nothing to do with having a defense that has given up 14.2 ppg and 13.4 ppg the last two seasons. Most starting QB's in the NFL would have a similar record with a defense like that. Get real man. Smith is the ONLY weak link on the Niners.

Smith is the type of QB who has to play within the X's and O's....meaning if there is a good play call and an open receiver Smith will hit him. With Smith the offense goes as far as the playcalling and script takes it. Kaepernick can play ABOVE the x's and o's...meaning when things break down or the play call isn't quite the best or his receivers aren't wide open or the pass rush is in his face he can still make a play.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 11-20-2012 at 02:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    So?

You're ignoring the fact that they also have a great run game and defense.
    Alex's numbers with that record are much MUCH more than others. He takes care of the ball, audibles at the line. He moves the offensive linemans assignments for the run game. Alex takes care of all that.

And Rex Grossman was 19-7 in his first 26 starts with the Bears. Who cares?
    Trent Dilfer went 18-4 when being fortunate enough to play with some great defenses in the middle of his career. Who cares?

I'm sure that 20-6 record has nothing to do with having a defense that has given up 14.2 ppg and 13.4 ppg the last two seasons. Most QB's in the NFL would have a similar record with a defense like that. Get real man. Smith is the ONLY weak link on the Niners.
    Grossman that year had 20 ints and numerous fumbles. The Bears won in spite of his horrid play. He had a horendous 6.6 yards per attempt completing a terrible 54.5% of his passes. That's not where near comparable to what Smith has done these past two years with numbers like

461-731 5370 63% 7.34 YPA 35 10 with 20 wins and 6 losses

That's much, MUCH better than the numbers of Grossman and Dilfer. Alex has HELPED the 49ers win games, and thats a matter of fact
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    -And Rex Grossman was 19-7 in his first 26 starts with the Bears. Who cares?
    -Trent Dilfer went 18-4 when being fortunate enough to play with some great defenses in the middle of his career. Who cares?
    -QB record is one of the most meaningless stats out there, it completely ignores the entire other side of the game (defense!). Kaepernick makes the Niners offense and passing game better, scarier, more explosive, and more difficult to play against than Smith does. Period.

I'm sure that 20-6 record has nothing to do with having a defense that has given up 14.2 ppg and 13.4 ppg the last two seasons. Most starting QB's in the NFL would have a similar record with a defense like that. Get real man. Smith is the ONLY weak link on the Niners.

Smith is the type of QB who has to play within the X's and O's....meaning if there is a good play call and an open receiver Smith will hit him. With Smith the offense goes as far as the playcalling and script takes it. Kaepernick can play ABOVE the x's and o's...meaning when things break down or the play call isn't quite the best or his receivers aren't wide open or the pass rush is in his face he can still make a play.
    As for your edit....ONE GAME. Alex was a day time scratch meaning the Bears were game planning for Alex more than Kaep, and they had NO IDEA what to expect from Kaep either. It's one game. Alex 20-6 under Harbaugh Kaep is 1-0 under Harbaugh.

vCash
    Alex's numbers with that record are much MUCH more than others. He takes care of the ball, audibles at the line. He moves the offensive linemans assignments for the run game. Alex takes care of all that.

Grossman that year had 20 ints and numerous fumbles. The Bears won in spite of his horrid play. He had a horendous 6.6 yards per attempt completing a terrible 54.5% of his passes. That's not where near comparable to what Smith has done these past two years with numbers like

461-731 5370 63% 7.34 YPA 35 10 with 20 wins and 6 losses

That's much, MUCH better than the numbers of Grossman and Dilfer. Alex has HELPED the 49ers win games, and thats a matter of fact
    Grossman didn't have the best run game in the NFL to lean on. He HAD to do much more than Smith does and that led to more turnovers and worse statistics. The Bears run game that season (2006 when they went to the SB) was only 15th best in the NFL in yards and was bottom 10 in the NFL in YPC. Smith currently has the BEST RUN GAME IN THE NFL to lean on and is not asked to do much. Throwing 5 yard passes all the time against defenses stacking the box to stop the run, his stats SHOULD look good. Put Smith in a similar situation as Grossman and he would also struggle...maybe not as many interceptions, but he and the offense would also definitely struggle.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 11-20-2012 at 03:13 PM.

vCash
    Grossman didn't have the best run game in the NFL to lean on. He HAD to do much more than Smith does and that led to more turnovers and worse statistics. The Bears run game that season (2006 when they went to the SB) was only 15th best in the NFL in yards and was bottom 10 in the NFL in YPC. Smith currently has the BEST RUN GAME IN THE NFL to lean on and is not asked to do much. Throwing 5 yard passes all the time against defenses stacking the box to stop the run, his stats SHOULD look good. Put Smith in a similar situation as Grossman and he would also struggle...maybe not as many interceptions, but he and the offense would also definitely struggle.
    lol ok, you think what you want. You're wrong...but think what you want.

vCash
    lol ok, you think what you want. You're wrong...but think what you want.
    You probably think Alex Smith is better than Romo, Eli, Dalton, Cutler, etc don't you? Because he has better stats

Sorry you can't see the difference between attacking a defense focused on stopping the best running game in the league vs. having one of the worst running games in the league playing behind you. Prior to Hardballs coming in, we saw what Alex Smith is when his run game isn't dominant and he actually has to make difficult passes when opposing defenses aren't completely selling out to stop the run.

The Bears game just showed everyone what they already knew. Smith is a great QB to put in there if you want to only play mistake free football and nothing else but if you want to actually make plays in the passing game, Kaepernick is the better option.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 11-20-2012 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    With Kaep, the Niners are always 1 dart away from Field Goal range... lol
    Last edited by Gibby23; 11-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    It's funny how more non fans would prefer Kaepernick over some Niner fans.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    It's funny how more non fans would prefer Kaepernick over some Niner fans.
    He's far more entertaining.

vCash
    Alex Smith is a good quarterback. He is having his best season yet. However, Kaepernick has the upside to be an elite QB (not saying he is elite, but that his upside is elite potential). Alex Smith's upside is pretty much where he is now. Alex is the safe play. Kaepernick is the risky move, but when you go all in with a pair of pocket rockets you make the right play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CountSackula View Post
    Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle.
    thread winner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast