Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,716
    vCash
    1500
    Google it.
    It's the same character that Bill Parcell got his nickname the "Tuna".


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,716
    vCash
    1500
    DPLennon Wilpon says his preference in order re: Dickey/Wright: sign to extension, have them play out the season, trade them.

    That doesn't mean the rest of the FO feels that way.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,716
    vCash
    1500
    AdamRubinESPN Not sure if it's posturing to maximize trade value, but Jeff Wilpon ranked options as 1. Re-sign Dickey/Wright, 2. Play out option, 3. Trade


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Google it.
    It's the same character that Bill Parcell got his nickname the "Tuna".

    I don't think i'll bother actually.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    DPLennon Wilpon says his preference in order re: Dickey/Wright: sign to extension, have them play out the season, trade them.

    That doesn't mean the rest of the FO feels that way.

    When it comes down to it, what they think won't matter.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    How?
    By deferring 7.5 million in '14 and '15.

    They are trying to resign the reigning Cy Young award winner and their franchise 3b. If deferring 15 million allows them to resign both of them then why not.
    Well, that's not building for the future then, is it? That's focusing on the present: Freeing up money today but agreeing to pay more tomorrow.

    But the proof of the pudding will be when either Wright or Dickey or both are let go and then the Mets are still stuck paying more money later on.

    Do not be deceived.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Well, that's not building for the future then, is it? That's focusing on the present: Freeing up money today but agreeing to pay more tomorrow.

    But the proof of the pudding will be when either Wright or Dickey or both are let go and then they're still stuck paying more money later on.

    Do not be deceived.
    Sure it is, if they sign Wright for 6 years isn't that investing for the future, and signing Dickey to a multi-year contract an investment in the future?

    Those two signings add stability to this franchise and roster, not just this year (because they are already here) but future seasons.

    I'm sorry that you can't see that.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    It does add stability without question but honestly if they can't re-sign Wright and Dickey this offseason they can't take the risk of letting them walk in FA (because both will make more money and leave in FA if they repeat similar success next year)

    Priority should be to re-sign them this winter, if that doesn't work the next option should be trade without question and not play out next season with both.

    They'll get more for both dealing them now then waiting till the trading deadline if they can't be re-signed.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-20-2012 at 06:37 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Sure it is, if they sign Wright for 6 years isn't that investing for the future, and signing Dickey to a multi-year contract an investment in the future?

    Those two signings add stability to this franchise and roster, not just this year (because they are already here) but future seasons.

    I'm sorry that you can't see that.
    I guess I'll see it better when both Wright and Dickey are signed to multi year extensions. Neither has happened yet.

    What has happened is that we're now going to be paying Jason Bay more in a few years than we had originally been scheduled for. Doesnt bode well for the future. To your point, that changes when Wright and Dickey are extended.

    But as the Zen Master said, we'll see.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I guess I'll see it better when both Wright and Dickey are signed to multi year extensions. Neither has happened yet.

    What has happened is that we're now going to be paying Jason Bay more in a few years than we had originally been scheduled for. Doesnt bode well for the future. To your point, that changes when Wright and Dickey are extended.

    But as the Zen Master said, we'll see.
    But just like the thread where sources knowing the teams negotiation tactics. We are getting mad about things that haven't happened yet.

    We opened up 10 million dollars this year for deferring Jason Bay money. Will that money be used this year? We don't know yet.

    Also next year we are only spending 4.5 million and not 7.5 million. Reason being is he has a 3 million dollar buy out next year. So we would have to pay 3 million regardless.

    I also don't know why anyone is worried about the payroll after this year. We are on the hook for 13 million dollars until Dickey and Wright are resigned.

    7.5 million is not going to matter.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    But just like the thread where sources knowing the teams negotiation tactics. We are getting mad about things that haven't happened yet.

    We opened up 10 million dollars this year for deferring Jason Bay money. Will that money be used this year? We don't know yet.

    Also next year we are only spending 4.5 million and not 7.5 million. Reason being is he has a 3 million dollar buy out next year. So we would have to pay 3 million regardless.

    I also don't know why anyone is worried about the payroll after this year. We are on the hook for 13 million dollars until Dickey and Wright are resigned.

    7.5 million is not going to matter.

    LOL!!! Why no-one should be worried about payroll? are you a signed up member of this fantasy where everything after this season is rosy and the Mets going to go on a spending spree?


    Really? they contracted a minor league team last year, they failed to sign Stanky for 68K, yet 7.5M is immaterial to a team that has slashed payroll by $40-$50M?

    Why do you have all this faith in the Coupons? why do you support them?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Sure it is, if they sign Wright for 6 years isn't that investing for the future, and signing Dickey to a multi-year contract an investment in the future?

    Those two signings add stability to this franchise and roster, not just this year (because they are already here) but future seasons.

    I'm sorry that you can't see that.

    So will you still believe this team is rebuilding if one or both is allowed to walk into FA?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    But just like the thread where sources knowing the teams negotiation tactics. We are getting mad about things that haven't happened yet.

    We opened up 10 million dollars this year for deferring Jason Bay money. Will that money be used this year? We don't know yet.

    Also next year we are only spending 4.5 million and not 7.5 million. Reason being is he has a 3 million dollar buy out next year. So we would have to pay 3 million regardless.

    I also don't know why anyone is worried about the payroll after this year. We are on the hook for 13 million dollars until Dickey and Wright are resigned.

    7.5 million is not going to matter.
    This is a very fair point.

    FoC yields to MetsBulls and Clayamtion.

    But goshdarnit (to get around the censors), they damned well better bring back Wright and Dickey!

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So will you still believe this team is rebuilding if one or both is allowed to walk into FA?
    For the Rebuilding Mets, the Future Is Not Now

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/sp...on-future.html

    Sorry Charlie, The NY Times thinks the Mets are rebuilding.

    At least for now, it appears that Davis won't be moved as part of the Mets' rebuilding plans.

    http://www.cbssports.com/

    The 2012 season has the makings of a rebuild year for the Mets.
    http://adjkp25.hubpages.com/hub/2012...d-Expectations

    If you want I'll find more news article and stories that describe the Mets as a rebuilding team.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    For the Rebuilding Mets, the Future Is Not Now

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/sp...on-future.html

    Sorry Charlie, The NY Times thinks the Mets are rebuilding.

    At least for now, it appears that Davis won't be moved as part of the Mets' rebuilding plans.

    http://www.cbssports.com/

    The 2012 season has the makings of a rebuild year for the Mets.
    http://adjkp25.hubpages.com/hub/2012...d-Expectations

    If you want I'll find more news article and stories that describe the Mets as a rebuilding team.

    I don't care what the NYT thinks Francis. Their appreciation of the situation is cliched and lazy, they're simply following the story the Mets are spinning. I have never bought the rebuilding myth first-hand so I'm not going to buy it 2nd hand either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •