Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Because they have a budget.
    And it's woefully inadequate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    And it's woefully inadequate.
    For the George Allen approach, it would be.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

For the Mets, it is.

You're living in a dream world if you think the Mets are going to build a winner from within.

vCash

I thought the Mets were rebuilding?

"That has been the first preference," Wilpon said. "The second preference is probably to keep them and have them play out the season. The third preference would be to trade them. They're both important to the franchise and fan favorites. So we'd like to keep it that way."

vCash
    They are.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    So Jeff Wilpon and you can assume Fredo too, think that letting their best two players walk for nothing is better than trading them for a boatload of prospects?

'So we'd like to keep it that way' - what for a season?

So we've gone from 'We'll get these deals sorted out very quickly and move on' to 'Our second preference is not to trade them and let them play out the season and get nothing back'.

The Mets are so full of ****.

vCash
    They are.
    Are they? why would a rebuilding team going nowhere think letting two stars walk for nothing is better than trading them for prospects, ie the future?

vCash
    So Jeff Wilpon and you can assume Fredo too, think that letting their best two players walk for nothing is better than trading them for a boatload of prospects?

'So we'd like to keep it that way' - what for a season?

So we've gone from 'We'll get these deals sorted out very quickly and move on' to 'Our second preference is not to trade them and let them play out the season and get nothing back'.

The Mets are so full of ****.
    They are looking to resign them.

vCash
    Are they? why would a rebuilding team going nowhere think letting two stars walk for nothing is better than trading them for prospects, ie the future?
    Yes they are in a rebuilding mode.

vCash

No they're not. That's obvious.

vCash
    Why didn't you answer the question?

vCash
    I did.

vCash
    I did.
    No you didn't.

Why would a rebuilding team believe that letting players walk for nothing is preferable to trading them for prospects?

That's position completely contradicts rebuilding.

vCash
    They want to resign them, What Jeff wants to happen and what does happen are two different things.

Sorry Charlie.

vCash
    They want to resign them, What Jeff wants to happen and what does happen are two different things.

Sorry Charlie.
    None of that has anything to do with putting short-termism ahead of rebuilding - if you're a rebuilding.

I don't get this Charlie business, perhaps you could elaborate? I assume it's an attempt at an insult which is apparently against the rules is it not?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast