0 0%
  • Barrett Jones (2013 draft)

1 6.67%
  • Someone else

6 40.00%

Thread: Future Center?

vCash

Future Center?

Who you think will be our future at center?

vCash
    I know a lot of people think EDS will but i would still like to see us snag one maybe around the 4th round. I would like to know what Rodgers thinks about having EDS at center. I remember reading an article and he was saying that EDS gets a little to sweaty around the *** region for his liking, not sure if he was joking or what lol.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    I think we draft someone but, I think EDS starts the season as the number 1 I just think they like what they see in him and they give him a shot. I mean thats what our staff usually does, they like someones talent they give them a shot they either sink or swim and we go on from there
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Braxston Cave, maybe I'm just being a homer... but this Notre Dame center has performed very well over his career in South Bend. He tore a ligament in his foot last year, but has fully recovered and is the anchor of ND's line.

vCash
    EDS, Rodgers said EDS will be with the Packers a long time(I'm looking for a link). I think he is solid and still improving and if he has Rodgers endorsement he has mine to.

vCash
    Well with him now getting playing time a true evaluation can be made. Depending on how he handles himself it is going to go a long ways to where we draft a center.
    ~
    I like Barrett Jones I just do not know if I would draft him first round. I guess it all depends what is on the board and how EDS plays.

vCash

Future Center?

It's EDS's job to lose IMO. If he looks good over the next 7+ weeks I think he opens camp as the center.

vCash

vCash
    I voted Barrett Jones. Jones is an all round stout talent. He will anchor the line like Scott Wells did. He is NFL ready facing some of the top talent college football has seen in past 5 years. He is a big presence who could be a big time difference maker. Every so often their is a top center talent this is the guy. He holds a versatile role who can play all spots, but will be best suited for center.

He should be there in the bottom of the first and would shore up nearly all the offensive needs aside from the backfield. Drafting him give the Pack nothing but options. Plus a big insurance policy.

vCash
    i'll do it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i'll do it
    nice. I say tentatively allow EDS to have the job and then draft some competition for him. If he beats out the rookie, then EDS stays at C

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    nice. I say tentatively allow EDS to have the job and then draft some competition for him. If he beats out the rookie, then EDS stays at C
    secretly you all know you want me, a 5'11 180 pound person, playing center
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    TT is too cheap to use a high pick at center. Looking over the list of available centers... there isn't a lot to like. After the first center on the board...

Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
    Projected Round (2013): 1st Round; Top 25.

11/3/12: Jones' best position for the NFL is probably center, but he also has the ability to play guard after being a stand out guard as a freshman and sophomore. Having played left tackle as a junior and now center as senior, Jones is the rare lineman who can play any position on the offensive line.

Jones had a harder time with Mississippi State compared to other teams he has played against this season. Heavy defensive tackle Dewayne Cherrington was a challenge for Jones and guard Chance Warmack. Jones had a good game overll, but wasn't as overwhelming as he has been in other games.

Jones had a great game the previous week against Tennessee and handled massive defensive tackle Daniel McCullers well. The Alabama standout did a good job of opening up holes in the ground game and did well in pass protection, too.

Jones played well against Missouri. He opened up holes for Eddie Lacy to have a huge day and was excellent in pass protection. When going against talented defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, Jones had success. The senior also had a superb outing against Arkansas. He dominated the Razorbacks on the ground and in pass blocking.

Jones had an excellent debut at center in the 2012 season opener against Michigan. He looked so natural, one would think he has played the position for years. Jones was superb in the ground game opening up holes and hitting combo blocks. He was rock solid in pass protection, too.

The intelligent Jones has been great at making the line calls to set protections and blocking schemes. His biggest test will come against LSU and its speedy defensive tackles.

They are either short, short and undersized, injury prone or had bad 2012 campaigns.

Jones can play C G or T... so that versatility could get TT to select him if he sees him as a center in training for the first year. Because he could backup the entire line... including center until they wanted to hand him the keys.

================================================== ================================================== ====================

I could see TT grabbing this guy in the 6th round. If he could get us a great conversion rate on 3rd and 1 with a run and be decent everywhere else. I'd be happy with that.

Graham Pocic, C
    School: Illinois | Conference: BIG10
    College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Lemont, IL

Pocic is physically strong and aggressive with the grit to finish through the whistle and tough-out the battles in the trenches. With several talented interior defensive linemen coming from Big Ten programs the past few years, including his own teammates, Pocic has been routinely tested as the rock of the Illinois line. Although not likely to be a Day 1 or 2 pick like the first four prospects on this list, Pocic currently projects as a mid-to-late round player and a borderline top-five senior at his position.
    Last edited by vbjunkie; 11-20-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969