Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoke screen?

vCash

Smoke screen?

Full disclosure: I'm really excited about these moves, Gibbons included. But my question is where are the players we brought in. Maybe this is a two hour presserand they are on after but all the focus is on Gibbons now. We just pulled off one of the biggest deals in history, and a surprising FA signing....why are are the players not on display?......

vCash

Smoke screen?

I'm pretty sure they will all be introduced officially in the next week or so. This came together pretty quickly.

vCash
    Not sure why it matters.

As long as they show up at camp, I don't care that they're not paraded around like models in November.

vCash
    Trade only became official yesterday- can't really plan anything until now. Will have press conference soon I'm sure.

vCash
    Well, he's obviously not done. He might make 5 more moves before March, so many not all these players he acquired (esp. Buck) are here in spring.

Hey, did anyone catch the fact that he plans to have the roster essentially done by the end of January? That must be a self-imposed deadline. Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Not sure why it matters.

As long as they show up at camp, I don't care that they're not paraded around like models in November.
    Have to disagree, you want these guys here embracing their new team. Hell, even Clemens came to be formally introduced and we know how much of a diva he was.

Hope its nothing but it just rubs me the wrong way. I Want to see a bunch of guys parading around modelling Blue Jays gear showing commitment to a W.S. with they're new team.

vCash
    It was said yesterday that the players were likely to not be at the press conference. They will likely be introduced separately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    Well, he's obviously not done. He might make 5 more moves before March, so many not all these players he acquired (esp. Buck) are here in spring.

Hey, did anyone catch the fact that he plans to have the roster essentially done by the end of January? That must be a self-imposed deadline. Interesting.
    Not really self imposed, once you've committed to your team, you don't want major changes going into or during Spring Training.

vCash
    Is this really that big a deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Not really self imposed, once you've committed to your team, you don't want major changes going into or during Spring Training.
    I disagree. I think if you can improve your team at any time, you do it. Which has been his line for years. But, for the first time, he's talked about a sort of roster deadline. It might be nothing, but it was curious if anything. I don't think it's a manner of speaking I'm used to hearing from GM_AA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Is this really that big a deal?
    You know what pisse$ me off...people like you! If I didn't think it was a question, I wouldn't have asked it. If you have nothing substantial to add keep your mouth shut.

It may be nothing but...

When a team makes this sort off splash it usually shows it off. Whether we are talking the trade or the Melky signing. And no one is Toronto yet?

vCash
    Hey, did anyone catch the fact that he plans to have the roster essentially done by the eJanuary? That must be a self-imposed deadline. Interesting.
    I think it's important to cut off the roster moves at some point. Players do better when they know their roles.

vCash
    I’m not going to start a whole new thread for this, but I was looking at the depth charts on MLB.com and noticed a few interesting things. First of all, these are obviously not set in stone, but they are on the official team sites and not according to some analyst at ESPN or Yahoo Sports. On the Jays, they have Bonifacio ahead of Izturis for 2B and both Johnson and Buehrle ahead of Morrow in the rotation. The real interesting thing is on the Marlins depth chart where they have Yunel at 3B and Hech at SS! Makes sense I guess, because they’ve got a descent 2B, but still surprising IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    You know what pisse$ me off...people like you! If I didn't think it was a question, I wouldn't have asked it. If you have nothing substantial to add keep your mouth shut.

It may be nothing but...

When a team makes this sort off splash it usually shows it off. Whether we are talking the trade or the Melky signing. And no one is Toronto yet?
    lol, you know what pisses$ me off. People like you who make a big deal about everything.

vCash
    I disagree. I think if you can improve your team at any time, you do it. Which has been his line for years. But, for the first time, he's talked about a sort of roster deadline. It might be nothing, but it was curious if anything. I don't think it's a manner of speaking I'm used to hearing from GM_AA.
    I've heard him say in previous years that although he's willing to talk trades, other teams general managers shut down lines of communication at certain times of the year. I remember him saying something similar last year about other GM's setting their rosters for the year (more or less) by the end of January when most of the free agent market dries up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast