Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Should the Cavs had offered Waiters, and TT for Harden?

I've heard discussion about this lately. James Harden is proving to be one of the best SG in the league. If your rebuilding and looking to get that second star to compliment Kyrie, would you of offered the bank to get Harden?
    This isn't taking shots at either Waiters nor TT, they are more or less unproven. Although I only see TT as a solid player, not an all star. And Waiters has shown flashes but we will definitely need to see more.
    So the other question is would you make this deal with the uncertainty that Harden will sign a max deal?
    It's looking like he would sign that deal since he's doing this in Houston. No offense Houston.
    Maybe the media perpetuates this concept of following models. When Mike Brown was here we were apparently following the SA Spurs model of building a team. Now we are following the OKC model of building through the draft. I think sometimes you need to wing it and go with your gut. You can't follow exact models.
    I think this is a move I might of made. But at the same time it feels very reckless. Thoughts?
    BTW I hope Dion Waiters proves to be "that second star" for the Cavs.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Is there any link that says that the Cavs tried offering this or that the Thunder called the Cavs inquiring about TT and Waiters? No offense Arch but unless there is something out there saying that this was being considered I wouldn't think too much into it as if you look at what the Thunder got that is probably better than what the Cavs could have offered.

The Cavs were not going to give the Thunder a lottery pick like Houston was able to with the Raptors first round pick. They could have gave Waiters in place of Lamb but that is the only comparison you can make if the Cavs did try making a trade. The Thunder also took on Kevin Martin because he was a very high expiring contract after this year and could fill the void somewhat on a scoring level that Harden left in his sixth man role. The Cavs had nobody like this to offer except possibly Boobie but Boobie is no Kevin Martin. The Thunder got a better deal than the Cavs could ever try giving so I don't see why there is a need to say if the Cavs did this they could have Harden right now when there was never any legitimate source of Harden going to the Cavs besides bloggers and wanna be sports writers from say a site like Bleacher Report.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything but just pointing out we could play this game for any player in the NBA. Should the Cavs have traded Andy and TT for Dwight Howard?

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Im pretty sure the Thunder would have rejected that. Frankly, I think what they got back from the Rockets was better than what your proposing,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Is there any link that says that the Cavs tried offering this or that the Thunder called the Cavs inquiring about TT and Waiters? No offense Arch but unless there is something out there saying that this was being considered I wouldn't think too much into it as if you look at what the Thunder got that is probably better than what the Cavs could have offered.

The Cavs were not going to give the Thunder a lottery pick like Houston was able to with the Raptors first round pick. They could have gave Waiters in place of Lamb but that is the only comparison you can make if the Cavs did try making a trade. The Thunder also took on Kevin Martin because he was a very high expiring contract after this year and could fill the void somewhat on a scoring level that Harden left in his sixth man role. The Cavs had nobody like this to offer except possibly Boobie but Boobie is no Kevin Martin. The Thunder got a better deal than the Cavs could ever try giving so I don't see why there is a need to say if the Cavs did this they could have Harden right now when there was never any legitimate source of Harden going to the Cavs besides bloggers and wanna be sports writers from say a site like Bleacher Report.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything but just pointing out we could play this game for any player in the NBA. Should the Cavs have traded Andy and TT for Dwight Howard?
    The point of posting this was a result of conversation in Cleveland media. I think it is more realistic of signing Harden over Dwight Howard who would have no interest of signing an extension in Cleveland. Harden wanted to get paid to a max deal.
    So maybe not just Waiters and TT... Maybe throw in AV and/or a draft pick... Which is much sweeter than the Houston offer. Nothing against Kevin Martin but he's pretty one dimensional. And if OKC views Waiters as high as CLE than he looks to be better than Lamb.
    So would you do it? Or not?

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em