Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Milestone day for Luck, Reggie.. and TY

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- It was a 6-yard second-quarter move-the-chains pass to Reggie Wayne that looked like nothing more than it was, one of 938 in a 12-year career, and another first down on a night the Indianapolis Colts would have 28 of them.

Surpassing consistency is an element of excellence that is accomplished in humble steps. That pass tied an NFL record.

The catch was Wayne's third of the night and the 58th consecutive game in which he had caught at least three passes. Only one player in league history had done that: Cris Carter, who played 16 seasons and caught 1,101 passes, most for the Minnesota Vikings.

Wayne finished with seven catches for 72 yards, a modest performance on a humbling night. The New England Patriots beat the Colts 59-24. It was a bitter defeat and Wayne promised not to forget it.

"Why would you?" he asked. "Whenever you get taken behind the woodshed, it's kind of hard to forget. Hopefully we take care of business and make sure we come back in this stadium and do a little better."

Wayne's night wasn't without another achievement, though he chose not to celebrate it.

His 72 receiving yards pushed his season total to 1,003 yards. His eighth 1,000-yard season matched Marvin Harrison's team record and made Wayne the 13th player in NFL history to pass the milestone with such frequency.

It might have been a much bigger night. Wayne seldom had the opportunity to run. Again and again quarterback Andrew Luck's passes came in low and Wayne went to the turf to get them.

"That's the way it goes," he said. "You have some good ones. You have some bad ones. I just wanted to make sure I'd catch them. I'll get some when I can get on the run. I've got plenty of time to do that."
    Hilton has 100 again

Rookie T.Y. Hilton caught six passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns. It was his third 100-yard game of the season.

He took little pleasure in it.

"You lost," he said. "None of that matters. Got get back in and go to work tomorrow."

Hilton was the 13th receiver taken in the draft, and until Sunday the only one with a 100-yard game. Jacksonville's Justin Blackmon joined him with seven catches for 236 yards.

Hilton had an odd moment on a second half punt return. As he bellyed wide to escape pursuit, the football suddenly squirted overhead. He grabbed it in full stride, put it away and took off for the sideline.

"I wasn't able to get comfortable with the ball and tuck it in," he said. "I had it put away but every time I went to switch it the long sleeves made it come out."
    Record for Luck

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck had a forgettable night but set a record doing it.

In addition to his three interceptions and lost fumble, he completed 27-of-50 passes for 334 yards and two touchdowns.

It was Luck's fifth 300-yard game and it broke Peyton Manning's NFL rookie record. Manning had four 300-yard games in 1998.
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...back-seat-loss

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash

Milestone day for Luck, Reggie.. and TY

Hilton sounds like a dumbass, "Got get back to work." Wow. Haha I love the kid's talent, but really, did you learn anything in school?

Congrats to Reggie. He is building a strong case to be a Hall of Famer. Glad he re-signed.

vCash
    Might as well update this thread with more milestones:

Luck tied Bradford for most wins by a #1 overall pick in 1st season (7).

Wayne beat Chris Carter for most consecutive games with at least 3 catches (59).

Hilton 1st Colts player to return a punt and catch a pass for TD.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    I also think this win and the steeler loss puts them 2 wins from a guaranteed wild card berth. pittsburgh and cincy are 6-5 and miami, at 5-6 would have to go 4-1 for 9 wins and really make it a 3 team race for 2 spots. both the steelers and the bengals would have to go 3-2 to tie a 9 win colt team. I think since indy has the titans, chiefs, detroit and a week 16 matchup the texans may not care about that this win today was the milestone to seal the playoffs this season, they had to win this one and they did it! I think they can pull 2 wins out of the next 5 and gain some valuable experience for young players in the colts new era.