Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Geoff Petrie talks about 2-8 start..

I caught up with Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie this afternoon to get his take on the Kings’ 2-8 start. Here's some of that conversation.

“I don’t think you can avoid. Or record isn’t what we hoped it would be at this point and the major reason for that is that we’ve just struggled mightily on offense. The improvements we’ve made defensively for the most part have been mitigated by not being able to be productive offensively, primarily in the halfcourt.”

On if roster changes need to be made:

“I think in the short term you have to give it a little more time. And maybe there are different lineup combinations that will work better, maybe there are different rotations that will work better. But at some point those things have to be open for discussion. I don’t think this early in the season any teams are looking to be aggressive and make changes.”

On if he has to be more patient with young players:

“To a point. We’re still a young team but we’re not a totally inexperienced team either. But you’re still looking for growth there.”
    http://sulia.com/channel/sacramento-...source=twitter

blah, blah, blah.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I wish for once he would come out and let us in a little on what he's doing. Just come out and say,"We're in the works of a trade." or something. Get us excited.

7th years of crap. I'm starting to get pretty impatient.
    Last edited by ZebraCity916; 11-21-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    I'm tired of the were still young excuse... hopefully they can get it turned around. I'd like it if Petrie was more vocal about his expectations, but that's just not his style.

vCash
    I've been a Petrie supporter forever, but I'm thinking it's time to get a fresh face in here. Not sure who would want to work for the Maloofs, or a city that can't get FA's to sign..

i'll work for free though.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I'm tired of the were still young excuse... hopefully they can get it turned around. I'd like it if Petrie was more vocal about his expectations, but that's just not his style.
    Yeah, it's getting old. That's why if we make a trade, I want to get older. We need more experience on this team. We have enough young talent that needs to develop. Let's get some consistent players that are close to or have already hit their ceiling on this team.

vCash
    I don't think the Kings are in a position where they can get a proven GM to come in and resurrect this franchise.

When the Kings organization solidifies the location of the franchise, that's when moves regarding the front office will be made. Hopefully by then, the George Maloof won't be as involved... or the Maloof family sells the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I don't think the Kings are in a position where they can get a proven GM to come in and resurrect this franchise.

When the Kings organization solidifies the location of the franchise, that's when moves regarding the front office will be made. Hopefully by then, the George Maloof won't be as involved... or the Maloof family sells the team.
    Hell nah, we aren't!!!

vCash
    Being an NBA GM is a dream job and there are only 30 positions available. I'm sure that we can find someone capable.

vCash
    It's not like he can say "Yep I'm making moves! Some players will be leaving this team shortly" What do you think that would do for the team? Players would start playing for themselves to boost their stats and stop playing as a team

vCash
    "A little more time". **** YOU GEOFF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    It's not like he can say "Yep I'm making moves! Some players will be leaving this team shortly" What do you think that would do for the team? Players would start playing for themselves to boost their stats and stop playing as a team
    That's true.

I just want some progress. I wanna know that we're trying and we're not just hanging out and hoping what we're doing will eventually start to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    That's true.

I just want some progress. I wanna know that we're trying and we're not just hanging out and hoping what we're doing will eventually start to work.
    I know, but he could have a plan, but doesn't want to leak anything yet, in case things fall through, that would be more disappointing

vCash
    T-Rob box people out!

vCash
    We got lucky on that call lol

vCash
    HAHAHA Grant "If you're going to let him carry it like that, you'll never stop him"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast