Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Backup QB this year preference? Tebow in the future ever?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • McNabb this year

3 25.00%
  • Garrard this year

0 0%
  • Palko this year

3 25.00%
  • Jerrod Johnson this year

1 8.33%
  • Yes, Tebow in a future situation would be a good backup

4 33.33%
  • No, Never want Tebow in a Steeler uniform

4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Backup QB Thread

Alright well we are expected to sign either Garrard, Jerrod Johnson, Palko, or McNabb.

Personally I believe that the best course of action for this team is to sign McNabb as a temporary backup for the rest of the season. I feel like hes the most ready right now to come in and possibly contribute in a bind for a playoff contending team. Although Garrard may be capable of being the teams backup for the next 2 years after this so im not sure here.

Also feel like in the offseason we will need an overhaul. I love Byron, he can ball and has one hell of an arm when healthy but hes unfortunately just made of glass.

Batch is just too old.

I really hope that one day the Jets will release Tebow from their cancer filled, hateful enviroment and we pick him up as our backup. He clearly wont start here so theirs none of that pressure. He is the definition of an awesome backup quarterback. His unique skill set and ability to win would be ideal for a pinch start here or their. Its also hypocritical to say he cant throw the ball being he just eliminated us from the playoffs last year via the pass.I say this because i believe he will be available with the Jets being ready to completely overhaul.

Then either sign a Garrard to a 1 year league min, or pick up Johnson as the 3.

So current state of team: (hopeful)
    Ben
    Batch
    McNabb
    Lefty-IR

Backup QB next year(realistic dream)
    1. Ben
    2. Tebow
    3. Johnson

vCash
    I will never support tebow if he comes here I will be extremely pissed he is the worst Qb I'm NFL history and is a bigger circus then TO with his cult they'll be wanting him to start over Ben

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    I will never support tebow if he comes here I will be extremely pissed he is the worst Qb I'm NFL history and is a bigger circus then TO with his cult they'll be wanting him to start over Ben
    Doesnt matter what his "cult" wants. His cult only demands he starts over the below average quarterbacks he has played with in his career.

In a established situation (Pitt, NE, GB) they will understand he will not see the field unless injury.

Tebow is an awesome teammate and has the skillset to be a great backup QB. Clearly not the worst QB in NFL history when he has a winning record as a QB and also eliminated us from the playoffs last year throwing for 316 yards. Obviously he can put it up a little.

You didnt vote on this year either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Doesnt matter what his "cult" wants. His cult only demands he starts over the below average quarterbacks he has played with in his career.

In a established situation (Pitt, NE, GB) they will understand he will not see the field unless injury.

Tebow is an awesome teammate and has the skillset to be a great backup QB. Clearly not the worst QB in NFL history when he has a winning record as a QB and also eliminated us from the playoffs last year throwing for 316 yards. Obviously he can put it up a little.

You didnt vote on this year either
    I meant to hit Mcnabb for this year.
    As for tebow I hate his style of play his delivery is worse then leftwich and I would rather draft someone or sign Palko, etc as the long term solution.

vCash
    I love Tim Tebow........ Imagine him learning from Ben, and getting his mechanics down, and eventually takes over. That would be bad ***
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polamalu43322 View Post
    I love Tim Tebow........ Imagine him learning from Ben, and getting his mechanics down, and eventually takes over. That would be bad ***
    He would never take over as the starter here I wouldn't allow it

vCash
    I say sign Tavaris Jackson or Matt Moore

Maybe Vick if cut

vCash
    Why not draft a QB...? I DO NOT want Tebow here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Did we just become best friends
    tebow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Did we just become best friends
    tebow

vCash
    Why not? He threw for 300 against us in the playoffs

Start Batch, bring back Jerrod Johnson. Of all the teams to value consistency and familiarity, Steelers do it the most. He was here during preseason and did well for the fourth team, he deserves to be brought back.

Definitely need to draft a QB in the 5th round or later in this draft, though.

McNabb seems happy on the NFL Network. So far he's been the only guy on that channel that I tolerate. Ok maybe I'm the one happy with him there.

I wouldn't be against Matt Moore or some guy on the young side but not in his first two or three years in the league. Just for the rest of the year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Why not? He threw for 300 against us in the playoffs

Start Batch, bring back Jerrod Johnson. Of all the teams to value consistency and familiarity, Steelers do it the most. He was here during preseason and did well for the fourth team, he deserves to be brought back.

Definitely need to draft a QB in the 5th round or later in this draft, though.

McNabb seems happy on the NFL Network. So far he's been the only guy on that channel that I tolerate. Ok maybe I'm the one happy with him there.

I wouldn't be against Matt Moore or some guy on the young side but not in his first two or three years in the league. Just for the rest of the year though.
    I'll admit I was out of line... Just got caught up in the Ben injury and going into overtime after that 4th & long conversion

That's over now though

EDIT: & I can't stand Tebow mainly because of the media so that loss still hurts lol
    Last edited by HouRealCoach; 11-19-2012 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    I'll admit I was out of line... Just got caught up in the Ben injury and going into overtime after that 4th & long conversion

That's over now though

EDIT: & I can't stand Tebow mainly because of the media so that loss still hurts lol

I don't necessarily hate Tebow and wish he failed or anything like that, I just don't see how he could benefit any team. Especially ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post

I don't necessarily hate Tebow and wish he failed or anything like that, I just don't see how he could benefit any team. Especially ours.
    :h5: yes yes yes no tebow

vCash
    We're all wrong
    “@AdamSchefter: A favorite to wind up as the Steelers' backup quarterback is former Eagle Mike Kafka, who will work out for Pittsburgh on Tuesday.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast