Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Future of the Offensive Line

Hi all, Eagles fan here but I currently live in Pittsburgh so I see all then Steeler games.

I was just wondering if there's been any indication of what will happen on the OL when everyone comes back healthy (perhaps next season).

I would think Starks and Pouncey are pretty set where they are are but then what from there? I would think ideally they'd like all their young upstarts to crack the lineup and build a future on the same unit. Adams had looked good at RT, Decastro would be back at Guard. Would it me an option to transition Gilbert to Guard? It might actually help him out since it seem like his lack of athleticism seems to have cause him to struggle at times at Takle. Anyone have any input?
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    I think...for now....the line is set. Barring any injuries they seem to be jelling and working well together.

As for the future:
    I would like to see Starks, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams. Thats a solid line that will work with what we want to do. Would still like to see a LT be drafted/signed. Starks is still an injury risk. Gilbert should be the swing tackle/heavy set TE. Legurskey is underrated IMO, and is an excellent backup all along the interior. He's ok in a 2-4 game run, but if someone went down in week 1 we need a more permanent solution.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Willie Colon has actually been pretty solid from a blocking standpoint at left guard, his problem is the plethora of penalties. But I'll take blocking and penalties over no blocking at all.

Gilbert can sit and continue to learn behind Starks. He was alright at right tackle and has said he's more comfortable on the left side. Adams has ended up already better than Gilbert on the right, which is a pleasant surprise.

When everyone's healthy: Starks-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams

Future: Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams

Especially with Todd Haley calling place, this should be a rather effective offensive line.

vCash
    Future:

Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert

We're set, there are just guys injured. We could switch Gilbert and Adams also.

vCash
    Not sure we'll ever have a good offensive line. That's just how it's going to be.

Doug Legursky is the saddest excuse of a lineman ever. His cool arm tattoo doesn't make up for the fact that he ****ing sucks.

vCash
    Gilbert colon pouncey decastro Adams will be our line with in 2 years and the best we have had in a long time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Not sure we'll ever have a good offensive line. That's just how it's going to be.

Doug Legursky is the saddest excuse of a guard ever. His cool arm tattoo doesn't make up for the fact that he ****ing sucks at guard.
    He's not bad at center. Shame is we have Pouncey there already, who isn't much better but is better nonetheless.

vCash
    actually have the makings of a quality oline when theyre all healthy which i dont think we will ever see