Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gortat Rumors

vCash
    I must have missed the memo. Why in gods name trade Gortat at all unless it is a hugely one sided deal in favor of the Suns similar to the Pau trade to LA.

vCash
    He's becoming very inconsistent. He does good against the weak centers of the league and then completely sucks against the strong, tough centers of the league.

He went from a 22 point game to a 5 pt outing against New Orleans who were missing Anthony Davis.

vCash
    Yeah has there been anymore talk about this? Any other trade rumors or anything new? I feel the same way C's he goes against that are his weak or soft he does fine. If they play him physically they suffer! I like the morris/Gortat lineup much more thought then scola/gortat.

I Think we should go after Brook Lopez, Or maybe even Nene Who the wiz just got but idk how that would work.

I want us to have the back to the hoop type player. O'neal is kind of, Scola is not at all, but I was hoping gortat could bring something like that. He only goes for the easy shots! I dont see him pushing around, he trys to avoid contact, he would be much more effective if he would try to go through people ya know!?! Am I wrong here?

Second thing, I love shannon but he needs to attack more. If he would attack the rim more his jumper would open up much more
    Last edited by AEWyatt7; 11-24-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: 2nd thought

vCash
    Why not Gortat,Dudley,Frye, and Lakers 1st for Joe johnson and Brook Lopez

vCash

I really don't see the point

Gortat-Lopez...one plays a better D and boards better...the other plays better O Duds for JJ?...Duds isn't in JJ's class so other than dumping that contract I don't see why the Nets do that. A late first round pick to take Frye's contract? I'm not seeing why either team makes that kinda move...upset rosters that are working to sort things out with no noticeable advantage for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC View Post
    not giving up the raptors pick, add perry jones.
    take it?
    No. If I am running the Suns I dont make any trade with OKC that does not involve the Raptors pick. That pick and Lamb are the only 2 pieces worth talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    I think neither team would do that trade. It puts the Suns in salary cap hell with no hope of improvement for nearly 5 years. Lopez and Johnson might have the worst 2 contracts in the entire league. And even with those 2 the Suns dont come even close to being a contender.

For the Nets they ship off the 2 guys they had to sign to keep Deron, and an unhappy Deron is a lousy Deron, as they've seen for 2 years. They would still be in a bad cap situation and their roster is unimproved. All that does for them is save their multibillionaire owner a few bucks.

vCash
    ^^ Yup...hit the nail on the head there

vCash
    if we ever deal gortat, i'd rather the deal make us younger and/or get potentially early draft pick/s

we already gambled on beasely this year (it looks like its failing) and imo that is enough for the year

vCash
    Any chance for Gortat for a top 3 draft? The only plausible way is if we took a bad contract. Detroit and Kings have a decent Centers. Maybe Washington... Okafor and their draft for Gortat + Dudley + lower 1st round draft???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagaongpit View Post
    Any chance for Gortat for a top 3 draft? The only plausible way is if we took a bad contract. Detroit and Kings have a decent Centers. Maybe Washington... Okafor and their draft for Gortat + Dudley + lower 1st round draft???
    An example would be us taking Charlie V's deal from Detroit. They don't need a center, but that's the kind of bad contract we'd need to take along with giving up Gortat, Dudley and change.

vCash
    ^^^Gortat, Dudley, our 1st for Tyreke Evans, Jason Thompson, whatever bad contract they have and their unprotected 1st. Hell if they throw in Thomas Robinson I'll give them a couple more picks lol.

On the real though Sac is more than likely top 3 guaranteed along with WAS.

vCash
    bottom line is, Gortat needs to go. ideally for us to be younger or trade him for some picks and fillers. Why?? this darn team is ruining it again like the previous team under nash -- overachieving.

from what i read, this team is now 2 games ahead of last year's team at this pace, what does it mean? 13-15 pick next year, crumbs once more!

this team on paper is projected to be bottom-dwellers, heck even fans swear that this current team sucks, big time! that we have the worst players like beasely, morris, johnson, oneal and even scola -- but where are we now? 7-8! some fans earlier were saying (me included) "ok if we keep on losing, we'll get someone like shabazz next year" but no, this team even sucks at sucking. at this pace, we stand to contend and eventually lose out on the eight seed, again. same as last year, and the year before, and so on.

currently, we are tied for ninth place in the west, only half a game behind eight place. add to that the other 5 teams that have a worse record than us in the east and we're easily out of the top ten if the draft was held today
    Last edited by rocky4104; 11-28-2012 at 04:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    bottom line is, Gortat needs to go. ideally for us to be younger or trade him for some picks and fillers. Why?? this darn team is ruining it again like the previous team under nash -- overachieving.

from what i read, this team is now 2 games ahead of last year's team at this pace, what does it mean? 13-15 pick next year, crumbs once more!

this team on paper is projected to be bottom-dwellers, heck even fans swear that this current team sucks, big time! that we have the worst players like beasely, morris, johnson, oneal and even scola -- but where are we now? 7-8! some fans earlier were saying (me included) "ok if we keep on losing, we'll get someone like shabazz next year" but no, this team even sucks at sucking. at this pace, we stand to contend and eventually lose out on the eight seed, again. same as last year, and the year before, and so on.

currently, we are tied for ninth place in the west, only half a game behind eight place. add to that the other 5 teams that have a worse record than us in the east and we're easily out of the top ten if the draft was held today
    Spot on Rocky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post

Well said. Our only hope to get a top pick will be to trade Gortat by midseason. We won't get a top 5 but maybe 7-10. Also keep in mind, we haven't played many great teams yet.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast