Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76

Thread: Gortat Rumors

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdills13 View Post
    suns get- Perry, Lamb, Collison
    Thunder- Gortat

    Suns- get young, dont take on any salary.
    Thunder- get the center they need to win a champtionship, perry and lamb dont play for thim this year and they need to make a run while the iron is hot. having a rotation of perk and gortat would scare teams. and I dont want perkins in return id rather keep the cap.

    suns then trade a combination of duds scola, wes johnson and someone else to pick up a center.
    Or we can trade Duds and Wes for a SG. Add Mozgov during off-season and bring back JO.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^^It benefits in the sense that you keep *****ing about getting younger talent. Gortat and Dudley have reached their prime and Dudley is already declining after 1 year. His value will drop and we are going to get raped. If this teade goes through we have prospects and assets left to right. Let's say we keep the 1st round pick that belongs to us and we swap the LAL pick for OKC pick. We would have all these assets that you specifically have been whining about all along. Just look at all the contracts, cap space and possibilities. Is Gortat worth more? Yes. Will we get fair value for him? Probably not. He is a terrific C but nothimg special no one will overpay specially when he os a FA in 2014. On the other hand we're stacked with:

    Marshall, Markieff, Lamb, PJIII, Scola(price wise), Suns 2012 1st rd, OKC 2012 1st rd, MEM(more than likely) 2012 1st rd pick and our 2nd rd pick. So tell me how does that suck? Its either rebuild or go all in and you already made it clear you're against going all in due to the fact that there is nobody worth it. Now you're against rebuilding. So you want to stay in the middle then? Change of heart, again.
    lol, dont put words in my mouth. Its not a change of heart to say we shouldnt screw ourselves with a bad trade. And "change of heart again" when have i had ANY change of heart?

    I am all for trading Gortat for picks and players. But the absolute BEST thing OKC can offer the Suns for rebuilding is the Toronto draft pick, the next best thing is Lamb. Both of those should be a requirement for the Suns to talk trade. You cant count Marshall and Markieff when justifying what we get for Gortat, those are totally separate issues. Gortat is a center capable of putting up 15-10. People ALWAYS overpay for those. And his contract is a steal! If the Suns sold him for basically Jeremy Lamb alone then they would be idiots. And you have the Suns throwing Dudley into the trade too, which I'd be okay with if the Suns were getting value for him but you toss him in as an afterthought. Dudley has trade value, he is the 2nd most valuable trade asset on our entire roster. And your original proposal had the Suns giving away 2 1sts, which is unconscionable for a rebuilding team to do. It was a trade that made the Suns worse now and worse in the future, there was no benefit.

    And btw, Wes Johnson has zero trade value. I dont know what SG you're expecting to get in a Wes and Dudley for a SG swap, but given the Dudley is basically a SG and Wes is dead weight its hard to think of a team it would make sense for.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 11-22-2012 at 03:20 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,514
    vCash
    1500
    suns- josh smith
    Hawks- Noah, Wes Johnson
    Bulls- Gortat

    Suns- Dragic-Brown-Beasley-Smith-Morris
    Telfair- Duds- PJ tucker-Scola-Oneal
    Lets run and gun again for the year!! this is the most athletic team in the nba, we would score 115 a game! we could have a good defensive lineup as well
    Dragic-Duds-Tucker-Smith-Oneal

    Hawks- Harris-Morrow-Johnson-Horford-Noah

    They would be able to move horford back to PF, and bring Horford and Noah back together, dont we all remember how well they worked together in college!they would be great together down low, dominate the boards.

    Bulls- get gortat, someone that can score down low!
    Suns
    Cardinals

    2015 ARIZONA WILL OWN THE SPORTS WORLD.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdills13 View Post
    suns- josh smith
    Hawks- Noah, Wes Johnson
    Bulls- Gortat

    Suns- Dragic-Brown-Beasley-Smith-Morris
    Telfair- Duds- PJ tucker-Scola-Oneal
    Lets run and gun again for the year!! this is the most athletic team in the nba, we would score 115 a game! we could have a good defensive lineup as well
    Dragic-Duds-Tucker-Smith-Oneal

    Hawks- Harris-Morrow-Johnson-Horford-Noah

    They would be able to move horford back to PF, and bring Horford and Noah back together, dont we all remember how well they worked together in college!they would be great together down low, dominate the boards.

    Bulls- get gortat, someone that can score down low!
    Bulls wouldnt swap Noah for Gortat. I am sure they'd like to have them in tandem, but they are a defensive team and Noah is the heart of that defense.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Bulls wouldnt swap Noah for Gortat. I am sure they'd like to have them in tandem, but they are a defensive team and Noah is the heart of that defense.
    I think they would without question, Boozer doesnt give them anything in the post anymore. they need a player who can score down low like gortat. But we can argue all we want or I can just say the trade is this

    Gortat,Fry, 2 snd round pick= Hawks
    Smith= suns

    I would even giveup a first to get fry's cotnract gone. If we managed a deal like this then resigned smith for 14 million a year we would still have room for a max contract guy.

    Goran,Brown,Beasly,Smith,Howard (smiths best friend)

    Can you say run and gun then run some more. Smith and Beasley are both hybrids so depending on matchup they would play in tandem the 3/4
    Suns
    Cardinals

    2015 ARIZONA WILL OWN THE SPORTS WORLD.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    lol, dont put words in my mouth. Its not a change of heart to say we shouldnt screw ourselves with a bad trade. And "change of heart again" when have i had ANY change of heart?

    I am all for trading Gortat for picks and players. But the absolute BEST thing OKC can offer the Suns for rebuilding is the Toronto draft pick, the next best thing is Lamb. Both of those should be a requirement for the Suns to talk trade. You cant count Marshall and Markieff when justifying what we get for Gortat, those are totally separate issues. Gortat is a center capable of putting up 15-10. People ALWAYS overpay for those. And his contract is a steal! If the Suns sold him for basically Jeremy Lamb alone then they would be idiots. And you have the Suns throwing Dudley into the trade too, which I'd be okay with if the Suns were getting value for him but you toss him in as an afterthought. Dudley has trade value, he is the 2nd most valuable trade asset on our entire roster. And your original proposal had the Suns giving away 2 1sts, which is unconscionable for a rebuilding team to do. It was a trade that made the Suns worse now and worse in the future, there was no benefit.

    And btw, Wes Johnson has zero trade value. I dont know what SG you're expecting to get in a Wes and Dudley for a SG swap, but given the Dudley is basically a SG and Wes is dead weight its hard to think of a team it would make sense for.
    You couldn't be more wrong. And once again its sheer opinion no way to prove it fails or not.

    And actually Wes has a lot of value as an expiring 4million. Dudley and Wes for Wilson Chandler.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,668
    vCash
    1500

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by kjdills13 View Post
    I think they would without question, Boozer doesnt give them anything in the post anymore. they need a player who can score down low like gortat. But we can argue all we want or I can just say the trade is this

    Gortat,Fry, 2 snd round pick= Hawks
    Smith= suns

    I would even giveup a first to get fry's cotnract gone. If we managed a deal like this then resigned smith for 14 million a year we would still have room for a max contract guy.

    Goran,Brown,Beasly,Smith,Howard (smiths best friend)

    Can you say run and gun then run some more. Smith and Beasley are both hybrids so depending on matchup they would play in tandem the 3/4
    Flip Dudley for wilson chandler.

    Dragic/Marshall
    Chandler/Brown
    Beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Kieff
    Howard/??

    .
    Last edited by mdm692; 11-23-2012 at 04:32 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Flip Dudley for wilson chandler.

    Dragic/Marshall
    Chandler/Brown
    Beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Kieff
    Howard/??

    .
    dudley and 2 1st for chandler I Dont Give A F------ . if we had a team of

    Dragic/Telfair
    Chandler/Browm
    Beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Keif
    ?/Oneal

    Dwight would be a fool not to come to AZ with his Best Friend get a MAX deal. be the MANN!!! which he will never be while kobe is around! then a team like that would compete and win titles! all young, under long term contract! we would set the record for blocks in a year with smith and Howard..

    Make it happen front office. and even if Dwight doesnt come, pay bynum money or oden money, get our training staff to fix them up! and lets go!!
    Suns
    Cardinals

    2015 ARIZONA WILL OWN THE SPORTS WORLD.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdills13 View Post
    I think they would without question, Boozer doesnt give them anything in the post anymore. they need a player who can score down low like gortat. But we can argue all we want or I can just say the trade is this

    Gortat,Fry, 2 snd round pick= Hawks
    Smith= suns

    I would even giveup a first to get fry's cotnract gone. If we managed a deal like this then resigned smith for 14 million a year we would still have room for a max contract guy.

    Goran,Brown,Beasly,Smith,Howard (smiths best friend)

    Can you say run and gun then run some more. Smith and Beasley are both hybrids so depending on matchup they would play in tandem the 3/4
    The Hawks would move Smith to save money, by taking on Frye and Gortat is actually COSTS them money. They would not do it. And again, trading Frye is an impossibility until his heart condition is cleared.

    And I think after watching him for the last month you guys should have figured out that Beasley does not figure into either a running offense or a high scoring offense. The guy freezes the ball and runs ISO, thats it. Beasley's preferred system is more of a walking and bricking scheme.

    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. And once again its sheer opinion no way to prove it fails or not.

    And actually Wes has a lot of value as an expiring 4million. Dudley and Wes for Wilson Chandler.
    How could I not be more wrong? About what part? The Suns should NOT be giving up picks right now. The Toronto pick OKC owns is HUGELY valuable and the Suns would be idiots to not make it their top priority in an OKC trade. OKCs own pick is might as well be a 2nd rounder, Perry Jones has an uphill battle to do anything in this league. Your trade is basically Gortat, Dudley and a Suns future 1st for Jeremy Lamb and Perkins bad contract. That is absolutely awful return for the Suns most valuable trade piece.

    And a 4 million expiring does not hold much value. Big expiring are worth a lot, but 4 million isnt going to land much of anything, and the Wolves had to pair him with a 1st to give him away... while he was an expiring contract. Wes has no trade value.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 11-23-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdills13 View Post
    dudley and 2 1st for chandler I Dont Give A F------ . if we had a team of

    Dragic/Telfair
    Chandler/Browm
    Beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Keif
    ?/Oneal

    Dwight would be a fool not to come to AZ with his Best Friend get a MAX deal. be the MANN!!! which he will never be while kobe is around! then a team like that would compete and win titles! all young, under long term contract! we would set the record for blocks in a year with smith and Howard..

    Make it happen front office. and even if Dwight doesnt come, pay bynum money or oden money, get our training staff to fix them up! and lets go!!
    I also would not mind Kyle Korver. Imagine Korver off the bench camping the 3 point line while Dwight gets double and triple teamed .

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    would you guys take that trade:
    okc trade perkins,lamb,dallas pick,okc pick
    suns trade gortat and dudley

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC View Post
    would you guys take that trade:
    okc trade perkins,lamb,dallas pick,okc pick
    suns trade gortat and dudley

    Swap in the Toronto pick for one of the other 2 and yes, I'd like the deal for the Suns.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,765
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, what Phrazbit said. If you change the OKC pick for the Toronto pick and we added a second rounder then it would be a nice deal.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    not giving up the raptors pick, add perry jones.
    take it?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,765
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sure it wouldn't be out of the question but we'd hopefully push for the Raptors pick. We could swap it for the Memphis or Lakers first rounder which would be more fair.

    Fact is that we have something of value to you and you have something of value to the Suns. No point in us taking on Perkins just for Lamb and a couple of late 1st rounders when that doesn't help us in any huge way. You get that athletic C you'd like to push you to a championship, we should get something as impactful in return, eg. a lotto pick.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •