Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gortat Rumors

vCash

Gortat Rumors

On hoopshype.com Says Celtics,Bulls,Orlando are very very interested in gortat.
    I cant think of anything they can really offer for us unless we got like...

BULLS-Noah and a 2nd round (wont happen)

Celtics- I see nothing

Magic-affalo and a pick. Even though his contract isnt that nice.

All in all I just dont see a upside to any of these teams
    Last edited by AEWyatt7; 11-19-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: lil more thought

vCash
    I agree. I can't see the FO trading Gortat unless it involves a young star or lottery picks.

vCash
    I think the Bulls would be wanting to pair Gortat and Noah together if they were calling.

While I think trading him at the deadline could be a good move I doubt he gets traded. We've gone too long without a legit C and he's playing too well. I just don't see our FO doing it.

vCash
    I agree with both of you guys, just now im getting more links so does that mean Suns are shopping and spread whispers they will move him? Or is this just hyped media and rumors

vCash
    Just saw in the PSD NBA Forum what Gortat actually said (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=780886). If Gortat did say these things about Gentry, maybe a trade is on the horizon. It's never good when a player openly criticises his coach.

vCash
    Bulls would definitely be interested in Gortat, but only if they retain both Rose/Noah. Deng could probably be had if Dudley & Gortat come back in the deal.

I think a Gibson/+ for Gortat would make sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Bulls would definitely be interested in Gortat, but only if they retain both Rose/Noah. Deng could probably be had if Dudley & Gortat come back in the deal.

I think a Gibson/+ for Gortat would make sense
    After Chicago gave Gibson the new contract, I no longer have interest. Too much money and I'd rather get young cheap players and/or picks and continue to allow us to search for a star in the draft otherwise.
    I'm completely OK with no Noah.

If we got Deng, I'd rather use him in a future trade rather than hanging onto him for salary reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I think the Bulls would be wanting to pair Gortat and Noah together if they were calling.

While I think trading him at the deadline could be a good move I doubt he gets traded. We've gone too long without a legit C and he's playing too well. I just don't see our FO doing it.

For a team struggling, and knowing that Gortat will command well over 10mil per year on his next deal, I don't think it pays to hang onto him. He's peaked. We know what he will give us.

Also, I thought I read someone say yesterday that we offered an extension through 2014-2015 and he wanted no part of it.
    I can understand he'll want a long extension but it's gonna be risky soon to hang onto him.
    If we're losing, what's the point of not getting max value now, before it starts going down again like last season.

vCash
    I posted in the FA, I wonder if we could pull off maybe like a Gortat and wesley/pick for monroe and prince? I havent looked at contracts I dont if this would go through.

Or maybe a gortat for Perkins and lamb?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AEWyatt7 View Post
    I posted in the FA, I wonder if we could pull off maybe like a Gortat and wesley/pick for monroe and prince? I havent looked at contracts I dont if this would go through.

Or maybe a gortat for Perkins and lamb?
    Monroe isn't going anywhere unless you have someone the caliber if Hibbert. They are too high on him.

The latter deal makes more sense.

vCash
    I desperately want to wake up and log on to twitter and see the following from Coro, Woj and the rest of the NBA insiders:

BREAKING NEWS: Suns trade Gortat, Dudley, Johnson, PHX 1st rd lotto protected through 2014, LAL 1st rd top 20 protected for Perkins, Lamb, PJIII and OKC 1st rd.

2013 off-season
    Dragic/Marshall
    Brown/Lamb
    Beasley/PJIII/Tucker
    Scola/Kieff
    Perkins/Frye

And plenty of cap space. We can cut Brown or keep him depending on whats available or what the plan is.
    Last edited by mdm692; 11-20-2012 at 01:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I desperately want to wake up and log on to twitter and see the following from Coro, Woj and the rest of the NBA insiders:

BREAKING NEWS: Suns trade Gortat, Dudley, Johnson, PHX 1st rd lotto protected through 2014, LAL 1st rd top 20 protected for Perkins, Lamb, PJIII and OKC 1st rd.

2013 off-season
    Dragic/Marshall
    Brown/Lamb
    Beasley/PJIII/Tucker
    Scola/Kieff
    Perkins/Frye

And plenty of cap space. We can cut Brown or keep him depending on whats available or what the plan is.
    Take out our pick and OKCs pick and I like it a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Take out our pick and OKCs pick and I like it a lot.
    Same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post

2013 off-season
    Dragic/Marshall
    Brown/Lamb
    Beasley/PJIII/Tucker
    Scola/Kieff
    Perkins/Frye

We are giving up way too much man. We don't have to give OKC ANY draft picks and we should be getting the Raptors 1st rd pick not OKC's first rd pick.

You have to realize that PJIII has absolutely no value. The guy was almost drafted in the 2nd round and he has shown nothing and hasn't even been able to earn playing time for OKC in the regular season.

Perkins has negative trade value for a team like us. He has a big contract and he's an undersized useless center. He may be a good fit for a title contender but not for us.

Let me re do that trade for you:

Suns trade Gortat, Dudley, Wes, Frye for Perkins, Lamb, PJIII, and the Toronto 1st rd pick they acquired.

That way we give them one bad contract (Frye) for another (Perkins) and the trade still works (I believe)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    We are giving up way too much man. We don't have to give OKC ANY draft picks and we should be getting the Raptors 1st rd pick not OKC's first rd pick.

You have to realize that PJIII has absolutely no value. The guy was almost drafted in the 2nd round and he has shown nothing and hasn't even been able to earn playing time for OKC in the regular season.

Perkins has negative trade value for a team like us. He has a big contract and he's an undersized useless center. He may be a good fit for a title contender but not for us.

Let me re do that trade for you:

Suns trade Gortat, Dudley, Wes, Frye for Perkins, Lamb, PJIII, and the Toronto 1st rd pick they acquired.

That way we give them one bad contract (Frye) for another (Perkins) and the trade still works (I believe)
    For once we agree... at least on the 1st part.

But your trade goes too far the other way. Especially in asking them to take on Frye's worthless contract. OKC shipped off Harden to avoid paying a big luxury tax, by taking on Gortat and Frye they'd be shelling out more money that it would have cost them to retain Harden AND you have them giving up everything they got in the Harden trade. There is not a chance they'd go for it.

And seriously, if you guys want to have realistic discussion of potential trades then leave Frye out of it. There is no way in hell someone will take him right now given his medical status, not a freaking chance. This is not an ACL injury, the guy has a career threatening heart condition and given the liability questions there isnt a team that would touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I doubt OKC will do another major shake-up so soon, but if they are still a step behind the elite by January then I think a Gortat & Dudley for Perkins, Lamb and 2 picks (one being Toronto's) would be feasible.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast