Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    also al saunders is nice, but i would like a fresh face come and and be OC. Andy Reid wont happen. he is most likely imo going to take a year or two off to grief about his son and come back and fall into a good team and be HC. He is a GREAT HC but just in a bad spot. Mike vick is terrible and there is too much Ego on that team to coach. Andy reid isn't going to be anything but a HC.
    Reid is an amazing coach. Unbelievable he's being held accountable. And lockeroom with egos like Desan Jackson's and Rodgers Cromartie is going to be in shambles. Oh yeah and there Oline is an embarresment

vCash
    Oh yeah and Mike Holgrem (the walrus) wants to get back to coaching. Doubt he's take an OC job for the Raiders. He said he wants to be HC of Dallas. But boy would it be great having a coach of his caliber.. But back to the question. Definitely Saunders over Knapp
    Last edited by NYRaiderLove; 11-20-2012 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersKing44 View Post
    The beginning of the year the defense was doing pretty good. Why because they believed in what the coaches where doing. And thought that they would score alot on offense then they seen that was not the case. And started giving up and not trying plan and simple Knapps stupid play calling like going with a pass with 1 yard to go to first down and failing or how predictable his calls are.
    Yes the offense keeps letting them down by not scoring touchdowns. Don't get me wrong our Defense lacks talent in key areas but the offense kept us in games last year by scoring TDs. We need a better play caller regardless of scheme. #insanelypredictable

vCash
    I think Knapp is a guy like Brian Schottenheimer, Norv Turner and Wade Phillips. Everyone knows it won't work, but he gets the job anyway... for reasons unknown.

Knapp hasn't been good anywhere he's gone. San Fran? Nah. Atlanta? Nah. Oakland? Nah. Seattle? Nah. Oakland (x2)? Nah.

When push comes to shove, sometimes it really is as simple as coaching.

He came in, laid the ground-work for a WCO with ZBS; fair enough. I'm sure there are plenty of other coaches who will run a similar system with similar terminology and similar techniques - I'm sure they're available to be hired, if DA decides to move on from Knapp.

I don't disagree with the Houston model of offense. It works. Zone running worked for years with John Fox in Carolina; it's working pretty well in Denver with Fox / Manning; it worked for Shanny in Denver, and it's working in Washington - before Griffin; it works in Houston; it worked in Minnesota and Jacksonville, as well.

I tend to think the 'system' is fine, but the personnel is no good. In regards to Knapp, there's only so many times a guy can fail before you start to wonder if it's the players or the coaching - especially since Seattle's run offense took off after Knapp got the boot.

I can think of a coach who's familiar with the Knapp system, familiar with Oakland, familiar with - and very highly regarded with - the zone scheme and would be taking a promotion to be an offensive coordinator... but I won't mention his name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I think Knapp is a guy like Brian Schottenheimer, Norv Turner and Wade Phillips. Everyone knows it won't work, but he gets the job anyway... for reasons unknown.

Knapp hasn't been good anywhere he's gone. San Fran? Nah. Atlanta? Nah. Oakland? Nah. Seattle? Nah. Oakland (x2)? Nah.

He came in, laid the ground-work for a WCO with ZBS; fair enough. I'm sure there are plenty of other coaches who will run a similar system with similar terminology and similar techniques - I'm sure they're available to be hired, if DA decides to move on from Knapp.

I don't disagree with the Houston model of offense. It works. Zone running worked for years with John Fox in Carolina; it's working pretty well in Denver with Fox / Manning; it worked for Shanny in Denver, and it's working in Washington - before Griffin; it works in Houston; it worked in Minnesota and Jacksonville, as well.

I tend to think the 'system' is fine, but the personnel is no good. In regards to Knapp, there's only so many times a guy can fail before you start to wonder if it's the players or the coaching - especially since Seattle's run offense took off after Knapp got the boot.

I can think of a coach who's familiar with the Knapp system, familiar with Oakland, familiar with - and very highly regarded with - the zone scheme and would be taking a promotion to be an offensive coordinator... but I won't mention his name.
    It can't be that simple where all we have to do is get rid of Knapp and we're off to the races.Are you going to to keep bringing in OC's until it's successful that first year because that's not gonna happen. Over the last 10+ years this organization has established nothing except how to blow a game ,play sloppy penalty ridden football and end up 8-8 or worse,we did that with ,Norv Turner,Art Shell,Kiffin ,Cable and Jackson and to a coach I'm certain each one would tell you "If we had a GM or more of a say in who we drafted and signed as free agents the result would have been different". Well now we're doing it the right way and to the "average" football fan it's the worst idea possible because they want instant results and have no patience.........this is a bad team trying to dig it's way out of a 10 year hole!

vCash
    There is plenty of other coaches that use the same scheme as. Knapp and would be better for us doesn't have to be any change except replacing Knapp. I like the ZBS when it is called right i as have many watched. Knapp over the years try his stuff where did it get him canned and the teams nowhere. If we do keep him we will be here with the same discussion in 2016 that is why he was the QB coach in Houston and not OC.

vCash
    Pick your poison.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    It is Knapp that has to put Carson and the offense in the best position to succeed. And he hasn't yet his plays he deploys is predictable maybe if he would. Use two TE sets or more complex plays to confuse the defense. And help the WR's get open and separate it might have been a little different this year more wins.We have a better offense then some teams do if it is used right it will show.

vCash
    I think pushing Al Saunders in there will be a disaster he doesn't deserve.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    I'm not gonna lie we should of kept marshall at dc and kept saunders at oc we would be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Wade Philips hc wise doesn't work. but dc wise he does. look at houston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersKing44 View Post
    It is Knapp that has to put Carson and the offense in the best position to succeed. And he hasn't yet his plays he deploys is predictable maybe if he would. Use two TE sets or more complex plays to confuse the defense. And help the WR's get open and separate it might have been a little different this year more wins.We have a better offense then some teams do if it is used right it will show.
    I've been saying this all year Knapp just lacks the ability to call a smart football game. I watch him call them damn naked bootlegs off the playaction that continue to fail because he refuses to establish the run. He gets us in short yardage situations and refuses to run the ball. He is the biggest problem with the team. I say that because good teams have bad defensive squads all across the league yet they still win ball games. If we had a better O cordinator we would be a .500 football team easily. San Diego wek 1 and Tampa could've been wins with better playcalling on O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ifhmondays View Post
    I'm not gonna lie we should of kept marshall at dc and kept saunders at oc we would be better.
    That would've been awesome....

It's all good now though, only a year away. I am so much more concerned with firing half the team then firing anyone on the coaching staff. I'll judge this coaching staff accordingly when they blow it with a good roster, not a roster full of **** and *******.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    That would've been awesome....

It's all good now though, only a year away. I am so much more concerned with firing half the team then firing anyone on the coaching staff. I'll judge this coaching staff accordingly when they blow it with a good roster, not a roster full of **** and *******.
    Yep the roster is full of backups and guys that shouldn't be on NFL rosters. We have maybe 10 to 15 keepers and the rest are just plain bad.

vCash
    Sanders or Knapp? Neither.

Just got my tickets for the Dec 30th game in San Diego, after which Norv will be fired and free to come back home.
    A few minutes later, Lincoln Kennedy to Charles Woodson: “What are they reviewing? It was a fumble”.
    Greg Biekert to Kennedy and Woodson: “They’re going to overturn it because they’re taking too long and we’re the Raiders”.[
    SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast