Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Justin Hunter in Round 1. Forum explodes.
    Then followed by another RB in the 2nd round?

vCash
    Johnson: “I don’t know what the playoff picture is. I just keep on playing.”
    Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on November 20, 2012 – 4:45 pm

“Sunday’s loss hurt. Mainly because it puts us in an even deeper hole as far as looking forward to a postseason. With it being a divisional game, especially against a team that we had right where we wanted them late in fourth quarter, it hurt. A touchdown wins the game but we came out with a field goal.
    “Personally, I don’t know what the playoff picture is. I just keep on playing. That’s how I’ve been ever since I’ve been here. We’re 0-16, keep on grinding. That’s all I know to do, is grind.
    “It’s just part of you. It just is you or it’s not. You’ll see it on film. You can’t go out there and just lay an egg on film because everybody sees it. You don’t want to put yourself out there as the guy who’s going to lay it down when things aren’t going right. You have to be there. I want to be consistent, put it like that.
    “Competition each week is worth it all by itself – no doubt about it. Whether you play those guys again next year or whatever it may be, it’s on film. They’re going to remember that. There’s something to it.
    “Titus not being here – he’s been a distraction the last few weeks whether it being him just not being fully prepared or not showing up to things when we have things on the schedule – him not being there on time. It’s just him not being a professional, put it like that. Pointblank, simple.
    “I’m looking forward to Broyles getting a larger role. It’s been fun seeing him progress throughout the season coming off his ACL. Being a rookie and having been through that, seeing him come through the growing pains, he’s coming on up so it’s good to see that.
    “Mike (Thomas) has some experience so it will be good on Thursday to get him out there, somebody with some wheels as well as (Brian) Robiskie. Giving him a chance to earn a spot and get some plays. It’s going to be fun to play with these guys and be out there leading them along.
    “From the Texans, we expect a lot of cover one. It’s going to be put upon us on the outside to make some plays. Not all the time that what we see on film is what we get on Sunday. We see cover one on one day and we get to the game it will be cover two, cover six. It just all depends. But if we do get our one-on-one matchups, then we’re expected to win those and the game’s going to be on our shoulders.”
    jim schwartz“I’m just glad that the third-best receiver on their team is on our team,” .

vCash
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing Robiskie the most. I don't see why him and Thomas don't split the reps, but even if they don't, Robiskie should see some. We signed him for 2 years and apparently he has great hands, and the size (6'4) and some speed lol so hopefully we see him. I'd love to see Broyles step up with a 100+ yard game or one of Robiskie and Thomas to step up big, just to show Titus there's other guys who can do better than he's been doing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bduke11 View Post
    Johnson: “I don’t know what the playoff picture is. I just keep on playing.”
    Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on November 20, 2012 – 4:45 pm

“Sunday’s loss hurt. Mainly because it puts us in an even deeper hole as far as looking forward to a postseason. With it being a divisional game, especially against a team that we had right where we wanted them late in fourth quarter, it hurt. A touchdown wins the game but we came out with a field goal.
    “Personally, I don’t know what the playoff picture is. I just keep on playing. That’s how I’ve been ever since I’ve been here. We’re 0-16, keep on grinding. That’s all I know to do, is grind.
    “It’s just part of you. It just is you or it’s not. You’ll see it on film. You can’t go out there and just lay an egg on film because everybody sees it. You don’t want to put yourself out there as the guy who’s going to lay it down when things aren’t going right. You have to be there. I want to be consistent, put it like that.
    “Competition each week is worth it all by itself – no doubt about it. Whether you play those guys again next year or whatever it may be, it’s on film. They’re going to remember that. There’s something to it.
    “Titus not being here – he’s been a distraction the last few weeks whether it being him just not being fully prepared or not showing up to things when we have things on the schedule – him not being there on time. It’s just him not being a professional, put it like that. Pointblank, simple.
    “I’m looking forward to Broyles getting a larger role. It’s been fun seeing him progress throughout the season coming off his ACL. Being a rookie and having been through that, seeing him come through the growing pains, he’s coming on up so it’s good to see that.
    “Mike (Thomas) has some experience so it will be good on Thursday to get him out there, somebody with some wheels as well as (Brian) Robiskie. Giving him a chance to earn a spot and get some plays. It’s going to be fun to play with these guys and be out there leading them along.
    “From the Texans, we expect a lot of cover one. It’s going to be put upon us on the outside to make some plays. Not all the time that what we see on film is what we get on Sunday. We see cover one on one day and we get to the game it will be cover two, cover six. It just all depends. But if we do get our one-on-one matchups, then we’re expected to win those and the game’s going to be on our shoulders.”
    are these all calvin quotes?

vCash
    yes
    jim schwartz“I’m just glad that the third-best receiver on their team is on our team,” .

vCash
    Bench him another week. Broyles played pretty well and had a big day stats wise. Let him have another go as the #2.

vCash
    I didn't miss young sr. At all. I say trade the fart, get what we can for him.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Wonder what kind of reception the hometown fans are going to give Titus if they start him next Sunday vs. IND? I'd say it's pretty likely that the entire stadium will boo his *** when they announce his name at player introductions.

vCash
    Calvin Johnson hinted that Titus Young's benching could be more than a one-week punishment.
    "I'm not saying it was due to (Young) being out," Johnson said of Thursday's success in the passing game. "But it was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays. We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group." Asked if Ryan Broyles and Mike Thomas would stay heavily involved, Johnson replied, "Yeah, no doubt." Young can be dropped in 12-team leagues.
    rotoworld

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    I can see Titus seeking a trade or something and not playing. But I really don't care. He honestly runs poor routes, is soft, and drops passes.

**** you

vCash
    Coach Jim Schwartz indicated that Titus Young is still not back with the team after his Week 12 suspension.
    Schwartz won't update Young's standing with the club until after practice one day this week. Calvin Johnson hinted last week that Young's benching could lead to a multi-week absence from the field. Ryan Broyles is the starter until we see evidence to the contrary.
    rotoworld

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    He's as good as gone imo. Especially if he misses this game. Broyles has passed him now, and I think that's why Mayhew traded for Thomas. Hopefully we can get something good for him, since the guy definitely has the skill to be a good WR.

vCash
    Broyles surprised me with his route running. He was putting on some damn good moves on Houstons DB's.

vCash
    In regards to Young, with only an avg rookie year on his resume, and a bad sophomore outing that was compounded with, what is starting to look like a Keyshawn permaban, can we even expect anything better than a 5th? And even then i'd take one heck of a gullible GM to do that.

I just think we're going to end up chalking this up in the 'loss' column and just have to suck it up and cut him before next year.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234