Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Pollards hit was wayyyyyyyy worse than that, we see hit like that all the freaken time, but its not like Roger has it out for Reed.

Other guys have been fined or suspended for hits similar so I dont get the outrage. Asante Samuel got fined for a similar hit last year and so did Dunta Robinson.

The problem is he's a repeat offender and with the new player protection program it makes sense. It's only one game they have a 2 game lead anyways no biggie.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I think he should donate his game check to my bank account.

vCash
    The hit on its own is just fine worthy...it's that Ed Reed has done this a few times recently. (past few years). Granted Ed Reed isn't a "dirty" player but it is hard to argue that the game has been under the microscope and concussions are one of the main complaints. They need to curb avoidable helmet to helmet hits. The fan base dislikes the "safety" overdrive focus but it has to be done.

Obviously injuries and concussions will exist in the game but it's the unnecessary ones that they're rightfully trying to eliminate.

I'm sure if Ryan Clark hit boldin or smith like that you'd be up in the air about it.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Players suspensions over fast paced football plays, overseas expansion to London?, international games, moving the kickoffs forward-possibly eliminating the kickoff, eliminating the 3 point stance, inability to even touch QBs without getting penalties

Hope more people see Goodell's agenda.. and its not for football fans. Hes all about the $

vCash
    Wow, after seeing the video I can't believe there is a suspension. Total ********. It didn't even look illegal or vicious.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    That's a half million dollar violation? Get out of here.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Roger Goodell, stepping up and making the hard decisions. The NFL is so fortunate to have a guy like that in the leadership position!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    He wasn't even headhunting like Harrison was when he hit Massaquoi.
    Neither was Harrison, for that matter.

Exhibit A

Massaquoi catches the pass. Notice how the top of his helmet is level with the top of the wall in the background. Also notice Harrison emerging from the left with both feet on the ground as the low man of the two.

Exhibit B

Notice now how Massaquoi is beginning to duck, and the top of his helmet is now almost a foot lower than the top of the wall in the background. Notice also how Harrison is still the low man, and still has both his feet on the ground.

Exhibit C

Here's the moment of impact. Notice how Massaquoi is basically curled up in the fetal position at this point, and the top of his helmet is just above the bottom of the wall now. In other words, Massaquoi ducked into the hit, and his head has to be a good two feet lower than it initially was. Notice also how Harrison's right arm is wrapped around Massaquoi's back, which means that he wrapped up to make the tackle as he should have, and that both of his feet are still on the ground, which means that he did not launch.

It's perfectly possible to line up a target to tackle, only to have the target drop at the last moment. That's not head-hunting, and quite frankly I'm getting sick and tired of people pretending it is.

With this all made perfectly clear, I honestly wasn't expecting Ed Reed to get suspended for a game, and I still think that it's all an overreaction by the league, considering only 1% of all former NFL players suffer complications from concussions in retirement.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    This is a ****ing joke.

And I don't even like Ed Reed.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Roger Goodell, stepping up and making the hard decisions. The NFL is so fortunate to have a guy like that in the leadership position!
    I should note that there was one team that voted against the collective bargaining agreement that gave Roger Goodell unilateral disciplinary powers. It's just too bad that everybody sneered at the team that did it. Those other 31 teams deserve whatever Goodell gives them.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

vCash
    That's ****ing ridiculous, Roger needs to GTFO and quit ruining football. No malicious intent there, this defenseless WR **** needs to go too.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    It's a ****ing joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    #FreeEdReed

I'm joining this movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Why hasn't Ryan Clark been suspend?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Why hasn't Ryan Clark been suspend?
    Because Victor Cruz' ribs aren't in his head.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast