Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Ed Reed supended

One game without pay for violating rule of hitting defenseless receiver in neck area.

per adam schefter

vCash
    This was inevitable

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    I wonder where all the Steelers homers that cry about Goodell only punishing them are.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    This is such a joke, Gooddell needs to GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    ****in bull ****. this is why i hate goodell. I'm not even a Ravens fan and I'm pissed off about this. He wasn't even headhunting like Harrison was when he hit Massaquoi. **** this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    He wasn't even headhunting like Harrison was when he hit Massaquoi.
    Neither was Harrison, for that matter.

Exhibit A

Massaquoi catches the pass. Notice how the top of his helmet is level with the top of the wall in the background. Also notice Harrison emerging from the left with both feet on the ground as the low man of the two.

Exhibit B

Notice now how Massaquoi is beginning to duck, and the top of his helmet is now almost a foot lower than the top of the wall in the background. Notice also how Harrison is still the low man, and still has both his feet on the ground.

Exhibit C

Here's the moment of impact. Notice how Massaquoi is basically curled up in the fetal position at this point, and the top of his helmet is just above the bottom of the wall now. In other words, Massaquoi ducked into the hit, and his head has to be a good two feet lower than it initially was. Notice also how Harrison's right arm is wrapped around Massaquoi's back, which means that he wrapped up to make the tackle as he should have, and that both of his feet are still on the ground, which means that he did not launch.

It's perfectly possible to line up a target to tackle, only to have the target drop at the last moment. That's not head-hunting, and quite frankly I'm getting sick and tired of people pretending it is.

With this all made perfectly clear, I honestly wasn't expecting Ed Reed to get suspended for a game, and I still think that it's all an overreaction by the league, considering only 1% of all former NFL players suffer complications from concussions in retirement.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Anyone got video of this?

vCash
    he'll be back just in time to face them again! **** this might actually help him heal; up, so it may be a blessing in disguise
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    he'll be back just in time to face them again! **** this might actually help him heal; up, so it may be a blessing in disguise

vCash
    JUSTICE! EQUALITY! A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    nevermind...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    JUSTICE! EQUALITY! A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

nevermind...
    well how is it not justice? he's still missing a game and a game check.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Bs.

vCash
    Abso****inlutely bull****inshit.

I'm livid over this ****.

This suspension better be overturned. If it isn't, the NFL offices will have a fedex box of a hot heap of PK's ****.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Abso****inlutely bull****inshit.

I'm livid over this ****.

This suspension better be overturned. If it isn't, the NFL offices will have a fedex box of a hot heap of PK's ****.
    I think twerking would be a better message.

As for Reed, saw the hit. Technically it's illegal but it wasn't like his hit on Branch earlier this season but still, the rules are rules and he violated the rule again and has to suffer the consequences.

vCash
    Ed Reed's one-game suspension without pay will cost him $423,529.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast