Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,701
    vCash
    1500

    Snoop Dog wants to buy a share in Celtic...

    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...celtic?cc=5901

    After watching highlights of them beating Barca he's interested in buying a stake of the team lol
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    43,297
    vCash
    1675
    Snoop Dogg does. What about Snoop Lion?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    well, that will be cheap for him, and success is insured for 3 more years, until rangers make their way back................ boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,701
    vCash
    1500
    the same Rangers team that wants to go to the EPL now instead of the SPL again.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    the same Rangers team that wants to go to the EPL now instead of the SPL again.
    Well, it would be well served to the scottish league if they bolted to premiere.
    It was absurd they relegated them.


    All that said, ive been thining for a LONG time, that all the leagues in the Uk + Ireland should merge into one.
    It would benefit the overall level.
    and mid term it would benefit actually the national teams from scotland the irelands and wales.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Well, it would be well served to the scottish league if they bolted to premiere.
    It was absurd they relegated them.


    All that said, ive been thining for a LONG time, that all the leagues in the Uk + Ireland should merge into one.
    It would benefit the overall level.
    and mid term it would benefit actually the national teams from scotland the irelands and wales.
    that'd just be to many teams i think....and then how many do you have qualify for Champions League...it just messes things up.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    that'd just be to many teams i think....and then how many do you have qualify for Champions League...it just messes things up.
    not at all.

    You would have to modify the lower divisions and use the system that happens in spain/germany/italy

    where the third tier does not have 1 group of teams but 4 groups of 20 and then theres a promotion battle among 3 or 4 highest ranked in each group, the fourth tier has even more groups etc.

    as for the merge itself.

    celtic/rangers/ directly into epl
    hearts/aberdeen/Hibernians/ into the first division.
    the top teams from Wales, and the irelands into the new second division.
    And so on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,305
    vCash
    1500
    Hellcrooner, your ideas make sense from an objective point of view, but the fact is its exceedingly unlikely to ever happen. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland would never risk the likliehood that if all the British teams played in a combined league system that FIFA and UEFA would seek a united national team.

    Rangers and Celtic have desires for the EPL money, the rest of Scottish football wishes they would go, but the English teams don't want them or the possible troubles that come with them. Personally I think Rangers and Celtic need to face the fact that they are not going anywhere anytime soon, if ever.

    The 3rd division in Scotland isn't so bad for Rangers, other than the lack of talent, technique, fitness and finesse. So like the SPL only less stamina. But its an opportunity to completely rebuild in a model sustainable within the Scottish system and should lead to league reconstruction that has been badly needed.
    Last edited by miller; 11-20-2012 at 09:32 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    ^ doubt fifa would seek that, specially when for example in basketball theres the adriatic league that comprise several teams from the different ex yugoslavia countrys, and fiba is doing nothing of the kind.

    Then we got the fact that scotland may very well become an independent country very soon and ireland already is one..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    ^ doubt fifa would seek that, specially when for example in basketball theres the adriatic league that comprise several teams from the different ex yugoslavia countrys, and fiba is doing nothing of the kind.

    Then we got the fact that scotland may very well become an independent country very soon and ireland already is one..
    There are allegedly FIFA/UEFA members who really don't like the idea that one country counts as 4 seperate members and would seek to use the united league system as the precendent to attempt to force them to come under the same umbrella. Its a genuine fear that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have hence why even after assurances from FIFA were still uninterested in helping the FA with the Olympic Team GB.

    Fiba is an interesting example, but I'm guessing they are run far better than the corruption, self interest and incompetence of almost any football authority.

    PS Scotland is about as likely to become independent in 2014 as we are to win the World Cup. They can show Braveheart every night on TV and it still won't change it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    There are allegedly FIFA/UEFA members who really don't like the idea that one country counts as 4 seperate members and would seek to use the united league system as the precendent to attempt to force them to come under the same umbrella. Its a genuine fear that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have hence why even after assurances from FIFA were still uninterested in helping the FA with the Olympic Team GB.

    Fiba is an interesting example, but I'm guessing they are run far better than the corruption, self interest and incompetence of almost any football authority.

    PS Scotland is about as likely to become independent in 2014 as we are to win the World Cup. They can show Braveheart every night on TV and it still won't change it.
    I dont know, when i was there a while back ( Edinburgh, Iverness etc) i got the impression people really wants independence, theres some historic reasons that back up the claim solidly ( as opposed to the ridiculous pretensions from Cataluņa, Galizica and Basque country in spain).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    I dont know, when i was there a while back ( Edinburgh, Iverness etc) i got the impression people really wants independence, theres some historic reasons that back up the claim solidly ( as opposed to the ridiculous pretensions from Cataluņa, Galizica and Basque country in spain).
    current polls have it about 60% against leaving the union. I think Constitutionally it would need about 60-70+% in favour of independence for a mandate to leave the union. The SNP government is really looking to get more control to the devolved parliament in Edinburgh away from Westminster in London. They see this as an opportunity to show that although Scots are not in favour of breaking away that they are very much in favour of more power handed over to the Scottish Parliament. Which would be good in my opinion, but independence would be disastrous.

    This discussion got a little sidetracked from Snoop looking at buying in at Celtic haha....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jolly Old England
    Posts
    24,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Well, it would be well served to the scottish league if they bolted to premiere.
    It was absurd they relegated them.


    All that said, ive been thining for a LONG time, that all the leagues in the Uk + Ireland should merge into one.
    It would benefit the overall level.
    and mid term it would benefit actually the national teams from scotland the irelands and wales.
    I agree that all the leagues in the UK should be united. I don't think the Republic of Ireland should though, since that is a completely independent country now.

    I would have all the clubs play in the same league system, but have the FA cup only available to English clubs, the Scottish cup only available to Scottish clubs and the same with Wales and Northern Ireland having their own knockout tournies. That way each country would still maintain some kind of independent competition, while all four countries would benefit from the lucrative Premier League.

    People always say that the Premier League would kill Celtic and Rangers but I disagree. I think as soon as they had a year or two of the Premier League's money, plus the better shirt and stadium sponsorship deals they'd get, they could be right up there competing with the big English clubs. Same for teams like Hearts and Motherwell in the Championship too.

    The only problem is how it would be integrated into the lower leagues. A lot of current teams would be pushed down the pyramid to account for the extra teams (this would suck for me as a Bury fan) and it could financially destroy a lot of clubs.

    Maybe just have the Premier League and Championship for all UK clubs, and change the League One play-offs to also play games against lower divisions from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. This way teams from all countries would have a chance of getting into the top two divisions, but would still have to do it on merit.

    Sorry for the essay But this is something that I think would benefit the UK as a whole. It's no wonder these other countries hate England when we get so much of the pie

    Also, I can't see FIFA trying to force us to play as Great Britain. I can't see the benefit of FIFA doing that.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I agree that all the leagues in the UK should be united. I don't think the Republic of Ireland should though, since that is a completely independent country now.

    I would have all the clubs play in the same league system, but have the FA cup only available to English clubs, the Scottish cup only available to Scottish clubs and the same with Wales and Northern Ireland having their own knockout tournies. That way each country would still maintain some kind of independent competition, while all four countries would benefit from the lucrative Premier League.

    People always say that the Premier League would kill Celtic and Rangers but I disagree. I think as soon as they had a year or two of the Premier League's money, plus the better shirt and stadium sponsorship deals they'd get, they could be right up there competing with the big English clubs. Same for teams like Hearts and Motherwell in the Championship too.

    The only problem is how it would be integrated into the lower leagues. A lot of current teams would be pushed down the pyramid to account for the extra teams (this would suck for me as a Bury fan) and it could financially destroy a lot of clubs.

    Maybe just have the Premier League and Championship for all UK clubs, and change the League One play-offs to also play games against lower divisions from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. This way teams from all countries would have a chance of getting into the top two divisions, but would still have to do it on merit.

    Sorry for the essay But this is something that I think would benefit the UK as a whole. It's no wonder these other countries hate England when we get so much of the pie

    Also, I can't see FIFA trying to force us to play as Great Britain. I can't see the benefit of FIFA doing that.
    Few teams need to be relegated.
    Maybe two extra teams in a season relegated from EPL to Championship and 4 extra teams from Division 1 to the new division 2.

    with the Spanish/German/italian system the new division 2 would have 80 teams divided in 4 groups, thats where you integreate the bulk of teams from the other countries.

    How does that division 2 promotivon work.

    well in spain it goes like this.

    the top team in each of the four group plays against other group champions.
    the two teams that win the match up get promoted to the superior division.
    the 12 teams ranked 2,3,4 in each group are matched against other groups 2, 3,4 teams, the 6 winners and the two losers from the champions match up get to play three extra rounds, the last 2 standing get promoted too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •