62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hire Gruden

35 56.45%
  • Keep Allen

27 43.55%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Oh Gees, what has Al done for us lately....
    Like Jesus, he died... so that we may live.

Unlike Jesus, he (hopefully) ain't coming back.

vCash
    The moment we didnt promote al saunders and hired knapp i knew we were screwed.

vCash
    DA not ready... We're worse than ever
    [

vCash
    I feel that we have to be patient. Give Allen another season at least, let hima and McKenzie figure this out. Rome wasn't built in a day.

vCash
    ^^ Naw, lets get it right, Fire just one more coach and hire Gruden, give Gruden and RM time to work it out.. I feel comfortable letting a proven coach have time than a rookie coach.
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    ^^ Naw, lets get it right, Fire just one more coach and hire Gruden, give Gruden and RM time to work it out.. I feel comfortable letting a proven coach have time than a rookie coach.
    I can't say it does not sound enticing, I would be lying if I did. That being said I have to use the ol' cliche: 'continuity'. We need it, they need it. The Raiders can't stay with the revolving coach them that has plagued us over the last decade. It is neither a viable nor logical way to operate a successful franchise. It is time to stabilize the ship and quit rocking it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Sure, lets fire Allen and send him with a bone in his teeth to San Diego.

No, ten games is not near enough time to evaluate a head coaches potential. Gruden was colorful but overrated, without Rich Gannon its doubtful he would have enjoyed the fleeting success that he did.
    Jackson had one season so should da .he is not hc material!!lmao should have let hue stay one more season with a new dc but no so this is what we get.

vCash
    Some things to consider :

Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson had terrible first seasons. Buddy Ryan had a great first season.

Yeah, I'm grasping at straws. What else have I got left, lol?

Suck it up, people. Dennis Allen returns for the 2013 season, hopefully with a brand new set of skills he learned after a disastrous rookie campaign.

Hopefully, he brings a kick-*** rookie class, a few more thrifty but contributing free-agents and a brand new set of coordinators with him...

*ETA - No, actually, Buddy Ryan had a terrible first season.
    Last edited by Shred003; 11-26-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Buddy Ryan; facts and such.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Some things to consider :

Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson had terrible first seasons. Buddy Ryan had a great first season.

Yeah, I'm grasping at straws. What else have I got left, lol?

Suck it up, people. Dennis Allen returns for the 2013 season, hopefully with a brand new set of skills he learned after a disastrous rookie campaign.

Hopefully, he brings a kick-*** rookie class, a few more thrifty but contributing free-agents and a brand new set of coordinators with him...

*ETA - No, actually, Buddy Ryan had a terrible first season.
    No, I don't believe you are grasping at straws. Dennis Allen is a rookie head coach, there is a learning curve. It isn't as though Reggie McKenzie was the lone ranger on the guy, after another season in Denver he may have landed in Philly for the 2013 campaign. I believe in the guy and I believe in what Reggie is trying to do.

I also believe that Knapp and Tarver will stay, the irony is that I really miss Tommy Cable, he was a great OL coach and could really help this transition.

vCash
    Our defense is horrible and we have a Defensive minded head coach???? he made a huge mistake bringing in knapp, he should of known what kind of talent we had on offense and worked around that rather than trying to install what he wanted. This season is done I am ready to see if TP can become an NFL QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I can't say it does not sound enticing, I would be lying if I did. That being said I have to use the ol' cliche: 'continuity'. We need it, they need it. The Raiders can't stay with the revolving coach them that has plagued us over the last decade. It is neither a viable nor logical way to operate a successful franchise. It is time to stabilize the ship and quit rocking it.
    so lets see..based on that we would be champions now if we stayed with Art Shell #2 and the bed and breakfast guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    RM no experience as a GM.

DA no experience as an HC.

Tarver was never even a C.

Only guy with experience was Knapp. And that was bad for us.

I guess we just sit back and hope these guys are able to get their **** together.

May as well bring Art Shell back.

Sooner or later these guys are going to run out of excuses.
    4 years later Obama was still blaming bush.........uh oh....does that mean another 4 bad raider years, and some of the posters will still be blaming Al.

vCash
    amazing Dennis Allen is not only 3-8...but we have looked like a high school team in last 4 games...yet he has 25 votes to Gruden's 32..chucky the most popular raider coach since John madden.....I guess incumbents do REALLY have the advantage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    No, I don't believe you are grasping at straws. Dennis Allen is a rookie head coach, there is a learning curve. It isn't as though Reggie McKenzie was the lone ranger on the guy, after another season in Denver he may have landed in Philly for the 2013 campaign. I believe in the guy and I believe in what Reggie is trying to do.

I also believe that Knapp and Tarver will stay, the irony is that I really miss Tommy Cable, he was a great OL coach and could really help this transition.
    not trying to be funny but what is it about da that has so many people with a man crush!denvers defense looks better then when he coached them last year!i know you guys are hoping he is the next bill belichic,im just not sold on a little boy leading a group of men!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterness View Post
    not trying to be funny but what is it about da that has so many people with a man crush!denvers defense looks better then when he coached them last year!i know you guys are hoping he is the next bill belichic,im just not sold on a little boy leading a group of men!
    Of course Denver's defense looks better, they are playing with a lead and not on the field for 35 minutes per game.

Peyton Manning's impact on not only offensive production but defensive performance cannot be overstated.

Look at the 2010-2011 Colts defensive efforts if you don't believe me.

That said, Allen did a good job with them in 2011 and would have looked even better in 2012, he would have undoubtedly landed a head coaching job somewhere for 2013.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast