62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hire Gruden

35 56.45%
  • Keep Allen

27 43.55%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    i like chucky as a coach, but we overrate him. hes going to want to have personnel power and he proved he sucks at that in tampa. he had zero personnel power in oakland. bill walsh, jimmie johnson, bellicheck all had bad records their 1st years. dennis allen is in his first year lol. the raiders cap was a mess of EPIC proportions. reggie is going to take it slow. alot of the impatient fans are going to feel stupid 2-3 years down the road when the raiders are finally built the right way. on judging allen ill give him at least to next year. Reggie will get this team right in max 3 years. hopefully by then when the team is built though, the raiders have their franchise qb developed, which is kind of why i would want a qb in the third.
    Got you good points and you do like Chucky as a coach that is all im saying the man can get the job done but i feel you on his need for power and how that could be a problem but I'll take that over the problems we have now hey i can dream can't i ? Chucky is besides madden my favorite coach of all time so im bias i know just have to hope Allen gets better.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    Could not have said it better myself everything but keeping Allen only because it would be a lot to ask him to move down from head coach but boy are you right on the money with the rest of what you said unfortunately we don't have the people with the balls in the front office to pull it off unless Mark is more pissed off then we all think Allen will be here pride and the need to be right is getting in the way of what clearly needs to be done R M is set on keeping Allen as much as it hurts me to say this we better get behind him and hope some kind of way he can turn this horror of a mess around.
    I think no one has considered maybe chucky would accept a offensive coordinator position. The guys already got paid big time. And at this point in his career him might like being able to focus just on offense.
    Chucky lighting the flame then later mark Davis has a heart to heart with DA and RM, about regression ( you think him might be implying knapp sucks.)

vCash
    I want a Coach who actually has head Coaching experience. Not no Rookie Coach.
    This team needs a leader.
    IMO D.A is not the answer, i think he lost this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider _Z View Post
    I think no one has considered maybe chucky would accept a offensive coordinator position. The guys already got paid big time. And at this point in his career him might like being able to focus just on offense.
    Chucky lighting the flame then later mark Davis has a heart to heart with DA and RM, about regression ( you think him might be implying knapp sucks.)
    lol stevie wonder can see the man sucks and i was all ready to chat the nick name i had for him when he was good from the lyrics of the great trick daddy (You don't know knapp) lol but it turns out none of us knows knapp he is horrible.Mark is are only hope if Chucky is to return to the raiders R M will not make the move but maybe just maybe Mark has some of his father in him and can see you can't lose your way into greatness not like this if you lose with heart and effort that is one thing you can build off of that but to have a team quit on you that is something a coach may never recover from and is not the way to start the rebuilding process that is what a lot of people don't understand their is a way to lose and this is not it with no heart and no guts Allen and if he is not careful R M will find out that the nfl stands for not for very long if they keep on this path you have to win over the players no matter who is on the team or this will repeat it's self next year no matter who we get.
    Last edited by Raiderx510; 11-20-2012 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov0 View Post
    I want a Coach who actually has head Coaching experience. Not no Rookie Coach.
    This team needs a leader.
    IMO D.A is not the answer, i think he lost this team
    Amen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silrdr06 View Post
    No its not relative. I want Superbowl victories not appearances....only losers count those. Its like getting a participation award
    I was not counting those, merely pointing out that futility has been fairly consistent for the entire AFC West.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    With all the offers Gruden has received from so many teams it may be difficult to get him back to Oakland. What? He hasn't had a single offer from any team? Really? Golly I wonder why.

vCash
    The NFL is about cash, not Championships.

Gruden =`s a lot of cash

Allen & Co =`s a lot of empty seats very soon.

We demand a smart football team, yet we`re stuck on 1 + 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Ayo jackwagon, I'm just the reporter on this situation. I saw people posting about bringing back Chucky and people standing up for Allen.

That's what this place is for, opinions. All i wanted was to see Raider fan's opinions. To be honest, I thought this is a great topic. Look at the results, 50/50.

IMO, I would love to have Gruden as the head coach, but it won't happen. I believe if a guy is wearing Raider gear and attending games and backing the organization 100%, even after the mess that followed him, that he is a great fit for our organization. The guy is obviously a Raider lover. I also believe in stability at the head coach position and I am behind Allen, just not all the coaches on his staff. I would like to see what Allen will do next year and this year was a mulligan for him. I also liked Hue, but he got axed and I can't change the past. I would've stuck with Hue, but Allen's not bad either.
    then why the **** would you post this?!?

EVERYONE has said for years this same ****ing thing. "Can we get Gruden? What about Gruden? Hey! You know this guy named Gruden? They even used to call him 'Chucky'. How about some more Chucky in the hole??"

Even when Al was here people were out of their mind not just saying "I'd love Gruden back" but suggesting it possible.

"Hire Gruden, Fire Allen?" this is one of the lamest threads I've ever seen on any Raiders forum. I'm not sorry to call it like it is.

How about a thread like, "Fire Knapp, set him on fire?"

That would at least be entertaining.

vCash
    I say keep allen, fire Knapp and hire Norv Turner, and if you can get Rex Ryan on for cheap id do that too. If raiders fire Allen they sure in hell better have Sean Payton on his way, but I wouldnt fire him for Gruden, Gruden was a good coach but he is very overrated, Bucs beat us because they had our playbook, and they where a great defensive team.

vCash
    even though i'm a supporter of Allen i will say this. If we lose out and and keep looking as bad in the second half of games then i'll have second thought about this. RM just has to make sure if he does make a change and say bring gruden that he doesn't give personnel powers to him. Gruden has proved he isn't a good evaluator of talent, he has proved hes a pretty good coach.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    If we loose out, knapp must go, not Allen. He deserves another year and a roster that does not give up and players with high football IQ's. Statistically our defense is better, and that's with our DT's playing hide and seek, McClain blowing it, and the entire secondary getting hurt. It's hard to place blame, but personally I start with the players.

vCash
    hire gruden but is not going to happen

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    No more firing coaches after one year. It is one of the things that has killed our franchise. We can't get respectable coaches because we fire them after one year and never let them hire their own coordinator and run their schemes.

No matter if you hate Allen the best thing for Oakland long-term is to stop the madness of the past decade. This was always going to be a true rebuilding process. Stop thinking one year at a time. RM and Allen need time to clean up the mess in Oakland before we can even judge them.

vCash
    Gee, why don't we just beg John Madden or Tom Flores to come back, they took us to Super bowls.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast