62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hire Gruden

35 56.45%
  • Keep Allen

27 43.55%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    True, but we also have more Super Bowl appearances than anyone in the AFC West since 2000. Even if it was a loss. I'm just saying, it's all relative.
    No its not relative. I want Superbowl victories not appearances....only losers count those. Its like getting a participation award

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    So, I wanna know if the Nation would like to Hire Gruden, and fire Allen, or keep Allen and let him have a fair shot?
    Can we fire you & everyone else who actually believes this to be in the realm of possibility? Because it's not.

vCash
    He deserves a shot...I believe the team will be better next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Can we fire you & everyone else who actually believes this to be in the realm of possibility? Because it's not.
    Ayo jackwagon, I'm just the reporter on this situation. I saw people posting about bringing back Chucky and people standing up for Allen.

That's what this place is for, opinions. All i wanted was to see Raider fan's opinions. To be honest, I thought this is a great topic. Look at the results, 50/50.

IMO, I would love to have Gruden as the head coach, but it won't happen. I believe if a guy is wearing Raider gear and attending games and backing the organization 100%, even after the mess that followed him, that he is a great fit for our organization. The guy is obviously a Raider lover. I also believe in stability at the head coach position and I am behind Allen, just not all the coaches on his staff. I would like to see what Allen will do next year and this year was a mulligan for him. I also liked Hue, but he got axed and I can't change the past. I would've stuck with Hue, but Allen's not bad either.

vCash
    it wont happen. again you cant coach dumb. this impatience is ridiculous. we've sucked big dick for a decade. we've been a laughing stock. what is 2 more years going to do? this is the first time we are doing things right. Rebuilding and hopefully continuity. Rome wasn't built in a day. Teams that are impatient and expect fast results never go anywhere. well maybe a super bowl appearance every 20 years like Al did after the 80s. the team has been horrible since the 80s. A couple of 8-8 seasons and people thought the raiders were something to mess with? Ill rather rebuild and have a couple of ugly seasons, have a built team and be above average, rather than stuck in mediocrity

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    So, I wanna know if the Nation would like to Hire Gruden, and fire Allen, or keep Allen and let him have a fair shot?
    We can dream but i don't see it happening it would take guts in order to make that move and right now we have none i just hope he dose not go anywhere near the afc west that would be a nightmare for us for years to come bet on that.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    First of someone said gruden didnt do **** with the buccs, but Id argue it was his coaching of Brad Johnson (an average qb). Not to mention he made rich Gannon from a journey man, into MVP so those of you who think gruden cant coach dont know jack about football. ( just think of what he could do with middle of the road palmer.) That being said. I have thought for a long time that gruden has been waiting for this. This guy never wanted to leave the silver and black.. he bleeds it. AL DAVIS BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS GETTING RID OF GRUDEN. and it sounds like mark davis wasnt too happy when he was let go either.

All of this being said I refuse to vote. because my vote would to hire Gruden as OFFENSIVE HEAD COACH, AND off ALLEN the title DEFENSIVE HEAD COACH. just because its unconventional doesnt mean it couldnt work. these guys already seem to have a good re-pore. sometimes it takes thinking out side the box to make it in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    it wont happen. again you cant coach dumb. this impatience is ridiculous. we've sucked big dick for a decade. we've been a laughing stock. what is 2 more years going to do? this is the first time we are doing things right. Rebuilding and hopefully continuity. Rome wasn't built in a day. Teams that are impatient and expect fast results never go anywhere. well maybe a super bowl appearance every 20 years like Al did after the 80s. the team has been horrible since the 80s. A couple of 8-8 seasons and people thought the raiders were something to mess with? Ill rather rebuild and have a couple of ugly seasons, have a built team and be above average, rather than stuck in mediocrity
    Wow Rp you don't like Chucky? i know you feel the raiders have not been **** for years but even when we had john? You did not like the fire he brings as a head coach? Or the no b s attitude he stands for? I really hope your right about Allen because it's one point you guys make in your own way that is true the likely hood of this guy being here next year is a done deal under our current leadership so we all better try and get behind this cat and stop wishing for change R M is going to ride or die with Allen if we like it or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider _Z View Post
    First of someone said gruden didnt do **** with the buccs, but Id argue it was his coaching of Brad Johnson (an average qb). Not to mention he made rich Gannon from a journey man, into MVP so those of you who think gruden cant coach dont know jack about football. ( just think of what he could do with middle of the road palmer.) That being said. I have thought for a long time that gruden has been waiting for this. This guy never wanted to leave the silver and black.. he bleeds it. AL DAVIS BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS GETTING RID OF GRUDEN. and it sounds like mark davis wasnt too happy when he was let go either.

All of this being said I refuse to vote. because my vote would to hire Gruden as OFFENSIVE HEAD COACH, AND off ALLEN the title DEFENSIVE HEAD COACH. just because its unconventional doesnt mean it couldnt work. these guys already seem to have a good re-pore. sometimes it takes thinking out side the box to make it in this league.

this account has to be a dupe

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    Wow Rp you don't like Chucky? i know you feel the raiders have not been **** for years but even when we had john? You did not like the fire he brings as a head coach? Or the no b s attitude he stands for? I really hope your right about Allen because it's one point you guys make in your own way that is true the likely hood of this guy being here next year is a done deal under our current leadership so we all better try and get behind this cat and stop wishing for change R M is going to ride or die with Allen if we like it or not.
    i like chucky as a coach, but we overrate him. hes going to want to have personnel power and he proved he sucks at that in tampa. he had zero personnel power in oakland. bill walsh, jimmie johnson, bellicheck all had bad records their 1st years. dennis allen is in his first year lol. the raiders cap was a mess of EPIC proportions. reggie is going to take it slow. alot of the impatient fans are going to feel stupid 2-3 years down the road when the raiders are finally built the right way. on judging allen ill give him at least to next year. Reggie will get this team right in max 3 years. hopefully by then when the team is built though, the raiders have their franchise qb developed, which is kind of why i would want a qb in the third.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Keep Allen hire andy ried as OC keep tarver. Bring back last years special teams coach.

I had a wet dream about that... If DA doesn't work out, we got our HC. I can't imagine what he'd do for Pryor......damn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider _Z View Post

Could not have said it better myself everything but keeping Allen only because it would be a lot to ask him to move down from head coach but boy are you right on the money with the rest of what you said unfortunately we don't have the people with the balls in the front office to pull it off unless Mark is more pissed off then we all think Allen will be here pride and the need to be right is getting in the way of what clearly needs to be done R M is set on keeping Allen as much as it hurts me to say this we better get behind him and hope some kind of way he can turn this horror of a mess around.

vCash
    I'm so happy we have a GM with a brain that would never do this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I'm so happy we have a GM with a brain that would never do this.
    lol co Head coaches. so ra ra. it just might work

in the CFL. took one right from your book haha

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Just like the Lakers and Phil Jackson...Obviously that ship has sailed. If we were going to hire Gruden, We should have done it last off-season. So we have Dennis Allen who is a work in progress coaching a team that is a work in progress. Actually it may be the perfect fit, we must give this team time to grow together. RM and DA must sit down and start to weed out the players as well as some of the coaches. Identify the needs and prepare for the draft. We need to find out can Terrelle Pryor be a QB, Can we move him to another position or do we part ways. These are the some of the things that need to be addressed. We need to address schemes and what works and don't work in accordance to our talent. I.e. should we run the power scheme or the ZBS. Or should we run a 3-4 or a 4-3.

After that, If this team looks as bad next season as it does right now then you look at replacing the coach.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast