Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hire Gruden

35 56.45%
  • Keep Allen

27 43.55%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I swear that some of these dream team scenarios are fueled by the video game mentality. If cash was the only parameter why don't Jerry Jones and Daniel Snider have Lombardis by the dozen?

Chemistry matters folks. Putting together a winning franchise is equal parts of smarts and luck.

One year stints are not sufficient in length to make proper assessments of success. We should have this committed to memory as Oakland fans, we have seen it enough to no longer deny it is the root of most of our trouble today....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    I don't know about firing the man, but I didn't like his hire in the first place.

All I know is this, there are other coaches in the league (cough, Harbaugh) who took an underperforming team and made it into a winner, and he did it with Alex ****ing Smith at QB.

Our QB, by comparison is 10X better than him. How do I know this, just read all the hard-on posts you guys been writing about him breaking Raider passing records, etc...

Secondly, we've been at the cusp of the playoffs the last 2 seasons at 8-8 with largely the same roster. And we'll be damn lucky if we sniff 5 wins this season with a (better QB) behind center.

Parity in the NFL has made it possible for teams to turn around their season in 1 year, so don't tell me that you can't evaluate a head coach after 10 games. Allen by all estimates SUCK right now. The players look like they gave up, and that's hard to do in a league where you have to play hard for your next pay check. I'm sick of this ****!

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    I understand all of your frustration with losing and with the coaching staff. BUT,,,

Removing Dennis Allen would be the wrong thing to do at this juncture. We (fans) are just going to have to grin and bare it.

Reggie needs to give his coaching staff better players and create more competition in camp.
    Things will get better. I like Jon alot also,he not the guy for us at this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    then why the **** would you post this?!?

EVERYONE has said for years this same ****ing thing. "Can we get Gruden? What about Gruden? Hey! You know this guy named Gruden? They even used to call him 'Chucky'. How about some more Chucky in the hole??"

Even when Al was here people were out of their mind not just saying "I'd love Gruden back" but suggesting it possible.

"Hire Gruden, Fire Allen?" this is one of the lamest threads I've ever seen on any Raiders forum. I'm not sorry to call it like it is.

How about a thread like, "Fire Knapp, set him on fire?"

That would at least be entertaining.
    You don't have to read "the lamest thread you've ever seen on a Raider's forum." I doubt anyone really cares about what you have to say anyways.

I asked your opinion if you would hire Gruden and fire Allen. Didn't ask for you to cry because you don't like the topic.. Need a binky?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    You don't have to read "the lamest thread you've ever seen on a Raider's forum." I doubt anyone really cares about what you have to say anyways.

I asked your opinion if you would hire Gruden and fire Allen. Didn't ask for you to cry because you don't like the topic.. Need a binky?
    You don't care what I have to say. But I could really care less if people on the internet care about my opinion(s).

And I already gave you mine on hiring Gruden/Firing Allen. It's NOT possible.

If Reggie were fired along with DA, then there would be MAYBE a 10% chance he'd get brought back by someone else. That's the only way it would happen. Reggie aint about to fire his own guy after 1 year who was setup to fail defensively due to the cap hell Al left the team in and the regression of both the defensive and offensive lines. Too small a sample size to just fire somebody over.

Therefore, hiring Gruden unrealistic and about as good of an opinion as moving Rolando McClain to defensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    I don't know about firing the man, but I didn't like his hire in the first place.

All I know is this, there are other coaches in the league (cough, Harbaugh) who took an underperforming team and made it into a winner, and he did it with Alex ****ing Smith at QB.

Our QB, by comparison is 10X better than him. How do I know this, just read all the hard-on posts you guys been writing about him breaking Raider passing records, etc...

Secondly, we've been at the cusp of the playoffs the last 2 seasons at 8-8 with largely the same roster. And we'll be damn lucky if we sniff 5 wins this season with a (better QB) behind center.

Parity in the NFL has made it possible for teams to turn around their season in 1 year, so don't tell me that you can't evaluate a head coach after 10 games. Allen by all estimates SUCK right now. The players look like they gave up, and that's hard to do in a league where you have to play hard for your next pay check. I'm sick of this ****!
    The 49ers have had a solid D for a long time and also a RB that stays healthy and they run the ball. We don't have the front line they have on either side of the ball. Yeah we were on the cusp of the playoffs i agree and it was with power blocking and 2 good rb's. The 49ers play great D and run the ball it has nothing to do with Alex Smith.

We made too many changes to be successfull along with injuries to key parts of what we do. As bad as everyone says Barnes is its amazing we ran the ball great with him back in the RT spot with a FB running the ball. We lose our kick returner and we lose field position and have not found anything close to what Ford brought to the table. We have our best coverage safety at CB now due to injury and that burns us once or twice a game witht he help over the top being sorry.

We can learn from the 49ers though draft a LG and a RT or 2 OG's and roll with Barnes at RT and that fixes he oline. Draft a durable physical RB like Monte Ball and share the workload with McFadden that helps the run game. Then draft 2 DE/ OLB's like Aldon Smith that fixes the pass rush and helps the pass D. Get the badest NT/DT we an to clog up the middle and a stud MLB that has the skills of Willis or Bowman that fixes the run D. Then draft a CB and a FS that sures up the back end and we get a whole lot better in one off season.

vCash
    I would be for hiring Gruden. I don't want to put down DA though cause of it and I would like to see DA say as a DC. Its AD first year as a HC and Yes some mistakes have been made as Anyone in there first HC does. My only thing was I was really happy the Raiders wanted a Defensive minded coach. I just don't see it in and the defense look worst then last year.

IMO I think DA took a Big step up and cause he was trying to coach All of the team instead of just the defensive side of the ball he went off course abit and forgot what made him a good DC.

But I highly doubt if Gruden was hired as HC he would even keep DA as a DC but who knows.
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    Plain and simple. dont fire Allen unless a big name, experienced, proven leader like Gruden that is willing to come to the Raiders. If you cant get anyone like that, stick with whatever we are doing. Whatever that is.... Getting another "Allen" sets you back another 2 years.

vCash
    So even though its painfully obvious that our musical chair dedication to firing coaches year after year has had a huge hand in bringing us to this spot, some of you still want to continue the practice?

Get ready for disappointment, this regime will be in place for years.

-Stork

vCash
    Ya Reggie is gonna bring Oakland several Championships because he was a good scout for the Green Bay Packers, I don`t think so.

The only thing this regime is bringing today and down the road, is an empty stadium.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    He was more than a scout in Green Bay.

vCash
    Snake all I see is 2 Chubby Checker bobbleheads sitting in the sky booth. The company is worth 800 million dollars, you supply a rookie on field leader who hires more rookies. For the record, this isn`t a fast food restaurant.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...eggie-mckenzie

LOL on the Chubby Checkers parity. That was funny.

vCash
    SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE FIRED! bUT i WOULD START WITH OUR COORDINATORS!

vCash
    Greg knapp.......fail.

Should have gave the job to A.S

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast