62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hire Gruden

35 56.45%
  • Keep Allen

27 43.55%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Hire Gruden, Fire Allen?

So, I wanna know if the Nation would like to Hire Gruden, and fire Allen, or keep Allen and let him have a fair shot?

vCash
    I can't wait till he goes to SD so you will all stfu about hiring him

vCash
    Sure, lets fire Allen and send him with a bone in his teeth to San Diego.

No, ten games is not near enough time to evaluate a head coaches potential. Gruden was colorful but overrated, without Rich Gannon its doubtful he would have enjoyed the fleeting success that he did.

vCash
    copy and pasted from a post i did in another thread

alright i know i've been acting like a dick recently but i dont like comments like these. Not trying to bash but how old where most of you guys that are asking for gruden? because truth is hes not that good of a coach. He didn't take the bucs to the superbowl. Dungy had built that D himself jumped ship to indy and gruden just took dungy's team to the superbowl. look at a couple years after that. He had good control of the team made alot of the moves and they sucked asss. He is supposedly a qb guru but could never find his guy. He took a good team and they started sucking for years. Last thing we need is to fire a coach after 1 year no matter how bad of a record. Most players will be gone judge him next year. Also last thing we need is gruden running the ship he already sunk SOS Bucs to the ground. let reggie have 3 years before we judge him. Raider fans are way too impatient and unrealistic.
    firing the staff and not letting Reggie have control will only set the team back another 2 years. Its pretty amazing how most of you guys are so impatient when we've been sucking for a decade. can't wait 2 more years?!?!??! we've waited this long, and this is the first year we are doing things right. REBUILDING>Reloading.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Well weve fired coach after coach, with that said, once one more time guna hurt. I say yes and bring in chucky and give him what he wants and needs....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Sure, lets fire Allen and send him with a bone in his teeth to San Diego.

No, ten games is not near enough time to evaluate a head coaches potential. Gruden was colorful but overrated, without Rich Gannon its doubtful he would have enjoyed the fleeting success that he did.
    Shoot, I wish we would fire him and in turn have him coach in San Diego...he'd coach that San Diego defense right to the top, " 130+" in 3 games....let them have him for Christ sakes!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    ^ The Bucs were Dungy's team, the Raiders were Gruden's team.

Which would mean that Gruden took 2 teams to the Super Bowl in one year. His old team that he built, the Raiders. And, the team that he was actually coaching, the Bucs.

He wasn't a good coach at all. Just took a ****** team and took them to the brinik of a dynasty.

vCash
    Anyone would be better than DA. I never liked the signing. I'm still not sure why we would target a DC that ran one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I'm not in love with Gruden, but I remember when we had Gruden we won! at least Gruden knows how to be on a winning team.

I'd take anyone, including hue Jackson, over Dennis Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post

Which would mean that Gruden took 2 teams to the Super Bowl in one year. His old team that he built, the Raiders. And, the team that he was actually coaching, the Bucs.

He wasn't a good coach at all. Just took a ****** team and took them to the brinik of a dynasty.
    How is he not a good coach if one of the teams he took to the Super Bowl was a team he help build? Also, if you listened to the hot mike on Lynch, he said that the Raiders were doing everything that Coach Gruden said they were going to do.

You put Dungey on the Bucs and Gruden on the Raiders that year, we are not having this conversationn and the Raiders have four rings and continued success. Getting rid of Gruden was a bad ownership move, just like trumping Kiffin and taking Russell over Megatron.

Now I picked to keep Allen. Those times are over and it's time to move on. Give Allen a fair shot.

vCash
    **** NO! How man coaches have we gone through the last decade? Just no. You need to give Allen time. Its been what, 10 games? I just don't understand the logic. Plus, Gruden is overrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    Anyone would be better than DA. I never liked the signing. I'm still not sure why we would target a DC that ran one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I'm not in love with Gruden, but I remember when we had Gruden we won! at least Gruden knows how to be on a winning team.

I'd take anyone, including hue Jackson, over Dennis Allen.
    You don't necessarily have to be a good coordinator to be a head coach. And Hue Jackson? Really?? The dude was over his head

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post

lol the raiders weren't grudens team. he didn't bring in players. i think you forgot we had a guy by the name of bruce allen who would have to do everything al davis said. gruden was given a team by Al davis, in tampa bay he was given a team by dungy. once gruden made his own decisions the bucs started sucking. his specialty which is grooming qbs, and he couldn't even find an average starter.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Really? Gruden? No coach past or present could do much better with this current roster. Especially with this current line up on defense. No QB pressure, horrible in coverage, tackling is piss poor, etc. Offensive line is shaky, receivers drop balls at crucial times, virtually no running game(I think Reese is good but I also think he took advantage of a defensive unit that was supposed to be worst than the Raiders). QB throws too many picks, line gives up way too many sacks, receivers can't get separation against mediocre DB's, etc. Still way too many penalties. Special team's blow too. Lets face it nation, this team lacks smarts, heart, and most of all talent. This is still Al's crap team with over paid bums and no depth. And to those who still think Al isn't still a problem, I will remind you he took Mitchell in the second round, SECOND ROUND!!!! He is horrible!!! Allen is not the problem. Besides, you think Gruden after viewing that debacle in person yesterday wants to try and fix this mess when teams like the chargers and eagles will more than likely have vacancies? Those teams can be turned around after one off season via draft and FA's. OAK needs at least 3 seasons to be a competitor. By then Manning's retired so the Raiders with top the west...........hopefully.

vCash
    Allen has a lot of potential IMO. He's just a ***** and isn't comfortable in his position. I bealive once he gets a year under his belt he will be a different coach. While I like the Gruden hire I wanna stay with Allen. Allen needs to assert himself as the head coach no an assistant or DC. Let's give Allen a chance. Hopefully Gruden goes to college football for 3 years so if Allen dosnt pan out then we can hire Gruden.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    **** gruden why does every one want gruden he didn't do crap. in tampa I say keep allen hire OFF CORD hire REX RYAN AS OUR DEFF CORD....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast