Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Wheeler should get it done all by himself, but I would keep Wheeler.
    Try saying that here http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=782221

vCash
    I been saying Wheeler for Myers as a joke, but personally I would not do it either. I rather keep Wheeler and develop a rotation with him and Harvey in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I been saying Wheeler for Myers as a joke, but personally I would not do it either. I rather keep Wheeler and develop a rotation with him and Harvey in it.
    I've been magoo'd.

Damn you!

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    As much as I'd love to get Myers (and I would LOVE to get Myers) I don't want to give up Wheeler to get him. If I can't build a package around Dickey, who should be extremely attractive to KC, I'd look elsewhere. Then, if I can't make the deal I want, I might come back to KC and ask for Lorenzo Cain, Jake Odorizzi and Jorge Bonifacio. (I'd add a prospect to Dickey to get that deal.)
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    You are right on with this. Either Dickey is the main guy or look elsewhere. Outside of Greinke not one better pitcher available either by trade or free agency.

vCash
    I don't think Myers is necessarily in the realm of possibility but it is the right direction.

If we do end up moving Dickey, it should be for a power hitting corner outfielder.

A good defensive catcher and centerfielder with the ability to get on base is never a bad thing but I feel we would benefit much more from someone who could play a significant role in our lineup.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    We don't even need Wheeler. Dickey, Niese, Harvey, Santana, and Gee is a great rotation. If I could get Myers for Wheeler, I'd do it without looking back. Pitchers are always more risky than hitters.

vCash
    only rebuilding teams want Wheeler. We need to be dealing with contenders. Who is available and better than Dickey to make a contending team better right now? Dodgers payroll almost $200,000,000. Wheeler not on their mind they need to win now. Many other teams in same boat.

vCash
    Dickey, Niese, Harvey, Santana, and Gee is a great rotation. But Santana won't be around in 2013, and if we're lucky, he'll be gone in July. To me, Dickey is a big question mark. He will never have a higher trade value than he has now. Wheeler, on the other hand, can be a bulwark of the rotation for the next 5 - 8 years if we keep him that long.

IMO, our best bet for the long term is a rotation anchored by Wheeler, Harvey and Niese, with Gee and a re-signed Pelfrey (if he does in the future what he started to do last season) filling it out. We have Mazzoni, Verrett, DeGrom and Montero, all very promising pitchers, on a fast track to Citi, but none of them may be an adequate replacement for Wheeler.

Pitchers ARE more risky than hitters. That's why I want to maximize the number of quality arms we retain. I'll get my hitting without giving up my premier pitching prospect.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Dickey, Wheeler and Nieuwenhuis for Gordon and Myers.

What a god-awful horrific deal for the Mets. Sandy would be braindead to accept that deal. Him and the Wilpons should be dragged into the street and tarred and feathered if they did that.

vCash
    This.

Wheeler is way too much for Myers. Anyone advocating it is clueless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    This.

Wheeler is way too much for Myers.
    Myers is the higher rated prospect of the two fwiw.

Quality positional prospects are usually safer bets than quality pitching prospects also.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2012 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Myers is the higher rated prospect of the two fwiw.

Solid hitting prospects pan out more often too than quality pitching prospects.

Pitching > Hitting.

You don't trade a potential ace for anything. Period. It's stupid. I don't care if Wheeler ends up flaming out, if you have a chance to have a Franchise Ace for 10 years, trading that for any position player that has yet to take a single AB in the majors is stupid. Period.

Also the difference between success rate of hitters vs pitchers is being wildly overstated here by you and others. We've had plenty of Billy Beane's and Shawn Abner's.
    Last edited by WrightStuff82; 11-26-2012 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    Pitching > Hitting.

You don't trade a potential ace for anything. Period. It's stupid. I don't care if Wheeler ends up flaming out, if you have a chance to have a Franchise Ace for 10 years, trading that for any position player that has yet to take a single AB in the majors is stupid. Period.
    Of course but the Mets have depth in their minor league SP wise, if they could find a way to improve the OF with a potential .900 to .950 OPS CF i am sure they would consider making that move.

Myers is a potential franchise bat no matter how you slice it.

It's about dealing to fix areas of weakness through an area of strength and unless the Mets plan to fix it the OF through FA or trade, our OF next year will consist of Lucas Duda (who we all know how much you love him), Kirk/possibly Andres Torres, and Mike Baxter.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2012 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    Also the difference between success rate of hitters vs pitchers is being wildly overstated here by you and others. We've had plenty of Billy Beane's and Shawn Abner's.
    Yeah and the Alex Escobars, Lastings Milledge, F-Marts, Alex Ochoas of the world too i know.

But it's not overstated.

http://www.royalsreview.com/2011/2/1...-mlb-prospects

But i am sure you will dismiss that too.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast