Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    One of Niese/Dickey, Nieuwenhuis, Tapia, Havens for Wil Myers and Tim Collins

What do you guys think of this proposal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    One of Niese/Dickey, Nieuwenhuis, Tapia, Havens for Wil Myers and Tim Collins

What do you guys think of this proposal?
    Nobody wants Havens with how injury prone he has been and his un productivity.

It would take Wheeler to acquire Myers.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-24-2012 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nobody wants Havens with how injury prone he has been and his un productivity.

It would take Wheeler to acquire Myers.
    KC wants SP help for this year...Wheeler wouldn't even fit what they are really looking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    KC wants SP help for this year...Wheeler wouldn't even fit what they are really looking for.
    Wheeler should be ready this year (no later than June or July at the longest), the Royals would be looking for a top pitcher or pitching prospect in return for Myers.

Wheeler fits that mold.

Niese is a good pitcher but Myers is one of the top 3 or 4 prospects in baseball, that won't get him even coupled with other prospects. Neither will a 38 year old RA Dickey who is due for a significant raise at the end of next season.

Its Wheeler for Myers or nobody.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-24-2012 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Wheeler should be ready this year (no later than June or July at the longest), the Royals would be looking for a top pitcher or pitching prospect in return for Myers.

Wheeler fits that mold.

Niese is a good pitcher but Myers is one of the top 3 or 4 prospects in baseball, that won't get him even coupled with other prospects. Neither will a 38 year old RA Dickey who is due for a significant raise at the end of next season.

Its Wheeler for Myers or nobody.
    Wheeler is not what they are looking for. They want a ace for 2013. Not a potential ace for 2015. If Dickey was 32 you would have a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman Fan View Post
    Wheeler is not what they are looking for. They want a ace for 2013. Not a potential ace for 2015. If Dickey was 32 you would have a possibility.
    Wheeler is a top 10 spec in baseball and the Royals need young starting pitching, it's relatively equal value with Wheeler's upside in comparison to Myer's upside.

The Royals have bats, i am sure they would listen to that type of offer.

Not to mention Dayton Moore is not the greatest GM going, trading for Ervin Santana and his 13 million dollar option coming off a down season and giving Jeremy Guthrie 3yrs/25 million dollars.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-24-2012 at 09:58 PM.

vCash
    I think Santana and Niese would do it if we pick up part of Santana's contract. I know he seems older, but Santana will only be 33 at the start of the season next year, and Niese gives them a pitcher better than what they have now. If the Mets through in another piece, they might be able to get another bat back so that they are not trading two pieces for one future piece. I think Myers is worthy of us getting creative. If he's a stud for years to come, then Niese and a pitcher that is gone after next year anyway would be long forgotten

vCash
    If we're giving up Wheeler, now way is it Wheeler + Niese/Dickey. They're center pieces for Myers. Losing 2 out of those 3 for a prospect wouldn't be a good deal for us, even though we'd be getting back one of baseball's top prospects.

vCash
    Wheeler is a top 10 prospect in baseball, he's certainly not chopped liver.

Granted it might take more than Wheeler (maybe another lower level arm) but Wheeler+ another lower level arm should be enough for Myers.

That's the max i would go.

The Royals need pitching badly enough, i am sure they would bite at that.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-25-2012 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    Jim Callis:

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisBA

Can't see it. @dingo1414: rumors about a wil myers for ra Dickey deal. As #mets fan that's great news. No way #Royals make that trade right?

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please make it happen Omar.

vCash
    Some guy I know thinks that it would take at least Dickey + Harvey and/or Wheeler + Flumer + Flores to get Myers alone.

This is why PSD is my favorite.

vCash
    ^hahaha yeah we can dream here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Some guy I know thinks that it would take at least Dickey + Harvey and/or Wheeler + Flumer + Flores to get Myers alone.

This is why PSD is my favorite.

If Wheeler and another lower level arm isn't enough then i don't want Myers.

The Royals are starving for pitching depth, there's a possible solution.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-25-2012 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    i bet Wheeler for Myers straight up would get it done. thats pretty fair. people on here that think we can get him for Dickey or Niese plus a couple low level prospects are dreamin

vCash
    I'd say Wheeler + a young arm/bat would be fair.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast