Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    tired of people saying the word "untouchable"

Neither Harvey nor Wheeler are untouchable. Everyone should be available in the right deal.
    I'm tired of you not telling me how Alex Gordon is overrated.

As for untouchable, would you trade a pure 23 year old power arm under control for the foreseeable future for anyone right now?

vCash
    The Royals just gave Jeremy Guthrie 3yrs/25 million (what were they ****ing thinking?) after acquiring Ervin Santana obviously earlier this month.

They are doing a really good job assembling a SP staff

The Mets should seize the moment and see what Niese is worth if the Royals are overvaluing pitchers that much.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-21-2012 at 02:30 AM.

vCash

Royals seeking pitching...

They also could be thinking that they rather give a guy like Guthrie big money instead of dealing one of their highly touted prospects or one of their MLB stablished hitters.

vCash
    Guthrie was the Royals best pitcher last year, they are going to need to add more than just him.

They acquired Santana, but he wasn't that good last year.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Guthrie was the Royals best pitcher last year, they are going to need to add more than just him.

They acquired Santana, but he wasn't that good last year.
    I don't know if 14 starts where he pitched relatively well merits 25 million over 3 years.

Especially considering he wasn't very good in the 2011 in Baltimore or the first half of 2012 with Colorado.

vCash
    Maybe we could trade them our Santana. Then they'd have two Johan Santanas.

And before anyone say "HIZ NAME IS ERVIN SANTANA YOU STOOPID!"

Santana was born Johan Ramon Santana, and used that name throughout his life until 2003. At that time, he decided to change his name to avoid having the same name as pitching star Johan Santana.[1] According to Ervin Santana, "I just came up with Ervin... Ervin Santana, that sounds good."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know if 14 starts where he pitched relatively well merits 25 million over 3 years.

Especially considering he wasn't very good in the 2011 in Baltimore or the first half of 2012 with Colorado.
    Typical Royals.........they don't spend much but when they do, they spend on mediocre talent, even to the point of overpaying them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Royals just gave Jeremy Guthrie 3yrs/25 million (what were they ****ing thinking?) after acquiring Ervin Santana obviously earlier this month.

They are doing a really good job assembling a SP staff

The Mets should seize the moment and see what Niese is worth if the Royals are overvaluing pitchers that much.
    I'm sure Sandy has checked in with Dayton Moore as well as Alex Anthopoulis and other GMs to test the waters on the value of Niese, (Dickey and Gee too)
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Rio40
    I may be in a minority here but I would make an offer of Niese, Gee, Tapia, Duda, Flores and MDD for Myers and Gordon.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    If I'm the Royals, I wouldn't make that trade.
    I would like Davis and Niese for Gordon and Myers, I might even part with Colon.
    You wouldn't make that trade? If I'm the Royals, I might ask for some tweaking, but all in all it looks pretty good for the Royals to me. Niese and Gee would both fit into their rotation. In fact, Niese would probably be their #1. Flores, IMO, is an upgrade over Getz at 2B, but I might ask for Murphy instead. Either or both Duda and MDD could develop into decent major league outfielders, but they might not as well. So, basically, KC would be trading outfield offense for pitching (present and future), and a 2B upgrade.

On the other hand, my offer would be:

Niese, Familia, Murphy, Tapia, Den Dekker, and Ceciliani for Myers, Lorenzo Cain and Kyle Zimmer.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    There was an article posted about this last night on yahoo. Pretty good read

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/royals-...rting-pitcher-

What surprised me is that the Mets were not even mentioned in the article. I would think that having the Cy Young award winner available on the trading block, having a former ace with an expiring contract, and having a young talented middle of the rotation lefty that we would be more in the conversation than any team other than maybe Tampa.

Does anyone think that if we offered to eat most of Johan's contract, that he becomes a big chip? He is coming off injuries, but also threw a no hitter last year. What if we packaged Johan, with us taking his salary, with Niese. I would think that would be a game changer for a team in need of pitching. They would possibly be adding a #2 and 3 to their rotation with limited out of pocket.

vCash
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/royals-...015456742.html

The Kansas City Royals are pushing hard to contend in 2013, considering almost every option to upgrade their pitching staff. And that includes trading the best hitting prospect in baseball.

In their search for a top-of-the-rotation starter, the Royals have dangled outfielder Wil Myers, the consensus 2012 minor league player of the year, two sources told Yahoo! Sports

While the Royals have designated Myers off-limits for anything other than pitching, teams with frontline starters understand Kansas City is desperate to add another pitcher after re-signing Jeremy Guthrie and trading for Ervin Santana. With the returns of Danny Duffy and Felipe Paulino from Tommy John surgery, plus the arrival of prospect Jake Odorizzi, an overhaul of the Royals' rotation could thrust them into contention in the AL Central – especially with a pitcher like Tampa Bay's James Shields, whom the Royals covet at the top of the rotation but are loath to trade for because only two years remain on his deal and he has thrown the second-most regular-season innings of any pitcher the last two seasons.

The Royals' payroll commitments are around $69 million, leaving them two options to stay within their expected payroll around $73 million: They can pursue a young starter with a cheap contract but not as much experience as the Royals want; or deal for a veteran with a higher salary whose cost would cause them to deal a veteran, such as Bruce Chen or Luke Hochevar, the underachieving starter who also would be a non-tender candidate.

With a dominant bullpen and lineup full of young position players, the Royals are in a position to win now and in the foreseeable future, hastening their desire for another pitcher. The franchise's internal belief is that team success would accelerate the growth of its young core, one of baseball's best and the likely source of another starter, considering how prohibitive the free agent market for owners unwilling to stretch the budget.
    Looks like Myers could definitly be snagged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/royals-...015456742.html

Looks like Myers could definitly be snagged.
    Make it happen Omar.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Is he a CF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Is he a CF?
    He has played most of his games in center this year, but he could play left, right, catcher, or third. Very versatile, which means very athletic.

vCash
    Thanks. I knew he at least played CF. I would love to be able to get him and put him in CF. Dickey actually falls right in line with what they want to spend. Not to mention he will be far away from us.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast