Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd swap Niese for Myers so fast I wouldn't even have to think about it.

vCash
    I dont think Niese for Gordon is a bad trade for us at all, but I would rather see them trade Dickey for a similar player/package, which I think can be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    I dont think Niese for Gordon is a bad trade for us at all, but I would rather see them trade Dickey for a similar player/package, which I think can be done.
    Do you think Niese is as good as Dickey?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    If the Mets do acquire Myers, are they a top 10 farm?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    If the Mets do acquire Myers, are they a top 10 farm?
    I'd think so. They'd have the ML readys (Wheeler, Myers), the tweeners (Flores, A-Rod, etc...), and the youngsters (Fulmer, Nimmo, Plawecki, etc...).

vCash
    2 A prospects in Wheeler and Myers

A bunch of type B guys after that in Flores, Nimmo, Cecchini, Fulmer, Tapia, Familia, Puello and Plawecki.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Do you think Niese is as good as Dickey?
    I dont think he will ever put up numbers like Dickey did last season, but I can see Niese putting up similar numbers than Dickey did for us in his 2010 & 2011 seasons. Niese is also much younger, cheaper and under team control for longer.

Knuckleballer or not, I still think he's a 38 year old Starting Pitcher. Im honestly not convinced he can pitch like a #1/2 starter for much longer, unlike some of you guys. Maybe he can but I'm a bit weary of it.

Isn't this team competing for 2014-2015 and beyond? So even if we keep Dickey and sign him to an extension (probs only 3 years MAX, more likely 2) Doesn't that lead him to be a FA in the years where we should be in playoff contention? Isn't that a problem?

vCash
    Does anyone think Puello can be our longterm starting CF? Or is he destined for the corner outfield?

vCash
    I love Puello, but he has not progress as I hoped, realistically he may just be a toolsy 4th outfielder, but because of his tools and age he is still a solid B type prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Does anyone think Puello can be our longterm starting CF? Or is he destined for the corner outfield?
    I always though he'd move to right.

vCash
    The one thing that scares me about Wil Myers:

Q: What do you want to know about opposing pitcher?

Wil Myers: The only thing I really like to know is how fast his fastball is. That’s the thing I key off of. I look for a fastball. I don’t sit on breaking balls or off-speed pitches. Obviously, the way I’ve been pitched to lately, I’ve seen a lot of off-speed pitches, but I’m always looking for a fastball to hit.
    Sounds like a guy who makes a living feasting off of fastballs. The article is from September 5th, and he mentioned how lately he's seen a lot of off-speed pitches, and he hit .289/.354/.412 in August, good for a .767 OPS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    The one thing that scares me about Wil Myers:

Sounds like a guy who makes a living feasting off of fastballs. The article is from September 5th, and he mentioned how lately he's seen a lot of off-speed pitches, and he hit .289/.354/.412 in August, good for a .767 OPS.
    ...but he has shown a good enough eye to take those breaking pitches and walk, most guys are fastball hitters, the trick is not swinging at those breaking balls or off speed pitches when they are not in the zone and Myers has shown an excellent eye in the minors which should continue in the majors.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Sick Of It All;24391193]...but he has shown a good enough eye to take those breaking pitches and walk, most guys are fastball hitters, the trick is not swinging at those breaking balls or off speed pitches when they are not in the zone and Myers has shown an excellent eye in the minors which should continue in the majors.

this sounds very promising.... if he does have a good eye and adjust to what the pitcher is throwing him. that and all the talent he has i would definitly want to get him into our lineup as soon we can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I'd swap Niese for Myers so fast I wouldn't even have to think about it.
    Don't know much about Myers. I know Alex Gordon is a pretty big time prospect who didn't pan out right away, but he got better last year didn't he?

vCash
    I think that Gee would be at least the 4th starter on the Royals, so I think that Niese plus Gee would be attractive. I feel like Gee is not really a part of our future plans, so we would be trading from a strength, but not turning it into a weakness

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast