Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    no way KC makes that deal. Davis and Hosmer are really just about a wash..... and no way Niese could get Myers straight up. Simply no way.
    Look up Davis and Hosmer stats.

You would be surprised how lopsided it is.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Just posted this in the MLB forum wanted to see what you guys would think of this...

It may be a bit of a stretch but since the Mets are rebuilding and have been unhappy with Davis at times I could see an offer of...

Mets get:
    Hosmer
    Myers
    Montgomery

Royals Get:
    Niese
    Famila
    Davis
    Gee
    I thought Jays fans were delusional. If you were KC, would you not want Harvey or Wheeler to be in any deal for Myers let alone adding Hosmer and Montgomery? Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I thought Jays fans were delusional. If you were KC, would you not want Harvey or Wheeler to be in any deal for Myers let alone adding Hosmer and Montgomery? Wow.
    Who is better Hosmer or Davis?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    I seriously dont understand why some people believe Davis and Hosmer are a wash.

Davis is better hands down to this point.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-28-2012 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    If I were KC, of course I would want Harvey or Wheeler in that deal. But they need quality pitching now, and if they realize the Mets aren't going to part with either, would they consider a package that included Niese (a proven, up and coming lefty who is currently better than anyone in KC's rotation and still improving) and Familia (our #2 prospect, who cound either start or relive for them)?

Hosmer and Davis are far from a wash (although some in this thread seem to think otherwise) and Montgomery, I fear, will be a washout. So remove them from consideration. The question I have is would Niese, Familia, and say Den Dekker be enough to get Myers? If not, what if we added another young prospect, like Aderlin Rodriguez, Jefry Marte or Wilfredo Tover, would that do it?
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Hosmer is 2.5 years younger than Davis. Davis should be the better bat still in 2013, but the bats should be pretty close in the long run. I still take Davis because he's a much better glove. But including Davis for Hosmer in a trade still doesn't add much value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Hosmer is 2.5 years younger than Davis. Davis should be the better bat still in 2013, but the bats should be pretty close in the long run. I still take Davis because he's a much better glove. But including Davis for Hosmer in a trade still doesn't add much value.
    I disagree, Hosmer is not that good defensively. He won't put up the power numbers that Davis can. He doesn't walk at the same rate as Davis.
    This is a very important year for Eric, because if he continues this trend of under performing I wonder how long the Royals will be patient. Especially with their win now mentality.

vCash
    Hosmer put up a .799 OPS with a .465 SLG in 2011 as a 21 year old. He had a nightmare season, but he has time to turn it around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    If I were KC, of course I would want Harvey or Wheeler in that deal. But they need quality pitching now, and if they realize the Mets aren't going to part with either, would they consider a package that included Niese (a proven, up and coming lefty who is currently better than anyone in KC's rotation and still improving) and Familia (our #2 prospect, who cound either start or relive for them)?

Hosmer and Davis are far from a wash (although some in this thread seem to think otherwise) and Montgomery, I fear, will be a washout. So remove them from consideration. The question I have is would Niese, Familia, and say Den Dekker be enough to get Myers? If not, what if we added another young prospect, like Aderlin Rodriguez, Jefry Marte or Wilfredo Tover, would that do it?
    Pffff. We have a tough job on here don't we? With the Lester for Myers rumours out there, that would have to be a tricky one for KC. Great pitcher with a crap year so fresh in mind. I can't comment on the proposal you suggest because I think that Wheeler is close enough that KC would want him. If KC said Wheeler and Flores for Myers, would you do it?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314