Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Myers seems nice, but I feel irky about trading a proven young commodity like Niese for Myers. I'd move Dickey for Myers and a couple of C prospects that are MLB-ready.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Kids Myers age are almost always fast ball hitters. He'll adjust to breaking balls as he gains experience. I think he'd be a great acquisition, and we match up pretty well with the Royals.

Niese, Murphy, (they could use a 2B/DH) Tapia and den Dekker for Myers, Lorenzo Cain and Kyle Zimmer.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Myers seems nice, but I feel irky about trading a proven young commodity like Niese for Myers. I'd move Dickey for Myers and a couple of C prospects that are MLB-ready.
    i would dickey and murphy for myers,and mike moustakas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    KC doesn't have any decent catching prospects that I'd want. Salvador Perez, their first stringer would be fine, if they'd part with him, but I don't think they would. So you'll have to find a C elsewhere.

Trading either Niese or Dickey to KC, you've used your prime trade chip, so you're not going to get D'Arnaud. (I would not part with both under any conditions.) You could, however, make a decent trade for Arencibia or Saltalamacchia, or give up even less for Flowers or Hector Sanchez.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnIckFaN.2883 View Post
    I'd probably do this, but where would we play Mike(assuming we keep Wright)?
    If we was retaining Wright, I'd swap Mike for Alcides Escobar.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    this is what i was trying to say. We lose that deal if we trade Dickey, Wheeler, and Kirk for Gordon and Myers because Wheeler is a great enough prospect to get Myers straight up and no way i trade Dickey and Kirk for Gordon. Like i said before... Gordon isn't really that great and is overrated
    Gordon is not overrated. Tell me how he is? Gold glove defense with very good on base ability and some nice pop too.

vCash
    Myers might be a nice fit. But Neise might not be enough throw in Brandon Nimmo and Gavin Cecchini too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    Myers might be a nice fit. But Neise might not be enough throw in Brandon Nimmo and Gavin Cecchini too.
    No.

vCash
    No :cry:

vCash
    If the report is that they are looking for pitching, why wouldn't throwing in Gee or Mejia with Niese land them Meyers. And, I guess I am alone in this, but I would do Niese for Gordon any day. Gordon would become our best outfielder immediately, and at least our third best hitter, if not our second best. This seems like such a no brainer that I would be pissed if I found out that the report that they rejected this is true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Kids Myers age are almost always fast ball hitters. He'll adjust to breaking balls as he gains experience. I think he'd be a great acquisition, and we match up pretty well with the Royals.

Niese, Murphy, (they could use a 2B/DH) Tapia and den Dekker for Myers, Lorenzo Cain and Kyle Zimmer.
    Niese and Murphy wouldn't come close to getting Myers AND Cain... are you kidding me? Myers and Cain are the two best players in your proposed deal. We'd get laughed at.. hard!

Quote Originally Posted by KnIckFaN.2883 View Post
    Once again... we'd get laughed at for proposing this deal. Dickey and Murph for Myers AND Mous? LOL we clearly get the better players there too when u consider Dickey is 38 and the Royals aren't close to being a WS competitor so by the time they are really ready to compete, Dickey will be into his 40's

sorry but you guys are seriously dreamin....

If you wanna be realistic.... better start talking about Harvey or Wheeler if you think we're getting back two players out of Myers, Mous and Cain.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 11-20-2012 at 01:07 AM.

vCash
    Lol now you are overrating Cain by saying he's better than Niese. He's definitely not, and he's been very injury prone. Moustakas has shown nothing yet other than being a great defender at 3B. His hiting has been very shaky this year.

So again, go back to my deal where I said Dickey, Wheeler, and Nieuwenhuis for Gordon and Myers. How is Gordon overrated?

vCash
    Why would we dump Niese? He had his best season and could be even better. Plus we control him for another 4 years at a low price.

vCash
    Why would we dump Niese? He had his best season and could be even better. Plus we control him for another 4 years at a low price.
    Who said anything about dumping?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I may be in a minority here but I would make an offer of Niese, Gee, Tapia, Duda, Flores and MDD for Myers and Gordon.

Roll with Dickey, Santana, Harvey, Wheeler and Pelf. Also bring back Young and Hefter for insurance. Thats not a bad staff if the truly believe Santana to be healthy.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast