Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Kenyon would be an excusable singing "if" we have to trade Bass or Sully. Otherwise he's just redundant. No?

vCash
    why all the love for kenyon martin? He has never been a plus rebounder, he's old, slow, and not exactly a great locker room guy. what is he going to bring?

If we want to use the spot right now, bring in Birdman. He had more rebounds than K-mart last year in 7 less minutes. Plus he's a legitimate shotblocker. He might not bring a lot on offense but he's at least efficient and not a chucker like baby. Bring him in!

vCash
    I don't think anyone is in love with Martin

vCash
    Big Ben.

vCash
    Milicic has been waived.

Does his contract still count against the cap? If so, the Celtics won't be adding anyone soon. Even if it doesn't, I'm not sure the C's will be adding anyone soon.

K. Martin's nasty streak is somewhat appealing though.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 11-22-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Tommy Heinsohn ‏@CSNTommy

On the loss of Darko. "Now that Darko is gone we are going to start looking for Lighto. Anyone who is light on their feet and can jump."

vCash
    Here are my Fav Darko posts I have compiled... At least I was consistent...

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotsfan97 View Post
    He has been with awful organizations his whole career. maybe success could change him?
    ... He has been an awful player who has made 47million bucks playing an avg of 50 games a year, 18mpg, 6pg and 4reb...

I don't know who's worse for the money they earned Darko "The Gangster" or Kwaaame Brown...???

Please DA just pay Stiems his money...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I'll take him without thinking twice.

Everyone looks at him as a bust because of where he was drafted, but he's a quality rotational big man.

If we're talking a 4th big after KG, Bass, Wilcox/Sullinger...Why not?
    I must say I am very surprised... You are a stats guy and Darko is... well not the quality type stats guy... 4th guy or not... I hate to say it, but I'd rather have Hollins back than Darko... Cannot believe I just typed that...

I love to read the posts about Darko on the T-Wolves PSD forum... Very comical...

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotsfan97 View Post
    His per 36 is almost identical to Stiemsma, and will cost much less. Averages almost 9 PPG, and 6 Rebounds. He's not awful...... If he gets minutes.
    Advanced stats for both (I looked at Darko's 10'/11' season since it's the most games he's played in since 07' (on a side note that's not a good sign)...

Check out those advanced stats and there not all that close...

A few years in Europe has made Stiems a better player, where as 9 years in the NBA has done little but make Darko a richer man...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Darko blows, but he's way better then Hollins for christsakes.

In this game of musical chairs if this who comes to us, then grin and bear it, but I'd hope for better then this.
    Those 2 in the same sentence ... It goes to show what 7 feet can do for some stiffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    id like to see the Cs try an sign Darko an Baron Davis. Both could be had for cheap imo

Darko/Wilcox
    KG/Bass/Sullenger
    Pierce/Green/Joesph
    Bradley/Terry
    Rondo/Davis
    First Darko "The Gangster", now Baron "Da KneeCap"??? Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    id like to see the Cs try an sign Darko an Baron Davis. Both could be had for cheap imo

Darko/Wilcox
    KG/Bass/Sullenger
    Pierce/Green/Joesph
    Bradley/Terry
    Rondo/Davis
    First Darko "The Gangster", now Baron "Da KneeCap"??? Oh my...

One and done Dooling...

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pres...-waive-dooling

Enjoy your older years... LOL... I'm older than this retiring old fogey...

It's been a while so I forgot to check the other threads...

As for Darko... Ehhh... He's been in the league long enough and around enough vets that he should be a grown up by now... His motivation is the almighty dollar... Isn't he the same guy that Real Madrid wanted nothing to do with??? I hope Sully abuses him at camp when they match up at the 5...

2nd game and first one Darko seeing action, and he's already got his hand wrapped...

http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/report-c...o-milicic.html

I love the first paragraph of the story...

Quote:

"Darko Milicic is hardly known for anything he's accomplished on the hardwood in the NBA, but a few teams are still looking to bring in the free-agent center. The Celtics are reportedly one of them."

If Williams doesn't make the roster and Melo is just gonna be a cheerleader, I really hope Doc just plugs Sully in as the 3rd center
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Yeah, Danny hit on most of his off season moves but signing Milicic was a brain fart. Wish him and his mother well, but ain't a gonna miss the big stiff.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Well its not like they used the mid level exception to sign him

vCash
    It didn't work out guys, it was the Vet Min, who cares? We'll probably get a more serviceable big closer to the deadline out of it. (Hopefully)

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    Gortat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishmin View Post
    Gortat
    By trading whom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    By trading whom?
    I'm curious too who we would trade that wouldn't be ridiculous.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    It's not like they're going to trade him for crap. He's a good player.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast