Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Titus Young was benched for sabotaging Lions offense

The Lions deactivated receiver Titus Young on Thanksgiving Day for bad behavior that had led to in-fighting among the coaching staff. Young was allowed back on the practice field Wednesday, as a second-team receiver. The Lions never provided the specifics that resulted in Young’s team-imposed ban, but Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has them.

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.

“It was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays,” Johnson told the Detroit News. “We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group.”

Asked if Broyles and Thomas would stay in the rotation, Johnson replied “Yeah. No doubt.”

Young has resumed practicing, but there are no guarantees on his game-day role, if he has one at all. Young’s actions suggest he’s more concerned with himself than the cause of his team.

It’s hard to play with that type of a guy. You can’t win with ‘em. Can’t do it.
    Link

How would you guys have handled this? Suspend him like the Lions did or flat out cut him?

Id suspend him the rest if the season. Can the team suslend a player without pay? If so, maybe that would send a message.

I mean you could IR him w a fake injury. That cuts his pay right?
    MUST BE REAL BAD TO BRING ME BACK

Man what a punk.

Even in the heydey of TO and Chad they never pulled **** like that.

Are any teams really gonna be interested in this *****?

Just do whatever you can to make his life on the team miserable. That kind of behavior shouldn't tolerated at all. I doubt any team touches him now that this has gotten out

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Also sets the Lions up for a massive lawsuit if they were to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    This.

Boxing > MMA

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Brook/Bradley/Pacquiao

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Look!! You can see the exact moment his little heart breaks =)

Nooo they will soon find out about the Pact that Titus and I formed when they realize that him being upset is a cover up. He would sabotage games and I would bet against the Lions. O ****, I'm pretty sure what we are doing is illegal.
    Last edited by John Walls Era; 11-30-2012 at 02:03 AM.

You guys are also forgetting that he plays for the Lions. They're not exactly known for having the best behavior in their players, and it probably falls on the coaches. As far as his disciplinary actions go, it's tough. If you "make his life Hell" then you're never going to recover him as a player again. He's going to hate the staff and the team and become a major cancer. But you also can't let it go unpunished because it'll just send more messages to the rest of the roster that it's okay.

He's still a young mid-2nd round WR with plenty of potential, so if they cut him I'd love to see him with my Panthers, though on a short leash of course.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You guys are also forgetting that he plays for the Lions. They're not exactly known for having the best behavior in their players, and it probably falls on the coaches. As far as his disciplinary actions go, it's tough. If you "make his life Hell" then you're never going to recover him as a player again. He's going to hate the staff and the team and become a major cancer. But you also can't let it go unpunished because it'll just send more messages to the rest of the roster that it's okay.

He's still a young mid-2nd round WR with plenty of potential, so if they cut him I'd love to see him with my Panthers, though on a short leash of course.
    Shwartz's fault? Doubtful.

Boxing > MMA

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Brook/Bradley/Pacquiao

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Another reason why Schwartz isn't the HC answer for this team. They lack discipline so badly it's not even funny anymore.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Sounds like someone the raiders will trade 2 1st rounders for , I can see them gettin a 7th rounder maybe a guy like bellicheck can straighten him out

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Change his position to O-Line for a week in practice and line his *** up against Suh. Then you won't have to fake an injury.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast