Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Could we get a young proven major leaguer like Mark Trumbo from Anaheim for Dickey. He would add great power in left field. Angels could be desperate if they cant resign Greinke.

vCash
    They won't trade Dickey. Since releasing Bay they now have the money to pay him. Knuckleballers can pitch well into their 40s. Duda and Murphy should be looked on as trade bait. They're both playing out of position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metro $ View Post
    Could we get a young proven major leaguer like Mark Trumbo from Anaheim for Dickey. He would add great power in left field. Angels could be desperate if they cant resign Greinke.
    The Angels wouldn't give up Trumbo for Dickey. He's one of the MLB's best young players and fits in perfectly with their lineup. I could see them trading Kaleb Cowart + for Dickey. Trumbo is just too proven and is still getting better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    The Angels wouldn't give up Trumbo for Dickey. He's one of the MLB's best young players and fits in perfectly with their lineup. I could see them trading Kaleb Cowart + for Dickey. Trumbo is just too proven and is still getting better.
    I would take Cowart and Cron, and watch everyone moan.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Mets are leaking this to the public, but I bet we trade him and don't get much.
    Probably some mid level prospects at best that management will be hyping up way too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    They won't trade Dickey. Since releasing Bay they now have the money to pay him. Knuckleballers can pitch well into their 40s. Duda and Murphy should be looked on as trade bait. They're both playing out of position.
    Sad part is Duda doesn't have a true position except for DH. His value is extremely low IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I would take Cowart and Cron, and watch everyone moan.
    The only problem with them are the positions they play. We have Wright at third right now (hopefully for a long time), Wilmer Flores, and A-Rod. Cron is mainly a first baseman, but we don't know what will happen with Ike in the (near) future. He does have potential to play catcher, so he would be great there for the Mets.

In the end, both are very young who have the ability to do amazing things with the bat. I definitly wouldn't be upset if we got those two for Dickey. Maybe try to add a low-level pitcher.

vCash

Dickey's value

It seems that several fans on this page are really down on the value of Dickey on the trade market. There are several teams out there who are on the cusp of making the playoffs or getting to the world series and need a additional pitcher to put them over the top. Imagine the Angels, Blue Jays, White Sox, Orioles, Athletics, Yankees, Rangers and Dodgers. All of these teams either did not make playoffs or did not go as far as they would of liked due to lack of quality starters. The Angels and Blue Jays have put out huge amounts of money the past few years and are essentially all in to win within the next few seasons. Adding a 20 game winning Cy young winner may be the last piece needed.

vCash
    I guess SA and companies planned all along is to drag these negotiations out. See what team needs what, see if a kings ransom can be had for Wright, RA, Niese, or Ike. They already know what the local price is for RA and Wright. What they don't know is the current market value for each or what someone is willing to give up. If a catcher and corner outfielder can be had, lets kick the tires. Anymore, SA blows smoke up our butts with all the interviews. Best to wait til ST to see who goes North.
    " You seek Yoda!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12