Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Non Thread Worthy Discussions

The title explains it self... twitter updates, speculation, rumors, anything about the past etc.

vCash
    That's what the off-season thread is for.

/close thread

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Back seat modding is annoying.

If the moderators of the forum think a thread isn't thread worthy they'll lock it. This isn't really helping.

vCash
    And what you're doing is...

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Shall I close this?

vCash
    Already in the process.

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Oh the irony....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    That's what the off-season thread is for.

/close thread
    The funny thing is, people stopped doing that. This thread stands out more than the off season thread. Maybe people will think to post here instead of making a new thread, no? Clearly the off season thread is not working...

Edit: meh I guess I should stop trying to help the mods

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    The funny thing is, people stopped doing that. This thread stands out more than the off season thread. Maybe people will think to post here instead of making a new thread, no? Clearly the off season thread is not working...

Edit: meh I guess I should stop trying to help the mods
    Try posting in that thread if you wanna start a new discussion.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Pete Rose...what's happen to him has really upset me. What he did was wrong and he's paid 100x. He's one of the greatest players ever...living or dead and helped the game. You can't take away what he did on the field. He finally said sorry, yet he's treated like garbage. Punishment fitting the crime? Yet, MLB are greedy crooks and have a messed up moral compass, look what they've did...

In the last 20+ years...MLB has allowed:
    -Players to throw pitches at other player in retaliation for a player getting hit. It's actually a un-written rule in baseball. Great for kids to see.
    -Players allowed to leave the dugout when 2 other players are fighting. It's a un-written rule in baseball, you MUST leave the bench to go fight. Great for kids to see.
    -PED to go unchecked. Scaring the game...to break records so MLB makes more money for MLB, players and owners. Honestly, if I was a relief pitcher just making the league minimum and always a whiff away from AAA...then I pitched to Mark McGuire and gave up 2 HRs and 7RBIs in a series...then got sent down and never got back up...I'd sue...in court. He cheated...cost me money and a career. Cost me my wife and respect of my kids. Why not sue for damages?

Think about all the HRs that shouldn't have been...games won when they shouldn't have. It's created a really bad ripple and affected lots of lives. Yet the cheaters made millions...the victims who include the fans nothing. All they had to do was say sorry and cry on TV. They got away with it. It just not right, MLB let them get away with it. These player aren't treated like garbage by MLB. Some will even sneak into the hall.

-Allowed baseball to strike...over money.
    -Careers and games have been won & lost over really bad calls. Yet, even when the umpire wants the call re-versed. It's not.

There are a bunch more.
    MLB is a joke protected by congress (You can't start another baseball league...it's illegal)

In the BIG picture Pete Rose must be on the hall. Pete bet on games ok...got busted, he's had a 30+ year sentence.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I was looking at Bautista's contract. It's interesting...in 2016 we have a 14M TO (no BO...nice AA) . By then you'd guess the avg top 100 are 13.9M?

Wouldn't it be funny if we declined the 14M option and offered 13.9M and then got a first rounder.

BTW...we should have a contract thread(maybe a sticky in the OS and July?...not just ours but other players.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    I was looking at Bautista's contract. It's interesting...in 2016 we have a 14M TO (no BO...nice AA) . By then you'd guess the avg top 100 are 13.9M?

Wouldn't it be funny if we declined the 14M option and offered 13.9M and then got a first rounder.

BTW...we should have a contract thread(maybe a sticky in the OS and July?...not just ours but other players.
    You don't get a pick for re-signing a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You don't get a pick for re-signing a player.
    You think? I was saying his option is the same or close to the new break even level.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    You think? I was saying his option is the same or close to the new break even level.
    You may need to fill me in here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You may need to fill me in here.
    You know too much already.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast