Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Revisiting the Santos/Molina trade

I guess this is expected, seeing the trade happened around a year ago.

One year later, it would seem that The ChiSox are winning that deal, which is obvious considering Santos missing the year due to injuries.

But if you look at the numbers, you can see that Molina has struggled in his transition to the higher levels of the minors. Last season for AA, he went 6-11, with 4.3 ERA, and a much worse k/9 (6.2) than with his stint with the jays (13.5).

He's already 23. Do you think he's going to be an impact pitcher in the Majors?
    Is Santos going to prove his worth next year?

Discuss.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Why are doing a whole thread on this? No one has really won this trade. Molina sucked in the minors. Santos was injured. No team really had it good last year.

vCash
    I remember someone posted an interview with him a few days back. Santos thinks he is completely injury ridden and 100% ready for ST. If Santos performs like an expected set up man or closer for the next couple of years, we win the trade imo.

Molina put up some horrid numbers this season like you said, what is his ceiling? Back of the bull pen guy or 5th starter at best?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Why are doing a whole thread on this? No one has really won this trade. Molina sucked in the minors. Santos was injured. No team really had it good last year.
    Agreed. Ever since the block buster trade with Miami, all these non thread worthy have been opening up like the pic of Reyes, Napoli to jays etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Because we're Jays fans, and we have to keep up with the times, MAN.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    I still think santos is going to be a stud out of the bullpen ....

I also still blame Luis Perez for everything that happened to Santos last year. Remember the very first game in Cleveland, Santos was supposed to come in and get his first save with the Jays ... But then Perez went and crossed the line so he had to face at least one batter.

Santos came in and retired the next two batter but wasn't credited with the save. It was all down hill from there. His next oppurtunity to get his first save was in Toronto and he got shelled.

vCash
    Someone should make a thread called "non thread worthy".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    I still think santos is going to be a stud out of the bullpen ....

I also still blame Luis Perez for everything that happened to Santos last year. Remember the very first game in Cleveland, Santos was supposed to come in and get his first save with the Jays ... But then Perez went and crossed the line so he had to face at least one batter.

Santos came in and retired the next two batter but wasn't credited with the save. It was all down hill from there. His next oppurtunity to get his first save was in Toronto and he got shelled.
    Nah... Lets blame JF just for the hell of it.

vCash
    Wouldnt it be neat if Nestor:

1) Sucked *** as a pitcher
    2) Moves from team to team in the minors
    3) Ends up back in Toronto, where Dwayne Murphy sees his hitting potential.
    4) Makes it to the Bigs with the Jays as a Left Fielder
    5) Has a great first season as a 27 year old rookie
    6) Draws interest from many clubs
    7) Traded to ChiSox in exchange for Peavy.
    8) Cycle complete

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Too early to say but if Santos comes back healthy then us in the short term at least.

vCash
    One guy was hurt all year and the other stunk in the minors. Whats to discuss? way too early to deem who won the deal.

vCash
    obviously its too early to tell, but if i had a choice between the two, id pick santos.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    I remember someone posted an interview with him a few days back. Santos thinks he is completely injury ridden and 100% ready for ST. If Santos performs like an expected set up man or closer for the next couple of years, we win the trade imo.

Molina put up some horrid numbers this season like you said, what is his ceiling? Back of the bull pen guy or 5th starter at best?
    What? Seems like you contradicted yourself there. I am assuming you mean injury free and ready for spring training. Although I would be worried if he is ready for spring training in November, psych consult coming perhaps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    What? Seems like you contradicted yourself there. I am assuming you mean injury free and ready for spring training. Although I would be worried if he is ready for spring training in November, psych consult coming perhaps?
    Unless Santos' goal is to pitch injured next season. In which case, he's ready!

vCash
    Well, nobody won the trade as both players did not make an impact to their respective teams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast