Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    It was an ugly game, but its nice to see us grinding wins out....even when its not pretty. Next week we need to play a more flawless game. That means the oline has to block, stokely needs to catch balls, and woody needs to atleast attempt to cover somebody. It will get better hopefully.
    It's like you wait for Woody to make a mistake so you can go on about this broken record.

Alright, let me put up a scenario.

Player A- 371 snaps in coverage, 51 pass thrown at him in coverage, 34 receptions given up (66.7 completion percentage), 286 total yards given up in coverage, 8.4 AVG, 174 yards after catch, 1 TD given up, 2 INT's, 5 pass deflections.

Player B- 305 snaps in coverage, 43 pass thrown at him in coverage, 29 receptions given up (67.4 completion percentage), 254 total yards given up in coverage, 8.3 AVG, 238 yards after catch, 1 TD given up, 3 INT's, 1 pass deflection.

Player A is Lance Briggs, the games best coverage 4-3 OLB (via PFF). Player B is Woodyard.

Not much difference between either of them. The biggest difference is Woodyard giving up 238 yards after the catch while Briggs gives up 174 yards. But the average yardage he gives up is 8.3..while Briggs gives up 8.4.

The point of this is to show that Woodyard is not nearly as terrible as you continually make him out to be. He's one of the games better 4-3 cover OLB's.

His coverage is not perfect but he is hanging with the best of the 4-3 OLB's...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I'll buy into it when Bay-Bay gets those routes down pat.
    He definitely needs to work on that crispness but he also gives Manning a game changing piece that can get open on any play.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    So with Baltimore winning this week who thinks they move that game to the sunday night game????
    I hope so, I hate 11 o'clock games! You east coast folk probably love them though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I hope so, I hate 11 o'clock games! You east coast folk probably love them though.
    You mentioned what time you prefer the Broncos not playing, ET is going to rip you one for that lmao!!

vCash
    I'll have to cross that road when it comes, I suppose.

vCash
    Hater.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID:24470623
    It was an ugly game, but its nice to see us grinding wins out....even when its not pretty. Next week we need to play a more flawless game. That means the oline has to block, stokely needs to catch balls, and woody needs to atleast attempt to cover somebody. It will get better hopefully.
    It's like you wait for Woody to make a mistake so you can go on about this broken record.

Alright, let me put up a scenario.

Player A- 371 snaps in coverage, 51 pass thrown at him in coverage, 34 receptions given up (66.7 completion percentage), 286 total yards given up in coverage, 8.4 AVG, 174 yards after catch, 1 TD given up, 2 INT's, 5 pass deflections.

Player B- 305 snaps in coverage, 43 pass thrown at him in coverage, 29 receptions given up (67.4 completion percentage), 254 total yards given up in coverage, 8.3 AVG, 238 yards after catch, 1 TD given up, 3 INT's, 1 pass deflection.

Player A is Lance Briggs, the games best coverage 4-3 OLB (via PFF). Player B is Woodyard.

Not much difference between either of them. The biggest difference is Woodyard giving up 238 yards after the catch while Briggs gives up 174 yards. But the average yardage he gives up is 8.3..while Briggs gives up 8.4.

The point of this is to show that Woodyard is not nearly as terrible as you continually make him out to be. He's one of the games better 4-3 cover OLB's.

His coverage is not perfect but he is hanging with the best of the 4-3 OLB's...
    The dude cannot cover someone man to man. Id like to see how many of his catches he allows are from crossing routes. Every game you just see him 5 yards behind the guy hes covering while theyre just running right through the middle of the field. I will say hes pretty good in zone coverage, but that does nothing for our team cause everyone else is better at man coverage. He was also out of position on a few runs on sunday. I know he had 9 tackles, but he should have had more. The dude is just so streaky. Some days he is our best defensive player, other days he is a liability. Although no one played great on sunday so he shouldnt be the only one getting blamed.

vCash
    And yes i realize that my view on woody is harsh. Let me say that he is a good player, but unlike a lot of people i dont think hes great. He is an asset to the team, and i do need to take it easy on him.

vCash
    Wesley woodyard has been good, but he needs rest to be effective. When hes fresh hes better.

vCash
    And yes i realize that my view on woody is harsh. Let me say that he is a good player, but unlike a lot of people i dont think hes great. He is an asset to the team, and i do need to take it easy on him.
    I don't think Woody is a great player (don't tell DB though, he'll come in here fuming ) but I believe he is a very solid player. With D.J's distractions, Mays struggles and injury, Brookings non-flashiness, and Von Miller's struggles in pass coverage, Woody plays the role as the glue in the LB core. He does a lot more than what is seen in the boxscore..he's a leader out there.

vCash
    Niners Pats on Sunday Night of the week Broncs play Ravens. We shall not get flexed

vCash
    Niners Pats on Sunday Night of the week Broncs play Ravens. We shall not get flexed
    I don't know about that. Things could change fast. Pats may have the 2 locked up three weeks. Actually, probably will have it locked up, meaning that game with the most ramifications will be the AFC 3 and 4 spots which likely will come down to the Broncos vs Ravens game.

Personally, I would bet on our game being flexed.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 11-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Cross conference game and chance of a Superbowl preview will not get moved out of prime time sadly. I don't think the Pats will get the 2, at least not until near the end of the season, my hope is that they will falter against the Texans. That is going to be a good game, shootout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm not the only one who thinks Manning-Harrison a little bit when he throws to Thomas am I? Beyond the #88, they just seem to click on the same level as Peyton and the guys from Indy.
    Does anyone not click with Peyton though? Not taking away what Thomas has done, he's been tremendous. But Manning is basically Jesus.

And then. He made them pancakes.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324