Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Our best startiing 5?

You would be surprised...

Finest Five-Man Unit

A lineup of Nash, Bryant, Jodie Meeks, Metta World Peace and Howard has posted a team-best of plus-50 on the year. In 75 minutes together on the floor, that unit has posted an offensive efficiency rating of 127.1 and defensive efficiency rating of 84.4, with much of that impact coming in the last two comeback wins.

That five-man unit held the Hornets scoreless during the last 6:47 of the game and just 4 of 17 field goals overall in the final 12 minutes to lead L.A.’s comeback.

The coaching staff went with this same lineup during a key stretch in the fourth quarter of the Lakers win over Toronto on Friday, too.

Much of the offensive success has come from L.A.’s ability to space the floor, while allowing Bryant to operate with Nash and Meeks spotting up behind the 3-point line. The coaching staff said the key, though, is for the players to show self-control on that end of the floor in terms of spreading the defense out.

“Just getting to our spots and having the discipline to stay in them,” D’Antoni explained. “A lot of time we break it up and we have guys clog up stuff. If we can keep the floor open, Kobe can get to the rim. When he does that and the defense collapses, he can pass it out to the shooter. It makes for a pretty easy game.”
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Yeah but last night The Raps exposed Meeks on the defensive end with iso and killed him. I was screaming at my TV "Get him out" after they went at him like 4 possessions in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    Yeah but last night The Raps exposed Meeks on the defensive end with iso and killed him. I was screaming at my TV "Get him out" after they went at him like 4 possessions in a row.
    Meeks is a guy D'Antoni will live and die with...He plays hard and we need the kid to be confident going into the playoffs...When' he's hot he puts up points faster than anyone on our team...including Kobe...some matchups will expose him because he's a smaller 2...I agree there...

vCash
    Rocco,

Thanks for posting this. I was curious why Meeks was left in the game given how he was getting abused on defense.

Still, most players in the NBA tend to be better at one end of the court than the other -- it's only a few players that we think of as excelling at both ends. If Meeks gives us a small bump on offense relative to his deficits on defense, you probably gotta go with the numbers, even if it's horrifying to watch.

(We've seen Meeks get hot and cold, but we haven't seen him get extended minutes with our starting line-up. It'll be interesting to see if he improves his overall game with more run.)

If that's our best starting five, it also makes for a relatively interesting bench: Pau (when he's healthy), Clark, Jamison and Blake. That's a pretty flexible bunch to swap in and out, each one being able to play more than one position.

vCash
    Yea he is a scrapper. Can't really do much on defense when you are going against a guy much bigger than you though. Love his effort all the time though always see Meeks hustling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Meeks is a guy D'Antoni will live and die with...He plays hard and we need the kid to be confident going into the playoffs...When' he's hot he puts up points faster than anyone on our team...including Kobe...some matchups will expose him because he's a smaller 2...I agree there...
    Agree. The guy is really on when he's hot but he is really streaky. What I like about him is he makes up for a lack of talent with hustle.

The boy can shoot but I swear him and Peace need to go to the gym bright and early and work on lay up drills.

vCash
    Agree. The guy is really on when he's hot but he is really streaky. What I like about him is he makes up for a lack of talent with hustle.

The boy can shoot but I swear him and Peace need to go to the gym bright and early and work on lay up drills.

vCash
    It's gonna happen , match up problems . U can't take him out and put Clark in . We needed shooters out there they were playing small too. We could of helped and double teamed but why do that and leave shooters open . Dwight helped when he could and it worked so no one cry about it please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesyLakeShow View Post
    It's gonna happen , match up problems . U can't take him out and put Clark in . We needed shooters out there they were playing small too. We could of helped and double teamed but why do that and leave shooters open . Dwight helped when he could and it worked so no one cry about it please
    The kid plays hard out there that's all I ask for and if it was a problem Kobe would of taken him out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Is Meeks injured ?

vCash
    It doesn't matter if it's Meeks, Clark, Pau, or MWP in the line-up

The game is all about match-ups. We need to adjust and attack teams. Sure Meeks is solid in certain rotation against certain teams. When he's getting abused in the post over and over an adjustment needs to be made. That falls on the coach but we need to just keep battling it out as a team and guys gotta keep gutting these wins out.

vCash
    Is Meeks injured ?

vCash

vCash

Ummmm teams will be more than happy to let Meeks and Nash try and beat them.... Your good teams with smart coaches will double and triple team Kobe when Meeks and Nash are on the floor with Kobe
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Vujacic > Meeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast