Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Wins the 100th Grey Cup?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toronto Argonauts

6 66.67%
  • Calgary Stampeders

3 33.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 100th Grey Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    You may not know any of his older songs but I guarentee that every girl in your class did. He was the exact same as Bieber is now.
    Not really. They liked the spice girls n backstreet boys.

Biebers going to be nothing when puberty hits...

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Not really. They liked the spice girls n backstreet boys.

Biebers going to be nothing when puberty hits...
    Know who was in the exact same group back then? N'Sync/Justin Timberlake

vCash
    Know who was in the exact same group back then? N'Sync/Justin Timberlake
    JT had already distinguished himself as a solo artist by 04.

He made the Super Bowl because he was a popular solo artist among football fans and the rest of the states.

The diff between the cfl and nfl is that the nfl has a constant fanbase, whereas the CFL needs A Biebers to get the preteen views.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    JT had already distinguished himself as a solo artist by 04.

He made the Super Bowl because he was a popular solo artist among football fans and the rest of the states.

The diff between the cfl and nfl is that the nfl has a constant fanbase, whereas the CFL needs A Biebers to get the preteen views.
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with you liking JT but I find the fact that you are arguing that he wasn't the teenpop star like Bieber is hilarious. And he was not a popular artist amongst football fans back then.

By the way the CFL does have a constant fanbase just like the NFL. The NFL has done a good job of promoting the superbowl into the event it is with the commercials and the big name halftime shows that attract people who aren't really interested in football. I'm sorry but 140 million people aren't watching the Superbowl for football. Over the last 10 years the CFL has been doing the same sort of thing with the Grey Cup and it has been succesful.

vCash
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with you liking JT but I find the fact that you are arguing that he wasn't the teenpop star like Bieber is hilarious. And he was not a popular artist amongst football fans back then.

By the way the CFL does have a constant fanbase just like the NFL. The NFL has done a good job of promoting the superbowl into the event it is with the commercials and the big name halftime shows that attract people who aren't really interested in football. I'm sorry but 140 million people aren't watching the Superbowl for football. Over the last 10 years the CFL has been doing the same sort of thing with the Grey Cup and it has been succesful.
    I really don't like JT.

But in terms of the Grey Cup this year; you can see by the quality of this years half time show, that Cohon was trying to get good ratings with the youngsters.

Mariana's Trench/Jepson/Bieber are all this years pop sensations. No true CFL fan cares for those 'singers'

In terms of the bolded part... ARE YOU SERIOUS!?
    There were 100+ million viewers of the halftime show. Most of them love the NFL. Sure people like the commercials, but why do you think it costs millions to air these commercials? Because people are watching the game!

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    In terms of the bolded part... ARE YOU SERIOUS!?
    There were 100+ million viewers of the halftime show. Most of them love the NFL. Sure people like the commercials, but why do you think it costs millions to air these commercials? Because people are watching the game!
    Absolutely 100% serious.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...ing_the_s.html

An estimated 54 percent of those watching Super Bowl XLV - which will pit the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Green Bay Packers - at 6:30 p.m. Sunday will be glued to their seats for the commercials, according to the study by Harris Interactive.
    The halftime show also gets higher ratings then the game overall. Many do watch the game but a very high % of them don't give a **** about football or the game.

vCash
    Absolutely 100% serious.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...ing_the_s.html

The halftime show also gets higher ratings then the game overall. Many do watch the game but a very high % of them don't give a **** about football or the game.
    Those people also are watching the game. All theyre saying is that 54% want to watch the commercials as well as the game. Of course there are exceptions, but the majority are watching the game + commercials.

In any case, I'm happy the Argos won.
    The city of Toronto needed a win, no matter what league.

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Party'd too much could not post. Atmosphere was great , game was so so, but still enjoyed the presentation and game. 1/2 time show was the most active I've seen in a very longtime, too bad the people in the resturant couldn't see.

Should have had that San guy with the dance perform after The Beaver and whip the crowd into a frenzy.

All in all, I hope this has some positive effect in the interest in the CFL in the GTA and they put on a good show.

Where was the horse?????

Nice to see all the posting done, hope you are all in for next year.

See you then.

vCash
    I didn't watch the halftime ********. Not my thing. Couldn't they have gotten Rush, Neil Young or BTO or something? Might as well have watched Much Music Video Awards or whatever it's called.

vCash
    Was a great game! Unfortunate that the half-time show got booed. As much as im not a huge beiber fan would have been nice to show some respect. Us Canadians need to be more proud

vCash
    Had a great time and the right team won, even though it was a pretty crappy game. I hope next year the weather in Regina is not wicked cold. I'm not sure why they didn't wait to have the game there when their new staduim is finished.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345